Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any local guys wanna go on a date with me and help me with my car?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any local guys wanna go on a date with me and help me with my car?

My car is slowly falling apart. I need axles and wheel bearings, bur from the sound, wheel bearings a lot more.

I'm going to buy the bearings, but I don't know how to replace them... nor do I have the air tools or breaker bar necessary to take off the fat axle nut.

If any of you norcal cats wanna help me out, I would greatly appeciate it. I'll buy dinner, 24pk of corona, whatever you would like. My goal is to get the job done and learn in the process.

I don't know if this will help you at all since you don't have a breaker bar but once you get that off take the caliper off then I'm pretty sure the control arm be careful not to stretch to much there's bolts on the back of the rotor most likely need a slide hammer to get the rotor off from there the bearing needs to be pressed(took to shop for that) and while your at it and got it off probably good idea to replace the rotors....any one correct me if I'm wrong or left something out
    MRT->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188802

Comment

Please relocate this to the Norcal regional section.

If you require services/sales keep it in the regional section or classifieds.
      If you need technical advice post it in the tech section.

As for what I read - You havn't even tried getting the axle nuts off.
      Get a socket and a breaker bar first, Then try.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Working...
      X