No announcement yet.

CB fighting for its life @ Cash for Clunkers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

people werent turning in clunkers though.... there are mint cars that are/were getting turned in.
    Members Ride sold...
    I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

if it was turned in for the cfc then it got destroyed. drain the oil bounce the rev limiter and pour liquid glass in it till it shits itself. then it gets pulled around back where salvage and employees can scavage parts if wanted then after that no matter whats left it going to the crusher.
      Members Ride sold...

Comment

If the trade-in value is less than the CFC value... CFC it goes. I'm sure dealers offered low trade-in offers in order to push a car into CFC territory... $4500 back from the government, or whatever they give the person for their car out of their own pocket, for a car that will probably go to auction and pull in less than $4500...

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
          That's a damn shame.
          I almost cried! What did she ever do to them

Them sick son of a bitches!!!
          The local asshole, 19 years in the making and still not giving a shit

Originally posted by mj213
          Wait... don't you have a carbon fiber hood? You need to give your "bro" a cunt punt.

Originally posted by bizzyboi
          He will defend his stance on raping his car to no end.

Comment

fk, we need to start rescuing good condition CB's.

We'll get a team together, go around the world finding pristine CB's and buying them so no sick fks can do their dirty work.!
            DEVOTE

Comment

x2
              Members Ride sold...

Comment

Originally posted by lokuputha View Post
                fk, we need to start rescuing good condition CB's.

We'll get a team together, go around the world finding pristine CB's and buying them so no sick fks can do their dirty work.!
                but... don't we already do that?
                My pictures/photos will return soon...

Comment

It didn't get as many polluting vehicles off the road as advertised, because older vehicles (the most polluting of all) were excluded.

It wasn't supposed to get "polluting" vehicles off the road, it was supposed to get SUV's off the road.
                  The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

If I had it my way, that motor would have gone straight to Bisi. If that really did have 60K on it, that is such a shame, there was so much life left in that motor

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      To us, cars are more than just transportation.
                      best quote ever....
                      I MISS MY CB7
                      ((((((()))))))

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                        We're automotive enthusiasts. To us, cars are more than just transportation.
                        very true.

Comment

that term clunkers is a lossely used term. My aunt wants to get a new car because she hit 60,000 miles on her '02 corolla and she thinks that she already spent way too much money on maintainence and its unreliable.

so i asked her, "has it ever left you stranded?"
                          "no..."

"how much money total have you spent on maintainence?"
                          "under 5000 dollars."

so how is it unreliable?
                          "you're not suppose to spend any money on the car and it's suppose to run forever! thats why i bought a toyota!"

same thing with my mom. ('98 lexus rx300)
                          "My oil light came on."
                          "so did you check the oil."
                          "no."
                          "when was the last time you changed the oil?"
                          "about 13,000 miles ago."
                          "you're supposed to change it way sooner than that."
                          "but it's a lexus..."

(yea no wonder the rear main seal leaks, surprised the engine hasnt sludged.)
                          Last edited by wed3k; 09-13-2009, 01:58 AM.
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                            that term clunkers is a lossely used term. My aunt wants to get a new car because she hit 60,000 miles on her '02 corolla and she thinks that she already spent way too much money on maintainence and its unreliable.

so i asked her, "has it ever left you stranded?"
                            "no..."

"how much money total have you spent on maintainence?"
                            "under 5000 dollars."

so how is it unreliable?
                            "you're not suppose to spend any money on the car and it's suppose to run forever! thats why i bought a toyota!"

same thing with my mom. ('98 lexus rx300)
                            "My oil light came on."
                            "so did you check the oil."
                            "no."
                            "when was the last time you changed the oil?"
                            "about 13,000 miles ago."
                            "you're supposed to change it way sooner than that."
                            "but it's a lexus..."

(yea no wonder the rear main seal leaks, surprised the engine hasnt sludged.)

Yeah right, your moms got another 17,000 miles on that oil. It's every 30,000 miles, people just misread it for saying 3000 and ran with it.
                            "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                            "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                            Disregard females, acquire currency
                            BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

when I worked at toyota...had some folks bring in VERY new 4 runner...v8...had 44k on it...they had a non toyota oil filter...must have either swapped the filter but not the oil or done ONE OC and used shitty oil...sludged to fuck...had a vvt-i actuator code, reason it came in.

I got to clean it up...I just shook my head...cause I knew they would do it again.

I still do not see how a cb7, especially that one, could qualify. Resale is pretty good on these old girls, especially if they are in good shape. 2-3000 resale depending on condition...that's not bad for a family sedan.
                              ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
                                when I worked at toyota...had some folks bring in VERY new 4 runner...v8...had 44k on it...they had a non toyota oil filter...must have either swapped the filter but not the oil or done ONE OC and used shitty oil...sludged to fuck...had a vvt-i actuator code, reason it came in.

I got to clean it up...I just shook my head...cause I knew they would do it again.

I still do not see how a cb7, especially that one, could qualify. Resale is pretty good on these old girls, especially if they are in good shape. 2-3000 resale depending on condition...that's not bad for a family sedan.
                                No offense bud, But I wouldnt pay 2-3k for nearly ANY accord I've seen, stock, low miles, or modified. It's a rare occasion. KBB does list CB7's being worth it, but it would be hard to find one for that much that was honestly worth it.
                                "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                                "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                                Disregard females, acquire currency
                                BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Working...
                                X