Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy Father's day! What are you guys doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Father's day! What are you guys doing?

My dad passed away almost 10 years ago, so it's been a while since Father's Day meant anything to me. I have a stepfather (well, my mom's fiance, but close enough) but I really don't do anything for him. It doesn't feel right, as he's not my father!

So, I have nothing but paperwork to do today. In remembrance of my dad, I made a Pandora Radio station with all his favorite music. He was a HUGE big band jazz fan, and gave me quite an appreciation for it. So I have a Pandora station with Maynard Ferguson (his favorite), Stan Kenton, Buddy Rich, Stan Getz, etc... all the great names I could think of! (plus Glenn Miller... which is more dance music than real powerful big band stuff... but I've always liked it!)

So what are you guys doing for your fathers? Or for those of you that ARE fathers, what are your kids doing for you?

sorry to hear about your father. just remember he's always in your heart. as far as my day going to pick up a H22 head from drummersteve car went down friday night, possible head problem not sure yet. after i pick up the head more then likely just relaxing in the house with the lil one and giving my father a call.

the sedan
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=134302
    the wagon
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=150426
    the integra
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=160603

Comment

Hey Deev, I've never messed with Pandora (until just now actually). Funny because I love music. Anyway, do you have a dedicated 'channel'?

We celebrated Father's Day yesterday, and we're doing it again today. I guess my in-laws are pretty impressed with our last offspring.. haha. Andrea made fresh fish tacos (I ate WAY too much) and a strawberry tart. Today we're making a plethora of dishes, tamales, hopefully some posole, refried beans and sopapillas.

Just picked up my oldest boy from his mother's place, we may go see a movie or something.

Comment

My father left home when i was 5 yrs old. i saw him again when i was 10, and he died when i was 16.... I have a 12 year old daugher back in country who i haven't seen in 9 years.... we talk over the phone every week but is not the same... I guess to me this day doesn't mean that much!!!!
        JDM Parts for sale

Comment

my oldest daughter wants to come over and take me to a local car show today and my other 2 kids I havnt heard from them today oh well life goes on
          needing a new project got rid of bagged S10 going back to Honda's

Comment

Originally posted by mj213 View Post
            Hey Deev, I've never messed with Pandora (until just now actually). Funny because I love music. Anyway, do you have a dedicated 'channel'?

We celebrated Father's Day yesterday, and we're doing it again today. I guess my in-laws are pretty impressed with our last offspring.. haha. Andrea made fresh fish tacos (I ate WAY too much) and a strawberry tart. Today we're making a plethora of dishes, tamales, hopefully some posole, refried beans and sopapillas.

Just picked up my oldest boy from his mother's place, we may go see a movie or something.
            Nah, I have a ton of channels... I just find an artist I like, make a channel, and leave it at that. Andrew WK brings a really cool mix of stuff

And man... I'm hungry, and all that talk of food sounds amazing! Going to my mom's tonight for lobster.

Comment

Happy Fathers day to all cb7 fathers. Well my day isn't looking to good. The weathers is crappy, one of my uncles past away Friday, and today is the wake. So I'm just planning on playing and have as much fun as I can w/ my (2yr) twins and my (3yr) baby girl indoor and in the evening go to the wake.

who's real ? who's fake ? that's the people I hate

Comment

Well, im chillin with the wife and kid. Wifey went to get me some Colombian food for lunch and came back with 2 bags instead of one which was strange. She didnt noticed that they gave more too much food. Long story short, I got a nice BIG steak along with some other goodies for free Happy Father's day for me!
                1993 Accord LX - Sold
                93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

went out to eat not to long ago,oh and my mom gave a cologne.pretty good day so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                    Well, im chillin with the wife and kid. Wifey went to get me some Colombian food for lunch and came back with 2 bags instead of one which was strange. She didnt noticed that they gave more too much food. Long story short, I got a nice BIG steak along with some other goodies for free Happy Father's day for me!
                    Good deal! Sucks for the shop that gave you someone else's order, and sucks for the people who's order you ended up with... but whatever. They can't give it to anyone else once you have it anyway, so enjoy!

Comment

i bought my dad a 200 dollar cordless drill.

does that automaticly void me from having to do anything?

Comment

i bought my dad a lakers jersey and we celebrated it yesterday so we can avoid long lines at the restaurants.

this year is the first year i didnt buy my dad something that i can use for my car lol.

in the past i bought him a

craftsman tool set
                        an air compressor
                        drill
                        cordless drill
                        cordless impact

Comment

Originally posted by GHOST 2.2 View Post
                          this year is the first year i didnt buy my dad something that i can use for my car lol.

in the past i bought him a

craftsman tool set
                          an air compressor
                          drill
                          cordless drill
                          cordless impact
                          lol why do you think i wasnt to butthurt about spending money on tools

Comment

Originally posted by 92jdm View Post
                            lol why do you think i wasnt to butthurt about spending money on tools
                            i told my gf if i had alot of money, id do an extreme make over of my dads garage with all the tools he needs or may use and organized cabinets.

in reality, its the tools i need/want in his garage.

Comment

BBQ. Wash the Ford and Buick, watch a replay of Ferrari Challenge at Road Atlanta and qualifying of the British GP (yes, I know the race has already been run but that's what a DVR is for).
                              Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
                              2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
                              2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
                              2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

Working...
                              X