No announcement yet.

Junkyard Toolbag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No way I am wasting my time pulling my own parts anymore.. I call up they deliver free .. Same price. .

Today I went for two doors.. I went myself since I didn't want some pos doors.. Picked the doors off the car. They pulled them.. And delivered them to me.

Comment

Tools for what I need in a tool box that's big enough for extras
      MRT
      37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
      30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
      27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
      Originally posted by Tippey764
      I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
      Originally posted by deevergote
      sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
        Damn, how could I forget safety glasses! I have some with built in LEDs because holding a flashlight while working sucks.

More good additions!

Losiracer, doesn't your local pick-n-pull let you use a wheel barrow for free?
        yeah I guess I worded it wrong. They supply them, I just take it out into the yard so I don't have to carry heavy things

member's ride thread
        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
        91 Accord SE 176k
        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Soufkackicustom View Post
          He has another car with fogs, he told me I can get the whole bumper for $30
          damn, wish i could find a deal like that!! I would love to have fogs. were they 90-91 fogs or 92-93 fogs?
          1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
          1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
          1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
          1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

Comment

Wallet. To pay for those parts I just removed with all the tools I brought.

Comment

when i go to the junkyard to remove parts, i have one of those "self contained" tool boxes and then i bring in additional screwdrivers and pliers and stuff if i know i will need them. I need to get me an actual "junkyard bag" to put just the tools i will need into it to go inside for parts. before i got my CB7 i never made junkyard runs.

Comment

Originally posted by Honda_Lady View Post
                damn, wish i could find a deal like that!! I would love to have fogs. were they 90-91 fogs or 92-93 fogs?
                92-93....the only reason I have got them, it the bumper is on the ground still on the car, and the 6 other cb's beside it and nose in the air, and paint wise in better shape. No one around here has fogs, so I highly doubt they will jack the car up to get it off..so iam saving it for a rainy day..lol

Comment

Deep creep is awesome. I cannot tell you exactly why its better, but it is.

When used on rusty bolts, the rust literally falls off with the impact from the fluid. No joke. Spray with deep creep, hit it with a wire brush, good as new.

I used deep creep to take my entire exhaust off, from cylinder head to muffler and I disconnected every section and it all came apart without a single bolt breaking or nut rounding off. This was on a 16 year old CD5, with OEM exhaust.

In NE everything gets rust over time. Especially under the car. The deep creep worked so much better than PB blasting fluid, that I will never use PB again.

Until I used deep creep, PB was my go to fluid. Deep creep is made by sea foam, and costs about twice what PB does.

But holy shit does it work well.
                  Originally posted by wed3k
                  im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Well I'm sold on deep creep, will get some later today. I have some rusty parts I'm looking to restore and it sounds like a good test. Thanks for the response.

Hahaha, you might be a CB7Tuner if ...
                    Originally posted by Honda_Lady View Post
                    before i got my CB7 i never made junkyard runs.

Comment

Hahaha, you might be a CB7Tuner if ...
                      LOL wildBill83 i don't get to the junkyard much but i got some things i plan to go looking for soon for modification ideas i have.

Comment

toycar, that is awesome your lot lets you bring those in. Power tools and jump starters are a definate no-no in my local yard.

Crowfoot wreches come in super handy, but I always leave them at home hahaha. Forgetful me, hopefully this list will help me remember everything.

Does deep creep really work better than PB Blaster?

More good additions! Thanks guys.
                        Power tools are allowed in the yard in conshohocken. Another differnt thing about this yard is there are no wheelbarrows they instead have shopping cars. Also this yard has a little fork lift so you do no need jacks. The other two i go to let you bring in jacks.

Originally posted by toycar View Post
                        Deep creep is awesome. I cannot tell you exactly why its better, but it is.

When used on rusty bolts, the rust literally falls off with the impact from the fluid. No joke. Spray with deep creep, hit it with a wire brush, good as new.

I used deep creep to take my entire exhaust off, from cylinder head to muffler and I disconnected every section and it all came apart without a single bolt breaking or nut rounding off. This was on a 16 year old CD5, with OEM exhaust.

In NE everything gets rust over time. Especially under the car. The deep creep worked so much better than PB blasting fluid, that I will never use PB again.

Until I used deep creep, PB was my go to fluid. Deep creep is made by sea foam, and costs about twice what PB does.

But holy shit does it work well.
                        Considering deep creep also, never heard of it before.

Comment

I have never heard of Deep Creep either. will definitely have to give it a shot if it works that good!!

Comment

Working...
                          X