No announcement yet.

Post PICS of your latest purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably not any time soon, but I do want to get a pair just to have a pair. Speaking of battery life, what brand/series of tools do you use? I've started the Milwaukee Fuel collecting, and a friend has a ton of Ryobi stuff that does well.
    Last edited by CyborgGT; 10-07-2019, 01:54 AM.

Comment

Went to the junkyard for a blower motor resistor for the RSX, and came across some other things I had to have:

'92 Accord owner's manual in excellent shape, complete with warranty and collision pamphlets. The owner's manual was written in, and it was apparently an original Colorado car, purchased June 8th '92 in Boulder. I was going to take white-out to all of that, but on second thought I think the history's cool.

(*ED. 10/14: Went to another yard after that blower motor resistor didn't fix the issue, and found three more owner's manuals! So now I've got two '92s, a '93, and two '93 wagons.)

Mint B18B1 valve cover, just needs cleaning, for my Honda VC collection.

(*ED. 10/14 - Landed a fourth H22 cover as well! No idea what use I'll have for it, but whatever...)
      Last edited by CyborgGT; 10-14-2019, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
        Speaking of battery life, what brand/series of tools do you use? I've started the Milwaukee Fuel collecting, and a friend has a ton of Ryobi stuff that does well.
        For better or worse, I have a Craftsman sawzall. I think I've used it to cut at least ten quarter panels off and cut down two shells into small enough pieces to haul to the scrap yard.
        90 LX 4dr 5 spd 395,000 - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
        07 Element EX AWD 205,000 - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210623
        07 Element EX AWD AT (2) 102,000 - MRT: www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=211920
        08 Element LX FWD AT 227,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums
        LOTS of CB7 parts - ENTIRE COLLECTION - FREE
        Come and get it. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=192583

Comment

The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Mmmm, CB exoskeleton car.
            Weight reduction right there, next step is to have DJ Qualls drive the car

Fleetwood i was thinking those 6 hour batteries would of gotten the job done.

I just ordered a GPI VVT SS2 cam 223/235 .637/.637 112LSA since GM screwed us Automatic owners with the DOD system which fails over time and only way to delete is to replace cam and valvetrain. Now i am concerned that i went too big yet not big enough. Waiting on BF sales so i can get some .660 dual springs and the other odds and bits needed, luckily on the exhaust side i am setup to run up to 600+ HP without breaking a sweat; transmission wise its a whole different story.
            [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Fiero Parts

by GhostAccord, on Flickr
              MR Thread
              GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
                Fiero Parts

by GhostAccord, on Flickr
                Dam. makes you wanna not use them, those parts look so good.

Comment

With the recent craze of collecting vintage bench vises, I thought I was SOL in finding an old heavy work horse for my shop. It took a year but I found this old Prentiss Bulldog up in St. Paul, MN. The Prentiss company went out of business in the '40's so it's at least that old. It's in great mechanical shape for its age aside from the jaws being kind of beat up but they're replaceable so I may invest in a new set in the future. The jaws are 5" wide and the whole thing weighs around 60 - 70 lbs. Picked it up for $150.

Comment

Originally posted by rustyaccord View Post
                    With the recent craze of collecting vintage bench vises, I thought I was SOL in finding an old heavy work horse for my shop. It took a year but I found this old Prentiss Bulldog up in St. Paul, MN. The Prentiss company went out of business in the '40's so it's at least that old. It's in great mechanical shape for its age aside from the jaws being kind of beat up but they're replaceable so I may invest in a new set in the future. The jaws are 5" wide and the whole thing weighs around 60 - 70 lbs. Picked it up for $150.

Didnít realize there was a crazy for those. That looks like a nice score btw.
                    ~Nick~
                    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                      Didn’t realize there was a crazy for those. That looks like a nice score btw.
                      I remember a video popping up in my YouTube recommends a while back that was about the restoration of an old vise. I didn't care to watch it, but it had views in the millions.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                        Didnít realize there was a crazy for those. That looks like a nice score btw.
                        Maybe it's not so much of a craze as a slow rise in popularity with collectors. So now prices, especially on ebay, are increasing. Similarly sized vises are going for $200 - $300 not including shipping, which looks to be anywhere from $50 - $200.

Comment

Jeez that’s crazy. I might have to check out the pawn shops around here. I couldn’t imagine the shipping on that thing.
                          ~Nick~
                          FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                          MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Yup.

The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
                              Fiero Parts
                              In case you don't know about it, the channel "Ronald Finger" on YouTube popped into my recommends, which has a thoroughly enjoyable Fiero restoration series going based around a car that had been sitting outdoors on a farm for twenty years. I don't even have any interest in ever owning a Fiero, but I'm really getting a kick out of some of the quirky engineering and design ideas that went into that car. I'd recommend it to anyone who enjoys the nut-and-bolt restoration threads on here or other forums.

https://www.youtube.com/user/hackmandude12/videos

Comment

In case you don't know about it, the channel "Ronald Finger" on YouTube popped into my recommends, which has a thoroughly enjoyable Fiero restoration series going based around a car that had been sitting outdoors on a farm for twenty years. I don't even have any interest in ever owning a Fiero, but I'm really getting a kick out of some of the quirky engineering and design ideas that went into that car. I'd recommend it to anyone who enjoys the nut-and-bolt restoration threads on here or other forums.

https://www.youtube.com/user/hackmandude12/videos
                                Thanks, I'll have to check it out.

These things are very quirky. It's a 1985 that is multi port fuel injected and utilizes a chip and tune capable OBD1 ECU. I am also able to use a lot of the newer electronics salvaged from my 04 Grand am with only simple connector modifications required. Good buy vacuum cruise control and single pintle vs newer disc style injectors.

Edit:

I have actually watched a few of his videos.
                                Last edited by GhostAccord; 12-24-2019, 10:46 AM.
                                MR Thread
                                GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X