Cardboard Boxes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cardboard Boxes?

I need to find a box big enough to ship a catback in. So about 64" by 2ft by 1ft. Anyone have ideas where to find one? UPS and Fedex probably dont have them big enough. I'm also looking to find one for Free or nearly free...there's gotta be someone throwing boxes this big out. Ideas?

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
    I need to find a box big enough to ship a catback in. So about 64" by 2ft by 1ft. Anyone have ideas where to find one? UPS and Fedex probably dont have them big enough. I'm also looking to find one for Free or nearly free...there's gotta be someone throwing boxes this big out. Ideas?
    Craigslist, under free.
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

dumpsters. Thats where I get my boxes.. I normally cut them and make something to lay on when working under my car.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188155
      Bought from: ChampCoupe
      Sold to:Losiracer2

Comment

Check to see if there is a "Freecycle" group in your area (run through Yahoo groups). It is a group email list for people trying to give stuff away free (to keep it out of landfills) and looking for stuff that people may be willing to give free. I am on a couple in the Cincinnati area - they work great for getting rid of all sorts of stuff.
        90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
        08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

I've made a bunch of boxes out of large cardboard sheets from random dumpsters in the area. I've found some pretty large sheets before like at least 7' X 7' and larger.

Comment

Go behind Some kind of Electronic store like Best buy and see if they have TV box's

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
              I've made a bunch of boxes out of large cardboard sheets from random dumpsters in the area. I've found some pretty large sheets before like at least 7' X 7' and larger.
              boom...thats how i shipped a catback to a member on here.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I just went to Lowes, Home Depot, Walmart, Called like 8 furniture stores, and drove in the back alley behind a chain of stores with no luck.

All they had were little tiny boxes like 15" max

This exhaust weighs about 40 lbs Muffler and B pipe and is 64" long at its longest point. So it needs to be kinda durable and I gotta leave at least 2 inches on the length for packing.

Ugh I guess I'll try calling some import shops around the area tomorrow. Maybe someone on CL is selling a brand new exhaust that they'd be willing to part with the box.

member's ride thread
                93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                91 Accord SE 176k
                97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Get a shit load of little boxes, cut even sides out, tape them evenly using duct tape to make a larger box out of the pieces, and viola.
                  The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Go to a recycling center. that's where I get mine.
                    COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                      I just went to Lowes, Home Depot, Walmart, Called like 8 furniture stores, and drove in the back alley behind a chain of stores with no luck.

All they had were little tiny boxes like 15" max

This exhaust weighs about 40 lbs Muffler and B pipe and is 64" long at its longest point. So it needs to be kinda durable and I gotta leave at least 2 inches on the length for packing.

Ugh I guess I'll try calling some import shops around the area tomorrow. Maybe someone on CL is selling a brand new exhaust that they'd be willing to part with the box.
                      Page of free boxes in the Phoenix area..... http://phoenix.craigslist.org/search...inAsk=&maxAsk=
                      Originally posted by Mishakol129
                      Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

I dumpster dive for carboard all the time, or recently, since working at a dealership, I just use old parts boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by S.W.A.T View Post
                          Go behind Some kind of Electronic store like Best buy and see if they have TV box's
                          I tried this one time. Went around to all the big box stores, and they all had their boxes already compacted and wrapped up on skids ready to be taken away, so you couldn't even get into them unless you cut the straps off and left a big mess.

Comment

Go to Honda part dept. And ask them if they got some big boxes there throwing away they will probably give you some I hated crushing those huge ass boxes they ship bumpers in, I would of been glad if people came by and asked if we where throwing any away
                            MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=175158

Comment

Yeah we get in big ass boxes with windshields, bumpers, hoods etc. It's my job to bust up all the boxes and throw them out, so if there's any I need, I just take them home.

Comment

Working...
                              X