No announcement yet.

Post PICS of your latest purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comes with the soap dispenser in the back which I liked. First one i've had.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
      OOOOOoooooooo............ droool! Does it take SSD ?

Edit: Dam.. oh my I'm in love. Specs on here and nice. Expandable in all regards. What config are you going to use it in?
      ( I use my 4bay NAS for network storage/DLNA, 6TB in a RAID 10. Love the reliability of it )
      After coming from an 8 year old 8-disk DS1813+ (with a 5 disk expansion) I was maxed out on space but mostly the processor couldn't handle Plex and was just slow during large files transfers. With Plex It buffered on all but the smallest files. I did try my desktop as a Plex server but didn't like leaving it on 24/7 due to all the heat. So I choose the "lesser expensive" 12-disk DS2419+ as an upgrade. Though both Synolgys have only 4GB RAM the new one seems to handle Plex files without buffering and can cope with more overhead.

I'm still on a learning curve in my setup regarding locking it down and deciding which config and features to try but I've stayed with SHR (Synology Hybrid Raid) since it's the most flexible in terms of configuring different HDD sizes. I prefer to keep each volume between 4 to 5 drives and go with SHR-1 with a one drsk redundancy.

There's 3 optional expansion cards one a 10GB network card, one for NVME SSDs (2) and a 3rd that's a Hybrid combining the 2 into one card. Unfortunately the NAS has only 1 expansion card slot.

After populating it with (8) 12TB drives and 2 volumes I'm keeping the old NAS mostly for performing backups. I got all this before the end of February and not sure what happened except for the Suez Canal ship blocking traffic combined with the chip shortage and government checks going out but the prices for HDDs and ram have really skyrocketed! So I'm happy I picked it up when I did...

Here's the specs if your interested:
      https://www.synology.com/en-us/products/DS2419+
      My Collection:
      93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
      00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
      04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Comment

Ya pretty cool thing. Love that it accepts all HDD sizes + expandable memory and 10GB interface fiber cards. Put a 1500 UPS on that and it should live forever.

Comment

I haven't been active much on here in the last few months but I recently purchased an H23A Blue top for my wagon late last month. Replaced the headgasket on my old motor but I kept running into low oil pressure and over heating issues and yesterday after one final run with the old motor the oil pump basically let go. I also ordered around $241 worth of parts from Honda yesterday for some preventive maintenance. Later this week I'm ordering Hasport mounts and the final piece of the puzzle: Hondata S300 from phearable
          Attached Files
          Henry R
          Koni/Neuspeed
          1992 Accord LX R.I.P
          1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
          Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
          made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by HenRoc View Post
            I haven't been active much on here in the last few months but I recently purchased an H23A Blue top for my wagon late last month. Replaced the headgasket on my old motor but I kept running into low oil pressure and over heating issues and yesterday after one final run with the old motor the oil pump basically let go. I also ordered around $241 worth of parts from Honda yesterday for some preventive maintenance. Later this week I'm ordering Hasport mounts and the final piece of the puzzle: Hondata S300 from phearable
            . Wagons love H23s

Comment

Originally posted by HenRoc View Post
              May I ask where you purchased this from?

Comment

Working...
              X