i have a serious addiction...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have a serious addiction...

just bought another 100 dollars worth of tools off of Matco because i get 60% off

it's all car related tools and not general tools. help me stop! the 10mm valve adjustment tool is useful because i set a lot of valve lash on hondas.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Is it really that bad? I cant stop buying CARS.

Comment

Originally posted by dv8 View Post
      is It Really That Bad? I Cant Stop Buying Cars.
      X2
      One Day At A Time
      "Honda Connaisseur"
      1990 Accord EX Sedan Granada Black Metallic: DD
      1992 Accord LX Sedan Phantom Grey: SOLD
      1993 Accord EX Coupe Seattle Silver:FML SOLD
      1992 Accord DX Sedan: SOLD
      1993 Accord EX Sedan Arcadia Green: Stolen
      1999 Acura Integra LS Coupe Milano Red: Dead
      Bought From: mndude07 h23cb7, deevergote, hondaccordgirl, keeledesign, Fatman88, Jarrett
      Sold To: Timmyotool, mndude07, Mayberry (RIP), greenbme89, DeadlyNome92

Comment

dont you make bank at some machine shop? 100 bucks is like chump change for you.

member's ride thread
        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
        91 Accord SE 176k
        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

well you took the first step. you admitted to the problem

Comment

I can't stop buying parts for the car.

Wes, tools are a great investment. It's not like you're seriously wasting your money. If you are making automotive a career, then you're on the right track.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

100 isnt alot for Matco. haha, Sleepycb7 could have put a huge down payment on a house for what he spent on a tool box.
              -RIP Eric Hall. Miss you brother-
              newskoolhippy (10:53:37 PM): i want to see a pic of you with a hard-on to prove thats your cock
              newskoolhippy (10:53:56 PM): i need to see your face in the pic
              newskoolhippy (10:54:07 PM): with todays paper in the picture to prove your taking it now

Comment

I think they have a 12 step program for that addiction.

Comment

Tools are a good investment but w/ all things comes moderation; just be sure that everything tool buy is going to get used! It is tempting though, 60% off! Wish I had access to that!

Comment

yea, don't sweat it dude. I spend almost that much every week or two on tools between Mac and Matco, and I don't get the discount either...

But when I was in school I got 50% off anything from Mac, so I maxed out my Mac Card at $2600 and got plenty of stuff.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

I cant stop buying armrests and headrests.

Including the ones that were in my car when i bought it, i have like 5 armrests and maybe soon to be 4 sets of headrests...

Its not that i want them, just no one will buy them lol. And tools are useful. Once you start buying doubles or buying tools just to stash them...then you have a problem.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                      Originally posted by Jarrett
                      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

i think ive spent about 1600-1700 total on tools and my lime green tool box. it's a deal and i dont make bank at the machine shop. i get paid around 100 bucks a week. talk about slave labor which is why i rely on side jobs (and i get a lot of side jobs, clutch jobs, cylinder heads)

id quit already but they have a lift at work as well as my project cb7 and project bmw e30
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

your not that addicted yet. i meet people that spent 4-5k in snap-on tools!
                          miss my turbo cb7
                          moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

pics of the bimmer?

no
                            Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                            $30 HID kits here Thread
                            "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                            "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

most of the techs i work with have boxes and tools equalling over $5k each....

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                              Originally posted by Jarrett
                              Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Working...
                              X