This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2010 Calendar... images needed NOW!

Ok, I'm going to make this happen. I want to have everything done in 2 weeks time, so people can have their calendars in time for the new year (a first for this site! )

I know cp[mike] has a thread going from January already. However, I'm starting fresh. If you posted a picture in that thread, I may contact you... or you may simply email me your images.

I have 3 basic requirements for the images themselves:

-They must be LARGE high resolution images. 2300x1800
    -They must be 200dpi
    -They must be in JPG format

This is very important. If the image isn't high-res, then it will appear grainy. It will look TERRIBLE on the calendar. Therefore, it will be a waste of my time, and a waste of your fellow members' money. If you have a great picture of your car that doesn't meet the requirements... sorry... can't help you.

All submissions must be sent to me at deevergote@comcast.net.
    All submissions must be in a ZIP file. Name the ZIP file in this manner:

username - real first name - city, state, country

So:
    deevergote - Mike - Woodbury, NJ, USA.zip would be the file name.

This way, I don't have to track you down to get this information if your image is selected. This information WILL be printed on the calendar.

Please don't send me every file on your hard drive. Pick the pictures that YOU think are best, and send them to me. If I get too many pictures, I'll simply set the collection aside and move on to the next, smaller, batch.

Now, for the images themselves...

-If your car shows damage in a picture, it will be rejected.
    -If parts of your car are unpainted, or mismatched, it will be rejected.
    -If the image is blurry, it will be rejected.
    -If the image is modified noticeably, it will be rejected (no creative photoshopping... though touching up and minor enhancements done by EXPERIENCED photoshoppers are ok)

Please take the background into consideration. If the picture of your car is nice, but you're parked in front of a unappealing background... the image won't be pleasing to look at. No parking lot pics, with your car next to some beat up SUV being loaded full of groceries by an old lady.

No people in the shot, if you can help it. If there are people, be sure they're a distant part of the background.
    Please don't send pictures of yourself posing in front of your car (even if you're a pretty girl.) Likewise, no pictures of your friends, girlfriends, moms, grandmoms, dogs, etc... CARS ONLY.

Keep in mind that all submissions become property of CB7tuner, for use on the 2010 Calendar. This calendar WILL be for sale, with the profits generated going to support this website. No members will be compensated monetarily for their contributions.

The images will be selected by me. The staff may or may not participate in the selection process. All decisions are final. We can only choose 13 images total (one being the cover image) so not everyone will be selected. If you are not selected, feel free to submit your image next year. Please do not take offense. Please do not make a scene on the forum if you are not selected. I do not care to explain to every rejected member WHY they were rejected. If I feel your image was very strong, with the exception of one or two minor (but significant) flaws... I will probably tell you, so you can correct it for a future submission.

Start submitting today. 12/07/09.
    I will stop accepting submissions and make my final decisions next Monday evening, 12/14/09. I will only accept submissions after this date if I have not gotten enough quality images.

If you have been in a CB7tuner calendar previously, I still encourage you to submit photos. Since time is short, I don't want to exclude anyone that might have pretty pictures to submit! I will try not to feature someone a second time, but if I need to, I will (I know at least 1 member that has about 5 years worth of worthy calendar pics ready to go...)

Any submissions that do not follow the requirements will be deleted. I will not hound anyone to correct their submission.

ONE MORE TIME...
    because people clearly don't get it...

Name
    Screen name
    Location (city, state, country)

-Send all pictures IN A ZIP FILE. Emails with individual pictures will be instantly deleted.
    -The zip file must be named with your name, screen name, and location. Emails without this will be instantly deleted.
    -Please send only ONE zip file. I don't want a million zip files from you. I will use the first one you send. Anything after that will be deleted. Pick your favorite pictures and send them to me. I do not want your whole collection.
    -DO NOT ask me to put your pictures on a certain month. DO NOT ask me if you have been selected. DO NOT give me hard time. If you do... you guessed it. Your pictures will be instantly deleted.

if i have images that are around 3000x2000 should i resize them to your specs or should i just give you the original and let you do what you need to with them?

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

and please no shitty pics or stock accords

mike, joey (stickydiljoe) isnt going to post, so i ask you to get a pic of his car in for the calendar
      miss my turbo cb7
      moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Joey hasnt been on here much lately, nor have we seen too muc of his car this year, thus i dont think it fair that we automatically include him.

Also, I dont see why "stock accords" cant be included. Ive seen some VERY nicely done, very clean CBs that were stock or mostly stock. I think if it looks very well kept or maintaied, it should be just as worthy. Just things like rust, broken/chipped hubcaps, etc should be omitted.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
        Originally posted by Jarrett
        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by H22artman View Post
          if i have images that are around 3000x2000 should i resize them to your specs or should i just give you the original and let you do what you need to with them?
          Resizing will increase your likelihood of getting featured. I CAN do it, but keep in mind that I'll be getting dozens of pictures... and I'm fairly busy myself. If I have 14 great pictures and 13 of them are exactly as specified, the 14th will be discarded. As long as they're sized DOWN, and not sized UP from a 600x800 or something.

Originally posted by quickangel93 View Post
          and please no shitty pics or stock accords

mike, joey (stickydiljoe) isnt going to post, so i ask you to get a pic of his car in for the calendar
          Joey's car no longer exists.

Stock accords are fine if they're in good shape, and in a nice shot. I find a mint-looking bone stock CB7 to be even more impressive than a heavily modded car. If TypeG put his car back to stock, it'd remain one of my favorites of this site due to the condition.

Also, please... no funky angles... and remember this is going on a landscape-formatted calendar. No tall pictures.

Comment

Ive got a tall pic, would you be able to crop it? I dont have a program to do so.

Members Ride Thread - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121452

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
            dustin, you are a dick!

officially the lowest ive seen now

Comment

I have a feeling Ronald_Type-R will be featured in the calendar. His car is GORGEOUS.

Maybe I'll submit some pictures next year, as the CB is currently under construction.
              R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

Originally posted by AstroVannin View Post
                Ive got a tall pic, would you be able to crop it? I dont have a program to do so.
                Deev just said he could do it, however its likeliness of becoming featured in the calendar will be significantly less if he has to do any resizing.

He doesn't want to have to do it. He'll be getting alot of pictures so if yours is not of the required specifications, then you have less of a chance of being chosen.

Originally posted by deevergote
                Resizing will increase your likelihood of getting featured. I CAN do it, but keep in mind that I'll be getting dozens of pictures... and I'm fairly busy myself. If I have 14 great pictures and 13 of them are exactly as specified, the 14th will be discarded. As long as they're sized DOWN, and not sized UP from a 600x800 or something.
                R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

Reading owns me.

SHIT, and it RIGHT THERE too. I dont know how I missed that.

Members Ride Thread - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121452

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
                  dustin, you are a dick!

officially the lowest ive seen now

Comment

Mk, I'm sending you 3 pics in the zip. If you do like one of them, you can email me back with which one and I can resize it for you, I didn't realize you DON'T want 3kx2k lol oh well.

Comment

hmm will be emailing u soon as i get my lip painted?ask friend for photoshoot great stuff i hope i can be dec my bday bump!!!!!!!!!
                      1992 Accord Cb7:

Comment

Let me just skip ahead. When ( estimate ) will i be able to buy a calendar?

Comment

2300x1800 so biggg

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto View Post
                            2300x1800 so biggg
                            Eh, not really. Most of mine started off at 3200 x 2400.

I sent in a few pics. We'll see what happens.

The Hatch < < - - - - - - - - - - - - - - My Cars - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - > > The Accord

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                              Let me just skip ahead. When ( estimate ) will i be able to buy a calendar?
                              Read the first post.

Originally posted by ikayto View Post
                              2300x1800 so biggg
                              Did you get the 2007 calendar? aww_shiet's pic was small... we resized it. The picture of his beautiful car ended up being garbage on the calendar.

BIG IS NECESSARY.

I can resize... but I'd rather not. I'd rather take pics that I like, slap them into photoshop, add the info, and get them off to the company that makes the calendar. I don't care to resize. I don't care to play email tag with "can you fix this?"

Send me the pictures according to the specifications above, or your car will not be in the calendar. If I can crop it, resize it, etc... so can you. However, I'd be doing it for MANY pictures... you're just doing it to your own.

Comment

Working...
                              X