Too much fuckin rain anyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too much fuckin rain anyone

Hey today on my way headin to work I seen two suv's just drive through the water. the level of the puddle was almost like a freakin river it had to be atlead up to our cb7 side door moldings halfway below it. and my cars 3 -4 intches from the ground.

I saw one of my colleges heading to work in the same direction he chose to drive through it and almost got stuck in his 2003 hundai elantra. I said oh hell no did a 180 and took the other route. I heard so many people having gone through hydrolock and once its it the engine that shit dont compress.

Then when i got to work I told him so did you have fun driving through that fuckin lake he told me yeah it was easy I have traction control so i dont get stuck i looked at him like then then i told him well have fun goin through there when i get to work before you ill be sure to call you a tow-truck if you dont show up before me. Mother nature is not a game people.

yeah, it was poring down here also. i was driven my other cb7 yesterday which is stock height and the water level was high as shit. i was like damn, im glad i wasnt driving my other car.
    NEED RAP BEATS.....

www.soundclick.com/akcidentaltrakz

Comment

it was raining like crazy, and the wind was really bad too... blew part of our fence down. i took some pics of my car in the rain and recorded some videos of driving in the rain... but the power cut out before i was able to put them on the comp

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

6" of snow here... but its all good cause Im driving an awd talon until thanksgiving. I've driven through some pretty deep puddles without ever having a problem. last winter I had my cai with no filter for a couple months because it had fallen off/gotten run over and I didnt feel like replacing it since I had an h22 waiting but nothing ever happened. At one point I drove through a very large snow bank (above the height of the hood) and the car stalled, wouldn't restart for a few hours, but then after that it was fine.
        HSHO #3

Comment

Damn talk about your close calls heh. Well over here there was a blizzard so strong that even suv' s got stuck why is that After all the money that these people paid and they still cant out perform a honda cause i made it thats fucked up. I hate suv's im sorry they just take up space and some take up space and have no real space inside or if they park on the corner just leaving you a blindspot waiting to get hit that shit gets on my nerves. I remember i made a expedition rearend another person before while he was on a cellphone.

The expedition was just driving weaving in front of everyone talking it was a guy rollin on dubs so to speak i hate that shit. S hes not payin attention and weaved in front of my car and stops short three times on three different stop lights. I found an exit stayed to his rightthen made and exptreme left he swearved and hit the back of a taxi .

You should have seen the look on his face I pulled over with the car still in first and nodded my head like yup that what you get asshole now pay attention to the road and this turbanhead lookin like the sultan from alladin came out shouting at him like ( excuse me sir) I peeled out like fuck it my job here is done.

Comment

i was also out driving in the rain last night. it was about 9:00 PM EST, and it looked like a monsoon outside. i had to drive an hour home on these dark roads. i could only see like 10 feet in front of me.

i was cruisin down the road (about 40/50 mph), and i'd hit these patches of deeper water and feel the car just totally lose control for that moment. i could just feel all of the water in the wheel well as i went through it.

it's times like those when i'm glad i bought that bypass valve. for the peace of mind, it's all worth it.

Comment

I am so damn glad i went with the short ram instead of the cai. My engine would have been done for. I also had to drive in the rain. You could not see jack out. The only thing i saw were 2 red lights in front of me. I occasionaly saw a white dotted line on the ground and realize the car in front of me was also driving on the line.

Comment

rain in atl was pretty bad, mostly it was the wind messin stuff up. some flash floods in the north and rivers were streets were and a one parking lot that you could go rafting in, had a nice current too, oh yeah there was a buncha wrecks as usual..people here either seem to drive like its NOT raining, or they drive as if black ice is everywhere. driving in the rain can be fun as long as no one anywhere but you and some friends in some industrial or other out of the way area. just be prepared to find a couple new dings the next morning. as for the CAIs in rain...as long as you have a properly installed by-pass valve atleast a foot away from the intake manifold they work just fine. i have accidentally gone through some little ponds on the roads with close to full accceleration goin...not a problem with the engine or the intake. but sometimes i think about pulling off the second half of the intake pipe and then just putting the filter on where the by-pass sits. then i remember how much work it is to wiggle my front bumper off to get to the clamps that hold the filter on.

Comment

Yup... The weather here's been pretty bad for the last week-and-a-half... Windy, rainy, and cold... Been taking my SUV around instead of my CB7 (leaving her at home) because the roads here are poorly constructed (hardly any drainage) and are prone to floods when a big rain comes...

Hope everyone's alright out there...

L8z-
                  Jay
                  "Don't meddle with things you don't understand..."

1990 Accord LX- Maroon w/Raspberry pearl. Daily driven: NOT a stay-at-home-bitch RIP 8/9/2006

Another Gen4 CB7 ryde in the works...

Ryde Syndicate... "If it don't make dollars, it don't make sense..."

Comment

if the water is deep dont go through at all if you feel that you wont make it. BUt sometimes i went through like maybe i say about at the bottom where my header if or about where my front stock lip is and just driver through it with the car in neutral and the clutch pedal pushed in so the engine doesnt suck it up.

Comment

phew over here in spokane theres never really that bad of rain. its not like seattle which is like the rainiest city in the us (im going to college there too...shit!). i saw some of the news stories on how much rain there was on the east coast and i was like hmm i wonder if anybody on cb7 is having to drive through that shit. we're gettin hit with some snow over here right now, but i love it and cant complain

The Dark Tower..........................................and Blaine the Mono

Comment

Originally posted by 92coupe
                        sometimes i think about pulling off the second half of the intake pipe and then just putting the filter on where the by-pass sits. then i remember how much work it is to wiggle my front bumper off to get to the clamps that hold the filter on.
                        you know you can get to that filter by unscrewing the inner wheel well splash guard/lining, right? that's a lot easier.

Comment

well i see u got the gauges but i mean if u got anothe ro n e where u put it on the passenger side and then your passenger really could see but u may not i mean it is up to u but i think u should not put a gauge in where the stero is i mean if u canjust try to fix that problem but ui think when u go all motor the ones u have is enough. i holla
                          Racergirl21

Comment

Working...
                          X