No announcement yet.

Post PICS of your latest purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just picked this up on Amazon for $69. It should make fluid changes easier.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...8280F2Q3&psc=1

Prices have finally come down from a high of $120-$99 on these recently.

This particular version is both Pneumatic and Manual which I definitely prefer.
    With a capacity of 6 Quarts (1.5 Gallon) it should handle most CB7 fluids easily.

As for power steering fluid changes go I know the "preferred method" is to disconnect the P/S pump outlet hose and run the engine to pump out the fluid. But after watching this YT video I like this method as it seems potentially less harmful to avoid running the pump entirely...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VV_x..._OC2ZI&index=4
    Last edited by hiptech; 11-07-2022, 03:07 PM.
    My Collection:
    93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
    00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
    04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Comment

Originally posted by hiptech View Post
      I still have an iPod 7G & Classic but don't use them as much. The 7G battery is gone and the Classic still works but since it doesn't have Bluetooth isn't my goto device. I must admit I'm not an Apple fanboy but have always admired these devices. As for iTunes, to this day I still look for any Android program with half the playlists and the flexibility. Nothing comes close to their Smart Playlist!

My biggest dilemma is using Google maps in the car on my Galaxy S22 while simultaneously listening to a non BT iPod both over Bluetooth. Haven't worked out yet...

BTW, I do recall an EB seller a couple years ago offering modified classic iPods with SSDs replacing the HDDs. They were pricey but seemed like a great idea I wonder if they were any good?
      I replaced my Ipod classic HDD with SSD and a new battery. The dual DIN type stereo in the car has an ipod accessory plug and this thing has endless space on it. The battery lasts ..... 6 months or more now.

Comment

I just picked up some new plastidip for my Miata. Bionic Colorshift pearls over Gunmetal dip. Black Friday 25% off from dipyourcar.com
        Here's the sample image from dipyourcar. Hopefully I can recreate it!

Comment

I've been collecting Honda memorabilia (and a few other brands) for a number of years now and I decided to finally start my racing collection for them.

I'm kind of working backward, but started with the 2021 season F1 cars because even though Honda didn't quite clinch the manufacturer's championship with RedBull, it was clear by the end of the season they were dominant and Verstappen took the driver's championship. I have also ordered the 2022 Championship winning car and have both of Checo's cars for both years. I think I will move into the Piquet/Senna/Prost era of the 80's and 90's next.

I would love to get 1:18 scale of all of these, but they take up quite a bit of space and the F1 versions at that scale tend to be very spendy, so I am happy to do this for now. I'm going to have to wipe GM and Chrysler out of my case though.
          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post

I've been collecting Honda memorabilia (and a few other brands) for a number of years now and I decided to finally start my racing collection for them.

I'm kind of working backward, but started with the 2021 season F1 cars because even though Honda didn't quite clinch the manufacturer's championship with RedBull, it was clear by the end of the season they were dominant and Verstappen took the driver's championship. I have also ordered the 2022 Championship winning car and have both of Checo's cars for both years. I think I will move into the Piquet/Senna/Prost era of the 80's and 90's next.

I would love to get 1:18 scale of all of these, but they take up quite a bit of space and the F1 versions at that scale tend to be very spendy, so I am happy to do this for now. I'm going to have to wipe GM and Chrysler out of my case though.
            I'm a HUGE 1/18 scale collector. I'm not typically into the higher end cars like some collectors but I have wall cases with space to fill 58 spaces and I've got a small amount of overflow with pre-orders I have in the pipeline. I've actually downsized my collection twice, but I've been revving up again a bit during COVID. deevergote has seen the extents I've gone through to get cars. I'm happy to post photos of my collection if you're interested.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post

I'm a HUGE 1/18 scale collector. I'm not typically into the higher end cars like some collectors but I have wall cases with space to fill 58 spaces and I've got a small amount of overflow with pre-orders I have in the pipeline. I've actually downsized my collection twice, but I've been revving up again a bit during COVID. deevergote has seen the extents I've gone through to get cars. I'm happy to post photos of my collection if you're interested.
              Of course I am interested. We can compare notes. I am mostly the same as you. I am less about the extreme quality and more about the act of collecting and being able to look at them. Most of mine are Maisto and Welly.

There are a few Autoart ones that I want, but those will definitely be special ones. The majority of my collection is actually 1:64 like Hotwheels and such, and again that is more about the hunt and the ability to admire them. I am a huge 911 GT3 fan, so I have a bunch of 1:18 of various Porsches and GT3's. I haven't counted how many I can fit in my case, but we can sure start another thread if you like! I love 1:18.
              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2641 (1).jpg
Views:	94
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	4983217
                Marshall SC20H head. Entirely too nice for me. Musician's Friend might be the worst company ever, but Sweetwater was excellent to deal with. Time to play some pop punk very poorly but REALLY loud.

Comment

That looks beautiful!

Comment

I'm becoming something of an older-school gamer lately since I'm too cheap to track down a PS5, and picked up Test Drive 6. Auto Modellista for PS2 is on the way as well...

It's actually not horrible. Test Drive was never as good as Need for Speed, but somehow among all the racing games I was playing back then, I never got around to NFS and I remembered TD6 being really fun. I'll definitely be visiting the PS1 NFS series soon.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                      I'm becoming something of an older-school gamer lately since I'm too cheap to track down a PS5, and picked up Test Drive 6. Auto Modellista for PS2 is on the way as well...

It's actually not horrible. Test Drive was never as good as Need for Speed, but somehow among all the racing games I was playing back then, I never got around to NFS and I remembered TD6 being really fun. I'll definitely be visiting the PS1 NFS series soon.

I had (have?...I'll have to look) TD5. That game will forever be linked with Everclear's So Much for the Afterglow and Blink-182's Dude Ranch for me. I got them all at about the same time for a Christmas and played incessantly. I didn't love the cartoonishness of the TD games, but I enjoyed it was one of the first series to have older muscle cars and at the time I was a huge muscle car guy. I had NFS 1, 2, 3 and Porsche Unleashed for the PC and then Porsche Unleashed for PS1. NFS was amazing for its time with the in-dash view, something Gran Turismo didn't get for years.

Comment

Ha.. i use to play TD as well, back when Grand Turismo 1 & 2 were out. Nice find!

Comment

^ lukiegames.com is where I go for the older stuff. They've yet to send me anything in rough shape, and both the disc and case here are mint.

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
                          TD5. That game will forever be linked with Everclear's So Much for the Afterglow and Blink-182's Dude Ranch for me.
                          Yeah, music is a big part of why video games still mean something to me, even though they don't quite hold my attention like they used to. TD6 got me into Fear Factory (they teamed up with Gary Numan to remix his song "Cars"); the game's got some good songs on it, but annoyingly they only play when you're surfing menus and not during gameplay. I've got TD5 as well, but I haven't played it in almost 20 years... and it's kinda sad to think that much time has passed.
                          Last edited by CyborgGT; 12-09-2022, 12:43 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Moleskine hardcover notebooks. Wanted a nice, non-digital way to document everything I've put into the wagon build, from upgrades to maintenance once it's finally on the road. It's like when you buy a used car and hope it includes documentation of its service history; I'm going for that, nicely presented. I've got a huge binder going with detailed receipts, but this is more for quick reference.

I got a couple spares, and think I might go back through my records to dedicate one to the RSX as well.

Last edited by CyborgGT; 01-03-2023, 11:10 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

If you like old school gaming, you should look into emulation. I still have my PS1, 2, and 3 along with my NES and SNES but with emulation you can have access to any and every game and game system.

I like RetroArch for my front end but there are quite a few to choose from.

Under Construction​​​​​​​​

Comment

How did I miss this post? I also bought Auto Modellista over the holidays. I’ve actually never played it and can’t wait to give it a go.
                                http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Working...
                                X