Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do we find the cars with the gremlins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do we find the cars with the gremlins?

My husband just sold his 1971 VW and we have replaced it with a 1992 Civic.
    It was only $850 and the title checks out.
    The main issue is that it has a major valve cover gasket leak which will be taken care of ASAP. The engine is quiet, the gears move smoothly, and I love the clutch.
    That being said: it won't start! I pulled over on the way home because it started smoking of course and then it wouldn't crank. We put a new battery in it and nothing. We think the fuel pump has mysteriously gone out. Did I mention the ignition is wonky? We only have the key to the ignition and not one that locks any of the doors. This car should be a lot of fun to work on.

I love when we find good deals, but I hate that there's always something going on with them. I'm glad my CB7 has been faithful to me even with all its quirks. I'm looking forward to working on this civic because it has a lot of potential.

This is the first Honda my husband has ever purchased; let's hope it does him well!

Newest addition to the family...

That's the perks of buying a car amongst other things.

Comment

Originally posted by s.green View Post
      This is the first Honda my husband has ever purchased; let's hope it does him well!
      Lol, his first Honda and it ends up being a piece. Not a very good first impression.

Comment

$850 car about sums it up. It's kinda of a gamble. They way I see it, if you drive it for 3 months you got your money out of it. Because its got junk value you can get back. But a 92 civic for under a grand that isn't beat to hell and that runs is a pretty good deal, even if it's got some issues

Comment

Unless buying new (being the first owner), Gremlins are sure to surface at some point. You'll never know the true history/abuse.
          The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

If the ignition is wonky, that would be where i'd start looking first but if the car also has some kind of alarm system also i'd look at that also.

Comment

Comment

Come on Brony you need to go watch the movie again, you should know thats not a gremlin... Thats a mogwai.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                  Damn, I haven't seen my little homie Giz in a while.
                  The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by HardInThePaint View Post
                    Come on Brony you need to go watch the movie again, you should know thats not a gremlin... Thats a mogwai.
                    Fuck, whatever we all know what I meant lol. Cut me a break, the movie is 9 years older than me.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                      Fuck, whatever we all know what I meant lol. Cut me a break, the movie is 9 years older than me.
                      I knew what you meant.....lol love me some gizmo!
                      Originally posted by Leung View Post
                      If the ignition is wonky, that would be where i'd start looking first but if the car also has some kind of alarm system also i'd look at that also.
                      Yea, he took that apart to find out it's broken where it should attach at the column. Can't get the ignition itself to unlock now.
                      Originally posted by Soufkackicustom View Post
                      $850 car about sums it up. It's kinda of a gamble. They way I see it, if you drive it for 3 months you got your money out of it. Because its got junk value you can get back. But a 92 civic for under a grand that isn't beat to hell and that runs is a pretty good deal, even if it's got some issues
                      My Cb7 was $450 and even with her problems she's been good to me for a year now. Hopefully, this civic will be worth it.

Comment

you haven't been introduced to gremelins till you've owned a 90's german car.
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                          you haven't been introduced to gremelins till you've owned a 90's german car.
                          We have owned a 71,73, and another year VW beetle and a VW bus. We know about those german gremlins.....lol

Comment

Originally posted by s.green View Post
                            We have owned a 71,73, and another year VW beetle and a VW bus. We know about those german gremlins.....lol
                            Not gremlins. Just Hitler's ghost.

Comment

if everything checks out check your main relay there known to go out

Comment

Working...
                              X