No announcement yet.

Post PICS of your latest purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought this the other day. 50 watt all tube head. Sold a peavey amp in order to buy it. She sounds GREAT. Amp has the ability to switch between an American overdriven high gain sound and a classic british rock sound. Cleans are beautiful too. I think about playing it all day lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Tishock View Post
      Rx7 steering rack converted to manual with new inner and outer tie rods. A bit pricey but clean up the bay nicely.
      I wish something like this existed for the CB. I've just been so lazy about buying a new rack just to tear apart and hopefully modify correctly.

Comment

SIKKY RX7 Heavy Duty Differential Brace. This replaces the weak PPF (see image) that RX7 comes with. This is one of the first things to break after pushing anymore than stock power numbers. Most stitch weld and weld in some added steel to reinforce it. This is just cleaner, much lighter and simplifies everything underneath. Also adding a trans mount and upgraded motor mounts. I may create build thread for this project

Example of the PPF

Comment

Possibly the best book cover art I've ever seen:

Accord Aero-R

Comment

In the 30+ years I've owned Hondas (and a few Acuras) I can't say I ever needed to replace a fuel cap. That said last month I needed to take the 00EXV6 in for emission testing. As usual the testing went well... up to the gas cap check. When it was all over I was told the car passed on the engine emissions but failed on the fuel vapor test. Apparently after only 20 years the original cap just couldn't contain the vapors any longer (know how that feels?). At this point I was told I couldn't drive with it any more and that they would need to confiscate the cap! So I asked how was I to buy another?

"No problem we should have one in stock for you..." Great, I thought how much is this gonna cost? When I asked they said it's free! New funding has been set up in AZ to provide replacement caps to poor unfortunates like me for just such an event. I later found out when this previously occurred the old caps weren't taken away. They only told the owners the cap was defective and they needed to replace it. Guess how that went? So they remedied the issue by installing a new free (Stant brand) cap.

At first there wasn't any issue aside for the puny looking cap handle and smaller diameter cap top. But soon-after or about 3 refuels the cap began to stick until by the next time when I needed channel locks to "coax" it off. That was it for me I drove to my friendly neighborhood Honda dealer and attempted to buy a genuine new OEM Honda replacement. As I mentioned I hadn't bought a cap for longer than I can remember so when they told me the cap would cost $48 I was dumbstruck (is that still a word?). Unbelievably that was "my cost" since I have a standing 20% discount with them. The cap lists for almost $60!!!

Long story short I said I'll think on it and went to the Acura dealer up the road and inquired how much they would wanted. Since I have a slightly better relationship with this dealership they offered it to me at wholesale or close to $34 which laughingly seemed like a bargain by comparison. All the ppl in the parts department agreed these costs seemed out of line too and could only attribute it to Honda who's increased prices steadily since the start of the pandemic...

In the end the cap I bought was for an '03 TL which is a slightly different color and handle style but at least works consistently and hopefully will last longer. I don't know but is there something reassuring about parts still made in Japan?

Last edited by hiptech; 01-26-2021, 11:39 AM.
            My Collection:
            93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
            00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
            04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Comment

I'm looking around Majestic, and the price gaps between cars are crazy. Is there really any difference? The one for a CB is only $13! Your EX V6 is only $31 on there as well; says list price is $45. "Stealership" indeed.
              Last edited by CyborgGT; 01-26-2021, 02:52 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                I'm looking around Majestic, and the price gaps between cars are crazy. Is there really any difference? The one for a CB is only $13! Your EX V6 is only $31 on there as well; says list price is $45. "Stealership" indeed.
                Interesting but it still would have been more from Majestic if you include shipping and further still for tax... Nonetheless the price for the 93SE is amazing. IDK if it means anything but if you look at the manufacturer for the 00EXV6 cap it's made by Toyoda and the one for the 93SE is from Stant... hmm

Interestingly I just tried and the caps are interchangeable! I only wonder if the pressure relief valves are rated the same?

My Collection:

Comment

Originally posted by hiptech View Post

Interesting but it still would have been more from Majestic if you include shipping and further still for tax...
                  eBay's your friend there. About half of the time, anyway. Sounds like you were under more of a time crunch in this case, but that's usually my route. Check Majestic, then look up the part number on eBay in case it's cheaper there.

I tried doing a search on whether gas caps are universal. Found some talk of vacuum sensors on newer emissions systems, so there may be some issue with interchanging caps even if they screw on fine. Can't find a solid explanation, though. Kinda puts a damper on my idea of getting the body work done to use one of those flush-style motorcycle gas caps.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Probably the dumbest thing I've ever spent money on, but the laughs are worth it...
                    Last edited by CyborgGT; 03-04-2021, 12:04 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Synology DS2419+

Last edited by hiptech; 05-03-2021, 08:44 AM.
                      My Collection:

Comment

OOOOOoooooooo............ droool! Does it take SSD ?

Edit: Dam.. oh my I'm in love. Specs on here and nice. Expandable in all regards. What config are you going to use it in?
                        ( I use my 4bay NAS for network storage/DLNA, 6TB in a RAID 10. Love the reliability of it )
                        Last edited by Raf99; 04-05-2021, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Comes with the soap dispenser in the back which I liked. First one i've had.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                            OOOOOoooooooo............ droool! Does it take SSD ?

Edit: Dam.. oh my I'm in love. Specs on here and nice. Expandable in all regards. What config are you going to use it in?
                            ( I use my 4bay NAS for network storage/DLNA, 6TB in a RAID 10. Love the reliability of it )
                            After coming from an 8 year old 8-disk DS1813+ (with a 5 disk expansion) I was maxed out on space but mostly the processor couldn't handle Plex and was just slow during large files transfers. With Plex It buffered on all but the smallest files. I did try my desktop as a Plex server but didn't like leaving it on 24/7 due to all the heat. So I choose the "lesser expensive" 12-disk DS2419+ as an upgrade. Though both Synolgys have only 4GB RAM the new one seems to handle Plex files without buffering and can cope with more overhead.

I'm still on a learning curve in my setup regarding locking it down and deciding which config and features to try but I've stayed with SHR (Synology Hybrid Raid) since it's the most flexible in terms of configuring different HDD sizes. I prefer to keep each volume between 4 to 5 drives and go with SHR-1 with a one drsk redundancy.

There's 3 optional expansion cards one a 10GB network card, one for NVME SSDs (2) and a 3rd that's a Hybrid combining the 2 into one card. Unfortunately the NAS has only 1 expansion card slot.

After populating it with (8) 12TB drives and 2 volumes I'm keeping the old NAS mostly for performing backups. I got all this before the end of February and not sure what happened except for the Suez Canal ship blocking traffic combined with the chip shortage and government checks going out but the prices for HDDs and ram have really skyrocketed! So I'm happy I picked it up when I did...

Here's the specs if your interested:
                            https://www.synology.com/en-us/products/DS2419+
                            My Collection:

Comment

Ya pretty cool thing. Love that it accepts all HDD sizes + expandable memory and 10GB interface fiber cards. Put a 1500 UPS on that and it should live forever.

Comment

Working...
                              X