Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(NSFW) Petition to stop printing $1 bills.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(NSFW) Petition to stop printing $1 bills.

I started a petition. It's going terribly because you'd have to sign up for the white house website. Pretty lame.

Anyway, the petition is calling for the government to stop printing $1 bills and replace them with coins. $150,000,000 could be saved per year.

I'd appreciate it if you guys could help out. If not, that's cool too. This was bugging me so I feel like I'm at least doing something about it.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...coins/rCpZ8rt8

PS: NSFW to get your attention. Nothing about this is NSFW
    My Car
    FREE Web hosting solutions

I braved the NSFW tag to see what this was.
    I feel like are being trolled right now. This doesn't seem like a good idea at all to me.
    MRT
    37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
    30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
    27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
    Originally posted by Tippey764
    I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
    Originally posted by deevergote
    sneaky motherfucker

Comment

I clicked the link, and read the blurb.

I just don't understand how it is cost effective to produce coin, then paper money.

It may be my lack of knowledge when it comes to money making, but i'd assume coin is much more expensive to make then paper money.

Isn't that part of the reason we use it now?

Comment

Geeze Ralphie, everything I want to post on you seem to know everything about..

Just kidding man.

It saves money because paper money doesn't last at all. So it gets destroyed frequently and replaced with new paper money. The process is what is so expensive.

Coins last for 50+ years in circulation no problemo.

Converting to coin WILL save a small fortune. More importantly, it'll make it worth it to dig through the couch for pocket change once in a while, lol

Pandemic, you got my support!

See, I was signer #3
        Last edited by toycar; 04-23-2013, 09:30 AM.
        Originally posted by wed3k
        im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
          Geeze Ralphie, everything I want to post on you seem to know everything about..

Just kidding man.

It saves money because paper money doesn't last at all. So it gets destroyed frequently and replaced with new paper money. The process is what is so expensive.

Coins last for 50+ years in circulation no problemo.

Converting to coin WILL save a small fortune. More importantly, it'll make it worth it to dig through the couch for pocket change once in a while, lol

Pandemic, you got my support!

See, I was signer #3
          Everything but a quarter is easily disregarded and thrown away. See how long a penny lasts in the road or in your weather mats in your car.

I'm not saying I'd do it, but I can see it happening.

What the heck. I'll sign it and see where it ends up.
          MRT
          37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
          30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
          27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
          Originally posted by Tippey764
          I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
          Originally posted by deevergote
          sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffM View Post
            Everything but a quarter is easily disregarded and thrown away. See how long a penny lasts in the road or in your weather mats in your car.

I'm not saying I'd do it, but I can see it happening.

What the heck. I'll sign it and see where it ends up.
            True. Some people don't really care about change. I collect coins and change so to me its like a way of life.

I never spend coin and I always try save 1's too. Just another way of saving money. I like the idea of going to coin for 1's.

It took me about 5 years once to fill up a water jug with silver coin, but when I cashed it in it was a fuckload of money. Enough for me and the fam to take a vacation on. Just from saving pocket change.
            im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Besides coins are a lot more fun, up here in Canada at the strip joints we flick loonies and twoonies to win posters and strpper cards.

Comment

Originally posted by antonio7566 View Post
                Besides coins are a lot more fun, up here in Canada at the strip joints we flick loonies and twoonies to win posters and strpper cards.
                a buddy and i tipped a stripper with a quarter once. stuck it right in her g string. we got thrown out
                visit vgruk

Comment

Yea the wear/tear I understand, as coins obv last 5x as long as paper.

The actual creation process is where Im at.

I don't see how paper money creation is so much more then coin, but admittedely I know nothing about the process, so I could very well be wrong.

Comment

Technically, the money we print really isn't paper, its cloth, in fact its everyones old denim.

I personally like the $1 gold coins, I feel richer holding onto it then I do a $1 bill.
                    PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

The process to make the paper is pretty expensive. They basically pay 7% to print money. While the coin probably does cost more to make initially, the material its made of is way cheaper and the durability of the coin is very obvious compared to a dollar bill.

So over time the effects really would snowball into HUGE savings. And there is some truth to the notion that there are billions of gold dollars already produced just sitting in a vault somewhere. Nobody uses them, so the whole gold dollar program basically flopped. These dollars are already produced, why not use them instead of spending more money to produce even more currency?

Comment

I would rather have paper. Paper is lighter, easier to carry, harder to lose.

I can easily see ending up with $10 in ones in a day if you started out with only 20's. 10 one dollar coins and whatever other change you have would be a headache.

The point when is the dollar is worthless, and it takes $100 to buy lunch, then I could see it. At that point, pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters probably wouldn't be in circulation anymore.
                        Manual Belt Conversion-Variable Intermittent Wipers-Steering Volume Controls-Rear Defroster Antenna-JDM Climate Control-MDX Steering Wheel-Lighted Mirror Switch-CL Trunk Solenoid-CL Homelink-Shaved Hood Squirters-Foglight Wiring Diagram-Door Panel Removal-Puddle Lights-Ambient Lighting-Door Speaker Install-Window Seal and Regulator Cleaning-Prelude Cluster-Mirror Tweeter Pods-Illuminated Window Switch -More Coming Soon

Comment

Cool sounds like the ushering in of the "Ameuro" maybe creds will be next to replace all currencies

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffM View Post
                            Everything but a quarter is easily disregarded and thrown away.
                            This...
                            Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
                            I personally like the $1 gold coins, I feel richer holding onto it then I do a $1 bill.
                            ..and this.

Small denomination coinage, pennies especially, are so often disregarded that I feel like we should do away with them instead. There are "Pennies for everyone" trays at gas stations but IDK how often I see nickels and even dimes in there. Or how often I see pennies, nickels, and dimes left in change returns.

And when I have a gold dollar coin, I feel like a pirate. I used to want a paycheck in pennies but I think i want one in dollar coins now.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                            Originally posted by Jarrett
                            Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

the initial cost will probably be more at first but coins have a much longer lifespan, i think they said dollar bills average lifespans ~20 months. And definitely dont count on it being precious metal lmao, itll be like that flop the sacagawea coin, zinc alloy plated in some other copper alloy, hopefully theyll at least use nickle instead. The whole problem could be solved with Hemp. you could make the paper and the ink with it and lube the presses and fire the boilers with it. lol

Comment

Working...
                              X