What's the appeal of getting Drunk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the appeal of getting Drunk

I don't mean tipsy, I'm talking about Don't-remember-the-previous-night drunk or pants-shitting, blackout drunk.

I understand that some people feel like getting tipsy is fun because they loosen up but it seems like there are so many negatives to getting blackout it's not worth it.

This goes for getting high as well. Once again, so-numb-you-can't-talk-or-move high, not I-just-want-a-bag-of-funyuns high.

Originally posted by Maple50175
    Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

I dont know too many people who arent alcoholics that get black out drunk

Saturday night I had a few beers....Cant say I could drive....but I definitely wasnt anywhere near black out drunk

The three times in my life I got black out drunk I can admit I was stupid....doing too many shots in a short amount of time....Havent been legit black out drunk in 4 years....have had some hazy nights....but I remember pretty much everything....maybe not every minor detail but I know what im doing and how im doing it.

Same thing with smoking weed....I cant speak for everyone....but the only people I know who smoke stupid amounts of weed do so because they do it everyday....I used to be like that...but even then it wasnt to the level you describe...nor is that way for any of the people i know who smoke daily....but now I smoke weed maybe once a year....and one unit is more than enough to last me for hours.

But to answer the question....I dont see the appeal to either....the few times i was black out drunk I wish I hadnt.....and the only reason I smoked lots of weed is cuz a little just wasnt cutting it....it was more to maintain a certain high than to get too high to move.
    Last edited by King James; 07-12-2011, 12:14 AM.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

Been a few times where I just drink too fast, and when I'm feeling "good", I feel like i'm not feeling "good enough", so a couple more drinks and then all of a sudden I'm quite fucked up and by then it's too late.

I typically drink beer, so when I start drinking beer and then have shots after, that's when it really hits me hard.

Most of the time when I drink, I just get a buzz going and I feel good enough. But there's times I just want to drink because I'm having a good time, and then like I said, I just drink too much too fast and it catches up with me and hits me really hard before I even realize it.

Not many times that I go out to the bar and wake up with a hangover. I typically know my limit, but there's times I get carried away and over do it.

Comment

I think what you said crazymikey is what happens with a large portion of people. They are having a good time and the little bit of alcohol they get in them makes them forget their limits and before they know it, they're in blackouts-ville.

Then again, I hear of plenty of people saying, "I plan on getting blackout this weekend." I just can't fathom what makes them want to get to that point. I enjoy having a few drinks with friends but it seems odd to me to plan to get on that level.

Originally posted by Maple50175
        Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post
          I don't mean tipsy, I'm talking about Don't-remember-the-previous-night drunk or pants-shitting, blackout drunk.

I understand that some people feel like getting tipsy is fun because they loosen up but it seems like there are so many negatives to getting blackout it's not worth it.

This goes for getting high as well. Once again, so-numb-you-can't-talk-or-move high, not I-just-want-a-bag-of-funyuns high.
          I don't know anybody that intentionally sets out for the night, with an aim to black out.

Alcohol requires the consumption volume to increase throughout the night to maintain the buzz.
          More alcohol (In order to "chase" the buzz) = More drunk = More chance of Black out (Basically Alcohol poisoning)

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

I don't get it

To me if you require some drug to feel good and have fun, you have larger problems in your life. Alcohol doesn't solve problems or make life better, at least in my opinion.

I actually stopped hanging out with a group of friends on the weekend because some of them went way overboard with the booze. To me it just isn't fun dealing with annoying drunk people. I used to be a DD all the time, but I stopped that after being fed up with the attitudes, bitching, and feeling like a taxi driver. Not worth it in my opinion.

To me if alcohol changes the way you generally act, you shouldn't drink. I am talking about people who have a few and become angry, bitchy, or violent. Also why do people drink with those people. I don't get how people excuse actions by stating that they were drunk. "I would never have done that sober" does not work for me.

Also who the hell can't tell when they have had enough, it isn't hard.

Its not like every time you drink your body reacts completely differently. If you were comfortably buzzed on 3 beers last time, you will be comfortably buzzed on 3 this time.

Thats just me though
            Last edited by Ghetto_CB7; 07-12-2011, 01:09 AM.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

I think what you said crazymikey is what happens with a large portion of people. They are having a good time and the little bit of alcohol they get in them makes them forget their limits and before they know it, they're in blackouts-ville.

Then again, I hear of plenty of people saying, "I plan on getting blackout this weekend." I just can't fathom what makes them want to get to that point. I enjoy having a few drinks with friends but it seems odd to me to plan to get on that level.
              it's like pushing yourself harder and harder to achieve something. Much like setting a goal.

I tried salvia friday night and it was an amazing experience but ive also never tried any hallucinogens. like i said, its about pushing yourself and I wanted to try experiences that ive never been to before. You just have to be careful and responsible at the same time.

Unfortunately i still work 6 days a week, so its hard for me to get all coked up the night before. There are some compromises.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

well, i myself tend to drink...a LOT...tommi can verify that, hes partied with me and my buds before

theres getting shitfaced...and then theres getting black out drunk. I can honestly say that ive NEVER been black out drunk before! and i can drink...ive gone out with guys who are twice my size and are heavy drinkers, we drink the exact same thing and they black out and i tend to remember everything.

to ghetto_cb7:

i dont really think alcohol changes who you are, i think its letting the real you out. all week/day your obide by rules, be polite, dont swear, act proffesional, etc...when your out to drink, you just kinda say fuck it, ima be me...and you show your true colours....kinda why women are such sluts at clubs

For an average party night i'll start off with buds playing beer pong, during the hour we play i'll personally drink maybe 8 beers. then we'll head out downtown to a bar and have a few shots and a few more beers. make our way to a club where its beer and shots all night. sure i may end up getting shit faced and slurring like no other, but come morning, i'll remember everything i did last night. it is extremely rare that i dont remember...the only times it does happen is usually on my birthday when were at a club and theres non stop shots being bought for me all night...thats when i tend to get blacked out.

but again, its all who your with, some friends i can go out with and we all tend to drink based on each others energy levels. if were all hyper acting like were kings...were going to drink...a lot. but if were just mellow chillin at a club, we may only drink 10 or so beers each and take er easy and just relax and have a good time.

but ive quit drinking for the summer! summer time is beach time wich means gym every day and beaches on weekends trying to pick up chicks...cant really do that drunk, i can pick up chicks way better when im sober
                ..[CB7][STAR]..
                MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

I knew a guy that got to .40% BAC, I was not at that particular party thankfully. He was pronounced dead at the scene, the paramedics were able to revive him.

The final straw in that binge is he was dared to drink an entire bottle of 151. He did and collapsed immediately after.

Last I heard of him he was still drinking
                  1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

See, when I plan to get "shiftaced", I end up having like 3 beers and then I'm like "eh, I feel good enough" and then I get all lazy and sleepy.

It's the random partying where I end up drinking the most. I can easily consume 8 to 10 beers and several shots in a night and still wake up the next morning as if nothing happened. Then, I'm also a pretty average build, 5'10, 185lbs. Obviously drinking on an empty stomach accelerates the effect of the alcohol too.

Any given weekend wrenching on the CB, I'll have a few beers while doing so, but I seem to sweat it out, so I don't even feel a buzz off them.

A couple weeks ago, I went out to the bar. Had about 5 cans of beer before I left, got to the bar, had about 4 more bottles of beer, 3 jager bombs and 2 other random shots. I was pretty drunk by the end of that. When I got home, head hit the pillow and I was out like a light. Woke up the next morning stone sober like nothing happened.

I dont drink to abuse it, I drink to enjoy it and myself. I drink because it makes me feel good.

Comment

ive forgotten two nights. it wasnt the funnest thing the next day figuring out what happened.
                      To-Do List for Today
                      Be Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                        See, when I plan to get "shiftaced", I end up having like 3 beers and then I'm like "eh, I feel good enough" and then I get all lazy and sleepy.

It's the random partying where I end up drinking the most. I can easily consume 8 to 10 beers and several shots in a night and still wake up the next morning as if nothing happened. Then, I'm also a pretty average build, 5'10, 185lbs. Obviously drinking on an empty stomach accelerates the effect of the alcohol too.

Any given weekend wrenching on the CB, I'll have a few beers while doing so, but I seem to sweat it out, so I don't even feel a buzz off them.

A couple weeks ago, I went out to the bar. Had about 5 cans of beer before I left, got to the bar, had about 4 more bottles of beer, 3 jager bombs and 2 other random shots. I was pretty drunk by the end of that. When I got home, head hit the pillow and I was out like a light. Woke up the next morning stone sober like nothing happened.

I dont drink to abuse it, I drink to enjoy it and myself. I drink because it makes me feel good.
                        Tell us the story about how you went into your garage to work on the CB while drunk

Comment

I had a few blackout nights as well. My first time ever going to the bar was one of those nights. It was epic.

Let's say I woke up behind a dumpster, in the pouring rain, covered in puke with my pants up, but undone, and lost my hat. Wasn't even the same bar I originally went to.

Then I spent about 2 hours walking around looking for the girl's house I left my car at. Then I showed up to work on the wrong shift the following day.

Got the nicknames "Mr Party" and "Shitty Pants" at work due to that night.

Comment

i dont think anyone does that on purpose...

"Tucking tires and wires."
                            The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by texasvtak View Post
                              ive forgotten two nights. it wasnt the funnest thing the next day figuring out what happened.
                              Do you have a demon in you?

no
                              Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                              $30 HID kits here Thread
                              "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                              "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Working...
                              X