$1,050 Ticket Appeal is this Wends *help*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$1,050 Ticket Appeal is this Wends *help*

as some of you know I got a ticket this summer for $1,050. Yeah its sounds crazy and it very much is. It was at the end of the month and these arrogant pricks in Lowell had nothing better to do at like 11pm they had to fuck me over.

Anyways on with the story the ticket is for

Drag Racing: $500.00 I could Loose my license for it.
    No Transparent windows: (tint) read 1.7% $250.00
    Modifyed Exhaust: $50.00
    Speeding 55 in a 35: $200.00
    Head and injuiry fund 25.00

:
    I was at a stop light. Theres a grand am next time me. some bitch is in it. Light turns green i proceed and since i have an intake and exahust it gets loud and since downtown lowell is an ally.. its like a road in between 2 buildings so it echos and is loud i go by the cops and a few seconds later i see them with there light on. Also My windows were all down before i got pulled over so theres no way they knew i had tint except for the tiny little windows on the backseat doors.

Well now I think im screwed. I dont know what im going to say for this ticket The onky things i want gone are the drag racing since i can loose my license and my inshurence will go SOO HIGH and the SPEEDING. Im from massachusetts and I dont know how to go about it. Should i say I wasnt drag racing? and theres no was i was speeding from the light and where the cops where its literally impossible.

Please help me out. I cant have this ruien my Christmas by paying fines and loosing my license.

Damn man, you're best bet is to hire a lawyer, becasue it will just be your word against theirs. Thats why I've mounted a camera in my car so I can video tape everything, especially when cops are around...

Comment

Originally posted by FushigiRES
      Damn man, you're best bet is to hire a lawyer, becasue it will just be your word against theirs. Thats why I've mounted a camera in my car so I can video tape everything, especially when cops are around...

1. I dont have a grand for a lawyer Im a broke college kid.

But thats smart about the camera part...

[SIZE=1]But still what Would i tell them!? I had the window tint when i bought the car and i had no problems since then, for the exahust i never knew that it was illegal to have "aftermarkt exahust" for drag racing i was just acceleration from a stop.

Comment

Well, as for the exhaust part, you're gonna have to eat that one. As with the tint too. Through experience, the "I didn't know" plea doesn't work unless the judge is really chill. But I guess the drag racing accusation you can contest. Since it's your words vs. the citing officer, make sure you have your shit straight. Write down exactly what happened and memorize. I guess the hardest part to convince about you not drag racing is why you were over the speed limit. Maybe you can just plead guilty to speeding and the judge may let the whole drag racing thing slide. It's a long shot but worth the try. Good luck.

you're best bet is a lawyer
        O'skool fo sho! You might hate, but I been doin' this long before you know.

Comment

One of the problems with Mass is how they classify drag racing.

It's excessive speed with excessive noise. I believe that's how they world it, but I'm sure excessive noise is part of it. That's where you're going to get into trouble. If you eat the exhaust ticket, you can say that your loud exhaust is loud while accelerating so you can blame that on why the officer wanted to deem you speeding.

Comment

Re: $1,050 Ticket Appeal is this Wends *help*

Originally posted by Maple50175
            I was at a stop light. Theres a grand am next time me. some bitch is in it. Light turns green i proceed and since i have an intake and exahust it gets loud and since downtown lowell is an ally.. its like a road in between 2 buildings so it echos and is loud i go by the cops and a few seconds later i see them with there light on. Also My windows were all down before i got pulled over so theres no way they knew i had tint except for the tiny little windows on the backseat doors.
            well, your previous story was:

I was driving around Lowell tonight around 10:30 Just went to wendys then i decided to go downtown to see if I could see any sweet rides. I get to a light and theres some fat chick infront of me in a grand am... She went then i went and she started to go slower... then i was still in first and switched lanes got next to her and she started to floor it... i was in second doing maybe 25? and i see a cop on the right side of the road and keep going.. at this point all you can hear is my intake and exahust and im like i better not be getting pulled over......
            link to previous thread about the same issue.
            seems to me like you need to get your story straight before wednesday:
            1. was the other car (grand am) next to you or in front of you?
            2. were all the windows down or not?!?!? again, from your previous thread:
            Yeah i did roll down my front windows... IT was my 2 rear side doors that they saw.. i dont have my rear window tinted..
            your previous tickets:
            posted 5/25/04

posted 6/1/04

posted 6/26/04

posted 10/05/04

posted 11/4/04

seems like there's a pattern.
            you should expect this pattern of citations to be brought up in court by the judge and or city/district attorney. you'll have a lot of explaining to do.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

uncel_el is the search god.. screw him being a mod.. he needs to be an admin haha.

but wayne you just need to accept what is coming for you.. just as olivrooom said.. "i didnt know" stuff never works.. i did it when i got a window tint ticket way back in the day and same w/ having no front license plate.

its your word against the police and judges.. and you're a young guy so most likely they are going with the police. same stuff happens to people every day.. much too often.

if you can afford a lawyer.. then most likely you just need to prepare for the worst and hope to get off easy.

good luck man.
              Adam - Retired OG member from '03
              2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
              2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
              2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

uncle... They dont bring up old cases. you just sit in a room with the judge guy and a officer. usually the officer that pulled me over is not there and they will find someone else most likley

AccordWarrior You are right about that definition. I mean i can take the 50$ but need to loose the the speeding and drag racing.

The grand am was next to me. To my left. all i know is that i have to think how i can win.

Comment

uncle... They dont bring up old cases. you just sit in a room with the judge guy and a officer. usually the officer that pulled me over is not there and they will find someone else most likley

AccordWarrior You are right about that definition. I mean i can take the 50$ but need to loose the the speeding and drag racing.

The grand am was next to me. To my left. all i know is that i have to think how i can win.
                  if your defense is going to be "i wasn't exceeding the speed limit, and i don't do that." i don't see why they wouldn't bring up your past behavior, especially when a few of the incidents occurred this year.

i was in court last year, and a guy got caught doing 85 in a 60. he took a defensive driving course, and was very apologetic. he said he had turned his life around, and just got custody of his 2 kids the week prior to coming to court for this speeding offense. in short, he said he had learned his lesson.
                  at that point, the judge said "sir, i don't think you've learned your lesson." then, the judge brought up his 6 or 7 speeding tickets in the past 4 years. then the judge said he had to serve 30 days in prison, but he could do them all on the weekends and holidays.

in any event... if your story is differing here on the internet where you have time to sit and think before you type and as you type, i don't see how you will fare well in court where time is of the essence. perhaps you'll surprise me.

also of note is that this ticket is from almost 6 months ago. you've had plenty of time to think and come up with a strategy. you've also had time to accept what you did (or what you still claim didn't occur)...

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

i see. But they do not have any otehr information. All they have is the piece of paper that has the fine etc. There is no other paper work/computer since theres about 20 other people that go.

Well ill figure out something.. I just always get nervous

Comment

So all the times I've been to court, the judge has always mentioned my previous tickets. And what sucks is that he may be swayed by your past driving habits and earlier citations. As uncle_el has posted the above things, you really need to practice on getting your story straight for your court date. What you post here doesn't matter. Just get it all down so that it comes out naturally and confidently. Be aplogetic but don't be pathetic. And just be ready to face etiher leniency or your consequences. How about you make a DONATON THREAD for your tickets. I'll donate $5 dollar. Dead serious on this. Just remember it when I need to get bailed out. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by olivrooom
                        How about you make a DONATON THREAD for your tickets. I'll donate $5 dollar. Dead serious on this. Just remember it when I need to get bailed out. LOL!

well, he only needs $1,045 now.. heh.
                        Adam - Retired OG member from '03
                        2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
                        2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
                        2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

LOL! Hey, it's a start.

Comment

Tell the judge the same thing that you told the cop. I went to court for a ticket (61/35) and told the judge the same EXACT thing that I told the cop. The cop told the judge that "he is very precise, he told me the same exact thing the day of the offense; I motion that you reduce the ticket to 49/35. It was going to be $440 and 6 pts but since he reduced it, it was $181 and 4 pts. Just be straight up honest with them. Tell them what happened and why it happened. Just don't make up some. They Hate that!
                            FSAE(F Series Accord Enthusiasts) "A dying breed..." #15

Need parts? Check out my 1990 EX part out!
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=60011

www.clemsonscc.com

Comment

Your going to jail

Comment

Working...
                              X