And there goes my car...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And there goes my car...

So, some of you know my cb is with my brother in Illinois and I live in Missouri. Well, my brother had taken my cb up to the shop today to wrap up a couple loose ends on the rear disc swap. By the time he had resolved them it was time to pack up shop and head home. Granted that this is the first time in a month my cb has seen the road, who knew that Murphy's Law would still be in effect.

About 30 minutes ago I was talking to my brother about taking a bus up to Illinois to finally get my cb back. Next thing I know he's yelling "FUCK! FUCK! ILet me call you right back, I need to get off the road and then I'll call you right back." For those that have never had this happen before... it does not leave you with a pleasent feeling. When my brother got back to his girlfriends house he finally called me back. He hit a deer.

I must say I am in disbelief right now. I'm kind of angry and somewhat sad, but I think I finally have my definitive answer on when I'll be getting my cb back...

To see my car click here

Bordeaux Red Crew #8

Dude......That sucks. Been there done that.

Comment

damn...this is definately not the first "i hit a deer thread"..i really hope it never happends to me!..sorry about your car man..in other words he could've hit a horse.

Lou's Build Thread!
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=181377
      "G-Squares Are For Assholes"~PR_CB7

Comment

Damn dude get a brush guard for that bitch. At least it wasnt ran into a ditch and over a cliff then totalled. A little bit of dear damage can be fixed.

Comment

Looks like i was late posting in your MRT.

Damn Joe...Im sorry dude. Looking at that and the pic in your sig..its not the same car. More pics are a must. Hopefully it didnt bend the frame. Looks like its just front-end damage.

How's your brother? Ok i hope. did the airbags blow?

Keep us posted.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
          Originally posted by Jarrett
          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

doesn't look that bad...just replace the front end..

and doesn't look like your fogs are damaged either.

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
            1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
            1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
            2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

Its just recently been swapped though and he was sourcing out CEL codes...I know why this is frustrating. All i can say is, dont give up. If you, dont forget about us.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

Originally posted by quakerjoe View Post
                who knew that Murphy's Law would still be in effect.
                Someone needs to kick the crap out of Murphy....
                My Honda

Comment

Better picture of the damage. It may not be a whole lot of damage, but it's enough that I really don't want to fix it. I've already started saving for another car, hopefully my mr2 will last long enough for me to get another car with ease.

To see my car click here

Bordeaux Red Crew #8

Comment

So its really, what..? Hood, grill, headlight? Maybe fender?

Sucks this happens, but if youve been DDing the MR2 and you were already saving, i think this only bumped its end up a little sooner. Just a shame it had to end like this.

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
                      So its really, what..? Hood, grill, headlight? Maybe fender?

Sucks this happens, but if youve been DDing the MR2 and you were already saving, i think this only bumped its end up a little sooner. Just a shame it had to end like this.
                      According to my brother, the radiator is f'ed, too. It was dumping a lot of coolant last night when he got home. So, I'm suspecting that the damage goes a little deeper.

To see my car click here

Bordeaux Red Crew #8

Comment

Headlight, corner light, fender, hood, radiator, core support. Who knows what else. That sucks man. Are you going to buy another cb or going a different way this time?

Comment

Originally posted by Brandoncb7 View Post
                          Headlight, corner light, fender, hood, radiator, core support. Who knows what else. That sucks man. Are you going to buy another cb or going a different way this time?
                          I'm hoping to move to maybe a 98-05 lexus gs300/400 or an sc 300. I really want something newer, comfortable and with a bigger motor.I can't justify spending any more money on my cb.

To see my car click here

Bordeaux Red Crew #8

Comment

So I take it this is going to be yet another car put up for parts on here? It seems like more than a few people are having problems lately. At least you still have another car to drive around though. Something positive.

Comment

Theyre getting older and with the passing of each year, they get cheaper, easier to steal and we grow up. Ive dropped TONS of money into mine and hardly any of it was on performance or aesthetics.

Its fun when we're young or have another car that is solid and reliable, but a money-pit project is not what you want.

I know how you feel Joe.

Comment

Working...
                              X