• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

216whp near stock H22A EG...

I don't get it... how is this possible

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2308216&page=1

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
    I don't get it... how is this possible
    Tune. It says it was tuned with the hondata s300. I've been saying this for years. IT IS ALL IN THE TUNE.
    1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
    4.0L I-6 2WD
    293k miles, still running strong.
    Freshly rebuilt transmission.

Comment

Originally posted by CoPilot1 View Post
      Tune. It says it was tuned with the hondata s300. I've been saying this for years. IT IS ALL IN THE TUNE.
      A 60WHP TUNE???????????

I know the stock P13 runs pig rich, but cmon man.

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

A 60WHP TUNE???????????

68mm Skunk2 throttle body
        3.5" CAI
        RC 550cc saturated injectors

PLUS he's running open downpipe. I don't doubt he was able to pick up 60WHP, given it's a really healthy motor. I've seen gains off a stock ECU up to 100+whp(Audi S4, the bi-turbo V6) when performance tuned. When it breathes properly and is not tuned for the general public, you would be surprised what can be achieved.
        4.0L I-6 2WD

Comment

A 60WHP TUNE???????????

he has an accord h22 also...

but jason(h23cb7) dyno'd 200 at wheels with i/h/e not even tuned so it really isnt hard to believe.

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by NAH2B
            i was just as surprised at the numbers, i was expecting around 200whp from what i have done in the past. i am just attributing the extra power to a combination of things such as the larger size downpipe/collector compared to stock. also im sure the 3.5" intake doesnt hurt, i have only gone 3" in the past. the missing balance shaft belt also accounts for about 6whp. and just the overall cleanliness of the swap and the way everything was put together and tuned

although i am curious if it would put down the same numbers w/ h22 gearing....
            4.0L I-6 2WD

Comment

and the JDM H22s are 200-220hp....which would NOT make that a 60whp tune....
              4.0L I-6 2WD

Comment

A standard JDM H22 puts down about 165hp to the wheels. A Type S or Euro R puts down about 180whp. So, it'd be a 50whp jump at best. Still VERY impressive.

Tuning an ECU for a turbo car is quite different. Massive gains are well documented with those. Mainly because the ECU can control the boost pressure in many newer models. Plus, they're also tuned on the rich side for safety. Take the risk of leaning it out, and turbos respond very well. Add some airflow mods to many turbo cars and you'll gain even more (though some don't respond well... like the STi... an exhaust and intake will get you MAYBE 15hp... if you're lucky)

Tuning an ECU for a near-stock Honda engine won't get you much, usually. Yes, the P13 does run quite rich, and the JDM P13 even more so (my guess is that it's looking for JDM octane fuel, and we're putting in USDM pisswater... so it dumps in more to be safe). Still, 50whp from tuning is very unlikely.

An open downpipe and an intake will definitely help. 550cc injectors without the airflow mods to require them are a useless thing.

Comment

also, dont forget the removal of the balance shaft belt, which frees up horsepower as well, not that much im sure, but less rotating mass results in more horsepower available.
                  4.0L I-6 2WD

Comment

Yeah, very true. If you do 5 mods that give 2whp each, that's 20% of that gain.

Comment

bottom line, the guy at tempest did a hell of a tune. those are great numbers for a basically stock car.
                      4.0L I-6 2WD

Comment

thats crazy but impressive. The power curve is pretty smooth overall. I wish i was putting that much power.

Comment

lean that bitch out.
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I wanna see the AFRs and timing

Could the B series tranny be a factor???

I just don't understand. That is more than a full bolt on (headers, 2KIM, exhaust, pulleys the works) VQ30

Comment

Someone made 194whp on a stock h22a on here ity doesnt surprise me at all as long as the engine is healthy and so on those numbers are pretty normal.

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              I piss off people for fun.
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                              X