Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's see some unlikely enthusiast cars!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's see some unlikely enthusiast cars!

Ok, let's see if I can get this idea across with words!

I'm looking to see some unlikely enthusiast cars. Cars that people generally aren't into modifying, restoring, etc...

Cars like the old Dodge Shadow, early VW Passat, Mazda 626... You know, cars that are rarely seen these days, and if they are, they're usually beat to shit.

I think it'd be really cool to see some pictures of those old "beater" cars that have been restored or tastefully modified by true enthusiasts, much like many of us have restored and modified our own "beaters".

I know this should be in the Other Automotive section, but I don't really intend this to be a detailed conversation. Just a collection of cool pictures showing that some nearly forgotten cars aren't completely forgotten!

The cars don't have to be your own. You don't even have to know anything about them. Just as long as they're cars you very rarely see on the road in good condition, or with tasteful modifications!

Wish i had a shelby glhs omni pretty rare, anyway hope to see some cool projects!

02 Crv
    02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
    92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
    Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

You guys know I partial to Chrysler. But I would love to have a Spirit R/T. T3 K-car engine. Oh yea, 16v DOHC turbo back then was incredible. These things are super rare and sleepers. Though I'm not digging SRT snowflakes on it.

'93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
        You guys know I partial to Chrysler. But I would love to have a Spirit R/T. T3 K-car engine. Oh yea, 16v DOHC turbo back then was incredible. These things are super rare and sleepers. Though I'm not digging SRT snowflakes on it.

I love that car! I saw a white one one night, and my friends thought I was nuts for drooling over it. It's amazing how the original SRT4 wasn't really much more than the Spirit R/T (at least on paper... the Neon SRT4 was still the faster car.)
        My first car was an 87 Dodge Shadow ES, so the K-car platforms have a place in my heart. That's why Dodge Shadow was the first one I mentioned in my examples I got the idea for this thread while searching for a picture of a car that looked like mine (sadly, nothing was identical )

Comment

And then a local guy (for me) who got me into MegaSquirt has an MS3 powered SRT-4 swap on E85 in his GLHS. Here was his first trip out 4 years ago.

'93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

I actually find it disappointing that he'd do that to a GLHS. I'd rather see a base Omni swapped like that. The GLHS is a rare bird!

Comment

I personally never seen any of these modded at all ive seen them around but never one modded

Mitsubishi mirage...

92 Accord Cb7 ^^
              My Ride Thread~~Click Below.
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176232

Comment

oh buddy.

I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by AcCoRd91cBsEveN View Post
                  I personally never seen any of these modded at all ive seen them around but never one modded

Mitsubishi mirage...
                  My buddy had a mitsu mirage that he swapped a turbo evo motor into... he was saving up for an all wheel drive conversion before he traded it. If I can dig up the photos of it, then I'll post them here.

Comment

Originally posted by oni_cb7 View Post
                    My buddy had a mitsu mirage that he swapped a turbo evo motor into... he was saving up for an all wheel drive conversion before he traded it. If I can dig up the photos of it, then I'll post them here.
                    That would be cool!!

92 Accord Cb7 ^^
                    My Ride Thread~~Click Below.
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176232

Comment

Originally posted by AcCoRd91cBsEveN View Post
                      That would be cool!!
                      Turbo EVO motor Mirage coupe (I wish they had always made an EVO coupe, this is as close as you can get, it just needs AWD).

This is the only one I could find right now, but I have more on my other computer.

and then... two cars I don't see much of (like I said, I have more on my other computer. I just have to find them.

Last edited by oni_cb7; 03-29-2013, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Beretta's for days...

COUPE K24

Comment

Nice Berettas!

I can't find any really good ones, but this one looks decent (could use a little bit of a drop... but it still looks ok.)

Lumina Z34. FWD, but 210hp from that 3.4L V6, and a manual transmission Pretty mean looking cars, and quite nice when they're in good shape. I saw one on the highway a few months ago that made me want one. Nearly stock. REALLY clean.

Comment

idk what it is but I LOVE volvo wagons.
                            My Car
                            FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

I own a euro 3.1 lumina with a semi rare 5spd auto (4spd with OD) honestly a quick tank for what it was no problems lighten the tires up.

I'd have to say a 6th gen celica is another you hardly see in mint shape or heavily modified in the states, few and far between.

02 Crv
                              02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                              92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                              Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Working...
                              X