Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CB7TUNER and DIESEL HEART – Hello from the former Admin!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CB7TUNER and DIESEL HEART – Hello from the former Admin!

Hello CB7Tuners,

It’s been a while. Hope everyone is doing well.

Many of you may not know who I am, but I created CB7Tuner about 10 years ago and served as the Administrator until Deevergote took over in 2006. This forum was my pride and joy, I spent most of my days making sure it was top notch in every aspect. I wanted it to remain a kick ass source of information for 4G Accord owners well into the future. And with much credit due to Deevergote and his mad skillz, it has.

Those who DO know me may be wondering “Where the #*$& have you been!?” Well, lots of places. I’ve been living in Los Angeles for the past five years, working in the entertainment industry, mostly in reality TV. Dancing With The Stars and America’s Next Top Model as the two main shows. In 2010 I took a hiatus and worked as a long haul truck driver, traveling across the country, continuing to read, write and do all the nerdy things I do.

Basically I’ve been doing a little bit of everything I love. And recently I decided to embark on the biggest endeavor of my life – producing a full length feature film. It’s called DIESEL HEART and I think everyone here on the forum would really like it, considering it deals with thousand-horsepower big rigs, turbochargers as big as basketballs, and essentially everything a gearhead could love. Possibly even a “cameo” from a CB7 if I can swing it!

Short synopsis of the film: Set in the Australian Outback, Diesel Heart involves a terminally ill 23-year-old American, Ollie, who begins a spontaneous adventure driving a big rig, only to find himself targeted by a murderous trucker after rescuing a mysterious woman. It turns out the woman is the wife of the psychotic trucker and she’s on the run with a suitcase of his cash. Secrets continue to unfold as Ollie finds himself taking a detour in his journey.

As you can see, lots of thrills and adventure. There are also many unique elements which haven’t been shown in movies like big rig drag racing and Australian “road trains” (trucks hauling up to 6 trailers). Again, I think most of you here will dig it!

But I can't do it alone!

Throughout the year my co-producers and I have been busy assembling a crew, contacting agents, investors, and corporate sponsors. We've received lots of interest in the project.... companies are willing to donate trucks, established actors and actresses intend to sign with us.... but there has been little financial investment to date. As great as our progress has been, funding is what we need to move forward.

Recently, I launched a Kickstarter campaign to raise funds which will get us underway with producing in Australia. This money is crucial to everything that will follow in allowing the film to get made. And yet we still have a ways to go...

Link to the campaign: http://kck.st/PRrHZY

Without the support of CB7Tuner, it will be truly difficult to make this dream a reality; to bring Diesel Heart to the big screen. Whether you can pitch in $1 or larger amount or simply spread the word to friends....it all accumulates to help us succeed.

And as I told Deevergote before posting this thread, I will undoubtedly make sure the CB7Tuner community receives a special thanks in the end credits of the film

Any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Even simply to catch up. Would be great to hear from some of you...

Last edited by accordtunerx; 11-12-2012, 01:16 AM.

Nice to hear from you Steve, glad you're doing so well

Comment

STEVE!!!! lets kick it!

Comment

Glad to know you're still alive. Sounds like you've been pretty busy!

Comment

whats up man! That project looks awesome! Hopefully it gets off the ground!

Comment

Do it up, guys! This is the man that brought you CB7tuner!
            Without Steve, this site wouldn't exist!
            He gave up his position as the admin/owner of this site to pursue his dream of making movies. Let's show our gratitude by doing what we can to make that dream a reality! Plus... we'll benefit from it as well. We'll have a new favorite movie to watch!

The movie really sounds awesome, Steve. I'll be chipping in a bit in the next few days (waiting to hear from my boss about when my next paycheck is coming! )
            It's a great idea, and certainly has all the necessary components of an entertaining film. I remember the short film you did in college, and even that was very well done (given the limited resources you had at your disposal.) I'm truly anxious to see the real deal!

Comment

Thanks, guys. Glad to see some old names still around CB's are looking stellar. First thing I usually check when I pop in on the site is the Member Rides forum. They're just getting cleaner and cleaner. Entices me to get back into the game so to speak.

Yes... I forgot I showed you that short film, Mike. "Syringe"! Learned a lot from that one.

Definitely trying to make Diesel Heart the best it can be. It's got a little bit of everything... drama, suspense, adventure, love story. And the trucks of course...

Currently putting together another teaser video involving some of the drag racing aspects.

Comment

I put it on my Facebook wall as well. Hopefully one or two people will take interest. Well, hopefully more!

Comment

I'll donate, but only under one condition.

Tits.............. in the movie and they better be nice!

Comment

Originally posted by MDJ-7BC View Post
                    I'll donate, but only under one condition. Tits.............. in the movie and they better be nice!
                    Have you not seen this storyboard graphic?

"Bare" in mind, they won't be censored in the actual film

Comment

And a CB7 somewhere in a background shot, so we can add Diesel Heart to the "CB7s in the media" thread you created oh so many years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                        And a CB7 somewhere in a background shot, so we can add Diesel Heart to the "CB7s in the media" thread you created oh so many years ago.
                        Hah.. almost forgot about that. Funny enough, every time I see one on TV or in a film, I still think of that thread. Think I saw a CB7 on Breaking Bad recently....
                        Last edited by accordtunerx; 11-07-2012, 09:32 PM.

Comment

I didn't notice that! I'm all caught up on that show (I was even Walter White for halloween...)
                          I'll catch one in a show every now and then. I even saw one on some show, I think it was 24, that looked like it had CB7tuner decals!

Comment

Originally posted by accordtunerx View Post
                            Hah.. almost forgot about that. Funny enough, every time I see one on TV or in a film, I still think of that thread. Think I saw a CB7 on Breaking Bad recently....
                            Theres one in Beerfest too!
                            Originally posted by Mishakol129
                            Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

i know who you are. thats how long ive been on the site
                              <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Working...
                              X