Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

while my advice may seem a bit extreme, this is what I think

-find a new girlfriend
    -bring the gf to your house, tell her you are never going to her house again
    -fighting is rarely a good idea unless you cage fight on a regular basis and rip everyone a new one. he doesn't have to have a gun to f*** you up. a wooden stick is a deadly weapon when used correctly (in one hit).

Comment

Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
      cliffs?
      geoff and gf walk into kitchen to use microwave to make dinner.
      gf's dad is making some sort of sandwich, gf asks to use the microwave. dad says ok. dad got his panties in a bunch, started argument over her using the microwave, stormed off. dad comes back/starts another argument. sister and mom join in, everyone starts arguing, dad and mom fight turns physical. gf and sister try to seperate mom and dad, dad gets pissed even more and tells geoff to leave.

Click picture to see my mrt
      Instagram: sikz6

Comment

Originally posted by sikz6 View Post
        Honestly for your own safety and to keep you out of trouble, don't go poking the bear. If you pick a fight and he ends up hurt, he could possibly press charges and/or file a restraining order. If another situation arises and you defend yourself that is one thing. Whether you were doing the right thing or not.

If i was you, i would call the cops next time something like this happens and you can say you are a neighbor that heard a domestic dispute.

There is nothing "normal" about that scenario. Whenever people say stuff like that is "normal" they are in denial/embarassed/ashamed. However, it is a pretty common response. Anyways, sounds like her dad needs some serious anger management classes.
        This.

Honestly, you're in his house. You shouldn't get involved unless someone's safety is seriously at risk. Until there is absolutely NO other option, the very first thing you should do is call the police. Make every effort to avoid a violent confrontation, and attempt to get out of there (with or without your girl.) If you're seriously left with no other choice, then you can claim self defense... but you can ONLY claim that if you've exhausted all other options for escape, or a non-violent solution. Since you're on his property, you'll have to have a damn good reason for hurting him!

Does he have any history of physical violence? If you mentioned that in the original post, I didn't catch it. If he hasn't hit anyone in the past, he probably won't start now. He's just nuts.

Comment

what kind of fighting is normal....?

Comment

Originally posted by agol View Post
            what kind of fighting is normal....?
            the pillow kind?

Click picture to see my mrt
            Instagram: sikz6

Comment

Idb Gtfo
              H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

piitb... for all involved.

Comment

If it gets to the point of physical violence between them. I say call the cops. Side Note: verbal abuse can be just as damaging. All this being said. I would advise not to call within ear shot of the father. Also, let your GF know what you are doing. If she says not to call the cops and that this behavior is normal. It's time to call the cops as a concerned citizen, get out and cut your losses.
                  MR Thread
                  GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Get away. Far far away. With or without the girl. There is a strong chance that later on she may become like them. Trust me. I know that's maybe not what you want to hear. Run. Run. Run. Don't look back.

Tippey's posts are pretty funny honestly speaking. Made me laugh.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178069

Comment

This seems like something you see on TV where someone comes in and massacres the entire family because tensions got too high and they couldn't take it anymore. I wouldn't want to be a part of that.

member's ride thread
                      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                      91 Accord SE 176k
                      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by alan lx View Post
                        Get away. Far far away. With or without the girl. There is a strong chance that later on she may become like them. Trust me. I know that's maybe not what you want to hear. Run. Run. Run. Don't look back.

Tippey's posts are pretty funny honestly speaking. Made me laugh.
                        I 2nd this!!! Speaking from experience....
                        Originally posted by deevergote
                        Screwing an STD-infested hooker works too... but it's not a great idea.

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
                          Piitb.
                          This.

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                          either she needs to move out or i would get the fuck out of there and never come back.
                          you also are in his house so who knows, he might have a gun. fuck that noise.
                          This.

the pillow kind?

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                          This seems like something you see on TV where someone comes in and massacres the entire family because tensions got too high and they couldn't take it anymore. I wouldn't want to be a part of that.
                          This seems like something you see on the Jerry Springer Show...

Geoff, a lot of GOOD advice is here. A) there's more than just microwave use and him being drunk. There are underlying issues and he/they only use his drinking as an excuse to let the truth come out.
                          B) His house, his rules. You "standing up to him" even if there were a physical altercation would be a bad idea. The best thing you could do for her, or anyone, at that point is to either leave and/or call the police.

C) GTFO.

SRSLY.

It sucks. It's not easy. And "leaving her hanging" sounds like a shitty idea but if you continue to be around this it will only drag you down and cause immense stress in your relationship. Immense stress. Getting her out will only move her away from the arguments. Get it? They'll still be there. She'll wanna see her family and the fights will still take place. That kind of situation and those kind of people are like Russian Roulette; it's gonna happen and nobody knows when.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                          Originally posted by Jarrett
                          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
                            Okay then... What I thought... Tell her to STFU and stop using her DADS microwave in HIS house if it bothers him........ If he yells and screams then STFU and say sorry or she should move out.. ... If he is not hitting her she is a adult and can leave when she wants...

Plus I know for a fact that there is more wrong then using a microwave.

EDIT*... I re read and see the mother and father got in a little fight... Again move out.

Honestly for your own safety and to keep you out of trouble, don't go poking the bear. If you pick a fight and he ends up hurt, he could possibly press charges and/or file a restraining order. If another situation arises and you defend yourself that is one thing. Whether you were doing the right thing or not.

If i was you, i would call the cops next time something like this happens and you can say you are a neighbor that heard a domestic dispute.

There is nothing "normal" about that scenario. Whenever people say stuff like that is "normal" they are in denial/embarassed/ashamed. However, it is a pretty common response. Anyways, sounds like her dad needs some serious anger management classes.
                            Originally posted by HondaCB7sb View Post
                            i think a "I JUST SHIT MY PANTS" given at the perfect moment of confritation would be so epic lool no1 would know what to do/say but youd prolly get kicked out of that house forever lol
                            Originally posted by rexload View Post
                            while my advice may seem a bit extreme, this is what I think

-find a new girlfriend
                            -bring the gf to your house, tell her you are never going to her house again
                            -fighting is rarely a good idea unless you cage fight on a regular basis and rip everyone a new one. he doesn't have to have a gun to f*** you up. a wooden stick is a deadly weapon when used correctly (in one hit).
                            Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                            This.

Honestly, you're in his house. You shouldn't get involved unless someone's safety is seriously at risk. Until there is absolutely NO other option, the very first thing you should do is call the police. Make every effort to avoid a violent confrontation, and attempt to get out of there (with or without your girl.) If you're seriously left with no other choice, then you can claim self defense... but you can ONLY claim that if you've exhausted all other options for escape, or a non-violent solution. Since you're on his property, you'll have to have a damn good reason for hurting him!

Does he have any history of physical violence? If you mentioned that in the original post, I didn't catch it. If he hasn't hit anyone in the past, he probably won't start now. He's just nuts.
                            So it looks like the best advice in here is to just deal with the dad until she can move out. And if it becomes physical like it did last night just to ignore it.

I don't know of any history of violence (good movie btw).
                            I've heard them argue before and on new years eve they were threatening to each other.

Calling the cops seems a bit extreme but I guess I'll make the call depending on the moment.

I asked her this morning about the shit my pants idea. She thought it was funny but didn't know if it would work.

What I keep hearing is it's because of his drinking. I suppose that could be a reason, especially if you're frustrated all the time. When I drink I've never gotten violent. Maybe it comes with life experience
                            MRT
                            37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                            30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                            27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                            Originally posted by Tippey764
                            I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                            sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Piitb = Put it in the butt? That's what I thought, but I just wanted to make sure.

This is my first significant relationship and I don't really want to leave her. I know that's what most people in here are saying but I really like her. This was the first time I've seen him get anywhere near this bad. I'll ask him about it the next time I see him. I'll wait and see what his viewpoint is first, then adjust what I talk about based on that. I'm thinking just starting off with a "So last night..... kinda got out of hand fast, didn't it?"

If he ends up sticking with the microwave as the actual cause, I guess I'll just play along.
                              MRT
                              37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                              30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                              27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                              Originally posted by Tippey764
                              I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                              sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Working...
                              X