Post PICS of your latest purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
    Finding the model was luck like I've never experienced. First, that IG guy I linked was posting his, so I went on an eBay hunt. No luck. Then out of the blue this morning, someone else I follow/follows me randomly DM'd me a photo of the box just because he thought I'd like it. The box gave me more to search off. Maybe this social media stuff isn't so bad after all...

There's still another eBay seller with one, for slightly more than I paid: https://www.ebay.com/itm/17496938606...9764%7Ciid%3A1

My seller: https://www.ebay.com/usr/souseidoh_japan

I don't think there's a coupe or sedan. The wagon finally appeared for me when I searched "Accord 1/24".
    Is it pre-built, or assemble yourself?

I collect 1/18 scale myself, but a CB is nifty.

Comment

Pre-built. See the last photo here: https://www.instagram.com/p/CUrq0DGv4u3/

*ED. - and my seller's doing the old "last one" trick, posting another up: https://www.ebay.com/itm/29444333438...oAAOSw7hZhXiVu
      Last edited by CyborgGT; 10-13-2021, 09:27 AM.

Comment

So I'm looking at pulling the trigger and noticed this:

"Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges.

These charges are the buyer’s responsibility."

I've been reluctant in the past to buy international items due to the vagueness of this. I once tried to research how to determine what import duties, taxes & other charges might be and never came close to an answer. Sellers seem to be clueless. Have you done this before I'd be curious to find out how much additional this will end up costing?
        My Collection:
        93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
        00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
        04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Comment

Originally posted by hiptech View Post
          So I'm looking at pulling the trigger and noticed this:

"Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges.

These charges are the buyer’s responsibility."

I've been reluctant in the past to buy international items due to the vagueness of this. I once tried to research how to determine what import duties, taxes & other charges might be and never came close to an answer. Sellers seem to be clueless. Have you done this before I'd be curious to find out how much additional this will end up costing?
          https://community.ebay.com/t5/Buying.../td-p/30516141

It looks like <$800 you're fine.

My Ertl 1/18 2F2F Skyline came from the UK and I just paid the cost of the item plus shipping. For whatever reason Ebay didn't assess a tax although they have for domestic purchases.

Comment

Thanks... good info!
            My Collection:

Comment

I've ordered a few things from that part of the world (mainly JDM parts for the Accord), and a couple from UK/Europe, and I've never been charged anything extra. Good to know about the $800 limit, though, especially with car parts!

The part of the ad that annoyed me is where it says they wait 10 ten days after payment clears before shipping, which just sounds odd. I'm hoping that's not always the case, because their reviews are great as far as shipping is concerned; a couple buyers (one from Canada) described total transaction time as less than the ten days. My fog lights took only two or three days to get from Malaysia to my doorstep, but of course now we're having major back-ups at our ports, on top of the existing domestic shipping problems, so who knows when this'll arrive...
              Last edited by CyborgGT; 10-14-2021, 02:21 AM.

Comment

The new normal... everything's a mess!

Looking back now there's been so many times I've passed up on items from abroad because I couldn't figure out the additional costs...oh well. At least I learned something useful from you guys.

Thanks!
                My Collection:

Comment

Well, to confirm the legitness of the seller I linked, it's here! It finally shipped out this Tuesday, and already arrived today. Photo includes a 1:18 and a Hot Wheels for scale. Interestingly, it was modeled using the "rare" wagon bumper, instead of the one most '91s (at least in the US) came with. The car also came with a booklet that includes a nice 6-page spread on the real car - all three body styles. I wish I could read Japanese, but there are a couple photos in there of a gorgeous factory maroon interior (looks a bit redder than mine) in left-hand drive featuring an HOA steering wheel and power-folding mirror switch. The picture they use for the "F22A" (as described in the caption) looks suspiciously like a 3rd-gen engine, though. Anyway, the model:

Comment

Very nice to see the level of detail in this model!

​​​​​​BTW I believe the Google Translate app is capable of translating from Japanese to English...
                    My Collection:

Comment

Yeah, it's as detailed as any of the Maisto 1:18s I have (*ed. - well, except for the lack of steering and an opening hood; only the front doors open). Me not being a serious collector, there are very few cars I'd pay more than $100 for in either scale, but I'm very happy with this.
                      Last edited by CyborgGT; 10-24-2021, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X