Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fleetw00d
    replied
    Big A$$ syringe (1.5 quart). Bought it primarily to be able to push fluid up into the fill hole of the differential on the Elements. Also came in handy for doing power steering drain & fills without trying to disconnect hoses and getting fluid all over the engine bay. Just suck the fluid out of the reservoir, fill with fresh, exercise the steering, repeat. For the Elements and Pilot, two bottles of PS fluid is enough to do at least three drain & refills. I haven't checked the total capacity of the systems to calculate how much of the fluid is now fresh, but it is so easy to do now I'll do it more often. This is one of those tools that I'll keep finding new uses for. My only complaint is that the are large holes (not all the way through) the hemispherical end of the plunger, so when using it upside down, it retains fluid in those holes.

20200530_161957_resized by Paul Kemme, on Flickr
    Last edited by Fleetw00d; 06-24-2020, 02:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Fleetw00d
    replied
    Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post
    Finally ^^^ LoL
    No kidding. I think it was worth the wait. Best one I saw in four months of looking. Figures, after I got home with it an identical 2008 showed up locally with just 102K, underside pretty clean as well.

Leave a comment:

• Night Wolf
    replied
    Finally ^^^ LoL

Leave a comment:

• Fleetw00d
    replied
    Picked this up in Fairmont, (home town of Mary Lou Retton) WV today. 2007 Element EX AWD AT, 87K for my son.

2412091-12-revo by Paul Kemme, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• Corweena
    replied
    Some bespoke burnt gold titanium wheel bolts to compliment my 5Zigen steering wheel.

Leave a comment:

• Straight Success
    replied
    My bike was hit and knocked over by a Septa bus (public transpo). They sent me through a bunch of BS during the claim process because they are self-insured. I finally got around to buying a new one as the right side puck had cracked during the fall to the ground.

As of now, trackdays are not going on for the most part. There are a few exceptions for races (mainly the pros) and trackday orgs. I haven't been to the track since last year, so I'm going through withdrawal just like thousands of others probably.

This is crazy. I often ask myself daily, what happened for us to be here as a society? I mean, I know what happened, but what really happened?

Leave a comment:

• CyborgGT
    replied
    Still had to look up what it was, haha. I think I remember you saying you had an accident at the track. Are track days still happening during this mess, since you're still technically social distancing while being alone in your car/bike? *ED. - and now this has me wondering how many tracks are going to survive, if not. Sounds like many are struggling to stay open, Laguna Seca included.
    Last edited by CyborgGT; 05-03-2020, 04:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Straight Success
    replied

Maybe it needs an explanation. It's a Graves Frame Slider Replacement Puck - Long. I'll make my own on the lathe in the future, but for now, I just buy them from Graves as needed.
    Last edited by Straight Success; 05-02-2020, 09:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CyborgGT
    replied
    Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
    I can already tell that this particular body is not going to last long...
    And it didn't. Took the RC truck to a skate park and the body ripped off the mounting posts. It was a tough choice between this and a couple different Fords, but I replaced it with a licensed 2020 Silverado Trail Boss shell that I've got to paint myself - luckily the details like the lights are stickers. I've recently got some Milano Red laying around, too!

I'm not even much of a truck guy, but I wouldn't mind a real one of these just for the way it looks. I drove a U-Haul fleet version a few weeks back, and while the interior was pretty lackluster, it drove well and the engine was great fun.

Leave a comment:

• Corweena
    replied
    Originally posted by HenRoc View Post
    Where did you source a new oem carpet? I thought that they were discontinued.
    The Accord carpet is discontinued, but this is from a CL, which is still available. Direct fit into 5th Gen coupes. Which matches the rest of the CL interior I purchased.

Leave a comment:

• HenRoc
    replied
    Originally posted by Corweena View Post
    Made some major progress on my interior, after finally settling on what to do.

Nothing like some brand new OEM carpet to replace the 20+ year old piece in the car now. In addition to the carpet, I have a bunch of brand new OEM interior pieces I purchased. I decided to convert my Accord to CL leather interior, which makes the interior a single dark gray color, instead of the 2 ton Accord gray. Just waiting on the last few to arrive. Door panels, center console, glove box, steering column cover, coin holder, etc. Pretty much everything I could get my hands on from Honda. Extremely happy at how it is coming together. Because I never want to spend this much on stuff like this again!

Where did you source a new oem carpet? I thought that they were discontinued.

Leave a comment:

• Corweena
    replied
    Made some major progress on my interior, after finally settling on what to do.

Nothing like some brand new OEM carpet to replace the 20+ year old piece in the car now. In addition to the carpet, I have a bunch of brand new OEM interior pieces I purchased. I decided to convert my Accord to CL leather interior, which makes the interior a single dark gray color, instead of the 2 ton Accord gray. Just waiting on the last few to arrive. Door panels, center console, glove box, steering column cover, coin holder, etc. Pretty much everything I could get my hands on from Honda. Extremely happy at how it is coming together. Because I never want to spend this much on stuff like this again!

Leave a comment:

• Fleetw00d
    replied
    Innovative rear mount. Installed this and my ballistic front mount this evening.

20200416_182501_resized by Paul Kemme, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• Raf99
    replied
    https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Kind of small, but does the trick. Like the locking mechanism on the bottom. Plastic protection on the sockets helps a little.

Leave a comment:

• CyborgGT
    replied
    Picked up what is quickly looking to be another project car, my first 'real' RC. Took it up into the mountains to get thoroughly dirty today, then back into town to beat the hell out of it with some pretty gnarly jumps on concrete. While I'm still learning how to control this animal (went straight to a 3S LiPo, for those in the hobby), I can already tell that this particular body is not going to last long...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X