Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And I just got fired.

Well I was working at AutoZone.

For any one that does not know, they force employees to sell grease packets and fuel cleaner. For any one that does not know its all Vaseline and snake oil. Litterally it cost them 1 penny to buy the grease packets and sell them at close to $2. Its all about profit for that company.

Now its a fortune 500 company and they pay every one there minimum wage. Not me I started at about what managers get paid but even managers get paid very shitty.

Well it all started when they hired 2 new people and cut my hours back. People started stealing stuff and they made me suspect. I was fine with the hours getting cut back since I have another job.

I decided since I only work 5-10hrs a week any way *I was getting 35 till they hired the other guys* that Ill change my availability. But they had me work on a day off so I asked my district manager to change that. And thats when he noticed my hours where cut back and ordered a meeting.

Then I made the mistake of telling my manager. (She is a whore, she admitted to being gangbanged dating older men when she was 18, she has a son by a black guy and recently got married to a white guy shes looks like a real mexican girl but cant speak spanish for shit... lol what a whore)
    so any way I told her that it was good that my hours were getting cut back since it was allowing me not to be late and thus lowering my attendance points. To be able to transfer soon.
    Well she just about shitted out another baby.
    I think it has something to do with her getting married, most of the guys in the store not giving a flying fuck her showing off her wedding ring no one giving a fuck and her getting diarrhea on her honey moon.
    She told my district manager that I was having an attitude problem and thats why my hours are getting cut. (she lied they cut my hours cause they thought I was stealing shit)
    So I was forced to open the store 2 days out the week (7:15am)

So I've never had a complain from customers only people in the store. They basically get mad that I dont let small shit get to me. They could tell me to clean the entire store I wont give a shit. I could help out 20 customers to their 1 I dont give a shit I dont mention it I keep work professional. When they talk about social life I usually sit back and boogie cause I dont need to involve my self with them and they feel like "oh lets leave him out we are the cool people"...

HA bitch I worked two jobs and went to school my schedule revolves around me not some store that dont offer no benefits ! lol

So any way Friday I was working 7-1pm. thats 6 hours. After 6 hours you have to go on lunch break no matter what. So as I was leaving a lady asked for a battery, and to install it for her. Now normally I would and I always do. But I asked my manager since it was the end of the shift and my other manager had been in the store for 1 hour if I could go. She agreed but I could tell she was vexed.

Well any way I come into work this morning the district manager is there he checks my attire. I always come prepared to my job. He sees that I get to work. He waits then calls me over to the back office.
    He explains that he heard about what happened and that I've been coached to many times this week.
    Bam.

You are being terminated based on this for lack of customer service. WTF...

I said ok will thats not what happend, thats what it looks like on paper. I would like to resign.

He said, good no clock out and get out of here.

I said ok. I clocked out then it needed a managers override. I explained that to him.

He says. Good enough get out of here. . .

Me ok man.

He says and dont ever let me catch you in one of my autozone stores again.

I said why you cant kick me out of autozone I shop here.

He said I just did get out you cause trouble.

I said well have a nice day sir.

He snarled.

real fucking professional dont you think?

Well, at least now you can get an Autozone rewards card now.
    You can also start screwing with them in other ways.
    For example, if you have any friends there you can now start returning your parts for brand new ones, or just returning them.

Does your store have cameras?
    MRT
    37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
    30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
    27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
    Originally posted by Tippey764
    I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
    Originally posted by deevergote
    sneaky motherfucker

Comment

it had cameras; Nah man Im not really that vengeful if they truly think it was proper for me to be terminated then ok. I will be talking to unemployment I dont feel it was a just reason.

btw the entire time i was there i never stole from there looking back at how bad they treated me i should have.

Comment

damn dude, seems to me like they were just looking for an "excuse" to fire you. kinda like my last boss. he tried to make me quit but i wouldn't and so he finally broke down and fired me so i got unempoyment.
        1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
        1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
        1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
        1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

Comment

Unemployment will do nothing for you, you have income from another job and are a student.

Plus unemployment only qualifies for full time 35+ hr week jobs you have been at for 6+ months and were not terminated for violation of policy. These are against you as far as claiming unemployment.

Sorry to hear it went down like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Honda_Lady View Post
            damn dude, seems to me like they were just looking for an "excuse" to fire you. kinda like my last boss. he tried to make me quit but i wouldn't and so he finally broke down and fired me so i got unempoyment.
            yeah thats kinda how i feel too.

Like the manager thought that by cutting my hours I would quit. Or that I would make myself more available to her. I was never an opener i changed my school schedule just for her. I told her I had found another job but she was ok with that too. 4 weeks into that she decided to hire two other guys. Since both of them flirted with her she gave them my hours. :/ but I was cool with it. When she got married and noticed none of the guys really gave a fuck she decided to cut back everyones hours. I was already getting 0-10 hours anyway so it was the same for me. Then I told her Im just waiting for the points to drop for a transfer and she just about shitted a baby.

And the district manager favors her a lot, so when she complained her voice was heard. And since she did it so many times in a month i guess he decided to fire me. Whats strange is, she did not write me up for that or tell me that what i did was wrong.

Im at the end of my scheduled shift, another manager has been there for 1 hour idling the entire time, its about to pass 6 hours with out a break. I thought I was in my right i didnt just say hey fuck you lady im gone find a way to install the battery, ididnt just clock out with out telling some one, I was not about to risk a write up for staying later than I should. .. guess unemployment is gonna be real happy.

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
              Unemployment will do nothing for you, you have income from another job and are a student.

Plus unemployment only qualifies for full time 35+ hr week jobs you have been at for 6+ months and were not terminated for violation of policy. These are against you as far as claiming unemployment.

Sorry to hear it went down like that.
              Thats how I understand it too but well see when I talk to them. I have worked there a year.

Comment

Shitty. I hate managers and bosses who favor others based off their non-work related ass kissing. Too many companies are all about the ass kissing and not the actual work related performance of the employee. Its a shame.

If your a good guy, good worker, then just keep it up. The right company will see this one day and you'll both be happy. It seems this company can't see shit and thus will always have shit.

Comment

Sometimes being fired is liberating.

Just remember that as one door of life closes another opens somewhere else with a brighter opportunity behind it.

Comment

thanks guys, Ill be applying to other places soon. Im def not a lazy bastard or have bad work ethic. I simply asked for assistance because of policy had I known I was going to get fired I would have just installed the fucking battery and taken a write up for breaking policy .

I only have one write up with the company and thats for not selling enough of those grease packet things. People have all types of write ups for bad behavior but I get fired for following policy. sucks.

Thanks again every one you guys are motivating to say the least.

Comment

I just got back from the mall and at the dollar store and as I stood in line a new employee on cash called for another cashier to come assist. "Cashier to front..." we all heard on the PA. The 2nd cashier came and opened another cash. 1min later the manager walked in and asked why she asked for another cash?
                      She told the manager that John (the other manager) had instructed her to do so when there were more than 3 people in the line-up. The manager replied "well John's not here, so don't" and walked away (taking the 2nd cashier off her cash).

I couldn't help but think of this thread. This on-duty manager girl seemed (to me) to be the bitch type you speak of. Doesn't resolve anything properly, a bitch to employees, but a sweetie to her superior. Her complaints on employees are swayed, bias, etc, yet they are taken seriously (to the point of people getting fired).

I told my g/f as we walked down the mall that its a shame people and more importantly companies like this exist. And the company thrives, ug. (*shakes head...). The girl could be written up for not listening to the manager (John) and on the other hand not listening to the other manager. Not her fault as the managers should be on the same page, but prob hate each other or something stupid.

As the girl on cash turned towards me I said, "I think it was busy enough, so thanks".

-------
                      And I have a plaque on my bookshelf that a friend bought me which says...

"When one door closes, another opens, but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
                      Alexander Graham Bell

Comment

I was laid off from a job two years ago.. just recently started working as a driver for a company called Smyth Parts Plus. I love it even though im a contract driver and have to use my own car. Im constantly on the road delivering parts listening to the radio but when im actually at the store the older guys are freaking cool as hell. The stuff we talking about is hardly ever about work, mostly sports or the walking dead. I wish i had this job like 9 years ago because that last place, i went home basically wanting to stab someone in the face after having the store manager bitch about everything all creaking day. Here i go home and im actually happy every night even though its like 8pm.

Getting a massive discount on car parts is also a perk bc now i might be able to finish my accord and use that for work instead of my newer civic.
                        Last edited by Leung; 10-31-2012, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 8ball View Post
                          She is a whore, she admitted to being gangbanged dating older men when she was 18, she has a son by a black guy and recently got married to a white guy shes looks like a real mexican girl but cant speak spanish for shit... lol what a whore
                          Although I feel bad for you losing your job, I don't see how your manager being a mexican whore that doesn't speak Spanish is relevant.
                          Last edited by Dirtyrice; 10-31-2012, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtyrice View Post
                            Although I feel bad for you loosing your job, I don't see how your manager being a mexican whore that doesn't speak Spanish is relevant.
                            I think that was just frustration talking... He said she looked mexican, he didn't call her one.

Real mexican whores speak spanish and charge for service in pesos... (I kid of course)

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                              Shitty. I hate managers and bosses who favor others based off their non-work related ass kissing. Too many companies are all about the ass kissing and not the actual work related performance of the employee. Its a shame.
                              THIS is exactly why i likely got fired 3 years ago. one of the other guys was a major ass kisser. he could get away with tons of stuff that no one else in the shop could get away with. he would squeal around the building almost daily and that was what one of the other guys got fired for one day. for doing it once when the other guy did it all the time. that is only one example of his "ass kissing." I was in college when i worked there and he asked me to quit school to work for him full time. when i refused he tried to force me to quit and i wouldn't. I was actually relieved to be fired because it had gotten to where i hated working there just because of the "ass kisser" and the jack ass boss.

like someone else said, think of it as one door closing and another one will open that is a better opportunity.
                              1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
                              1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
                              1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
                              1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

Comment

Working...
                              X