Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Men's Rights Movement and false rape accusations.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Men's Rights Movement and false rape accusations.

I know this has the potential to become a hairy discussion, so I'm going to keep an eye on it. Please keep it civil. I won't ban anyone unless things get REALLY out of hand, so feel free to voice your opinion... just try not to attack anyone who thinks differently. Argue your point civilly, or leave the discussion.

Anyway, I recently (rather unwisely) participated on a Facebook discussion with a few outspoken feminists on this matter... and it wasn't pretty. Seeing as the discussion pretty much ended with me being told to "fuck off", I figured I'd seek intelligent debate elsewhere!

Now, first of all, I want to make it clear that I think the majority of what the Men's Rights Movement stands for is utter bullshit. Sounds like a bunch of dudes that got burned by women and decided to become activists. For the most part, they're a bunch of whiny asshats.
    However, there's one thing that they say that I do agree with... partially, at least.

Here's a picture that was widely circulated. Billboards, posters, magazines, etc...

While the MRM seems to believe that women make false rape claims on a regular basis (which, according to studies, is highly unlikely), it IS still an issue. That was the point I was arguing in my previous discussion.
    My point is that I feel men should be very aware of the possibility of a false rape claim, and be wary of putting themselves in a situation for one to be made.

If I were to have consensual sex with a woman tonight, and tomorrow she decides that she regrets that decision, she could claim that I raped her. Witnesses could say that we were together. A medical examination could prove that she had intercourse, potentially even proving that she had intercourse with me. My only defense would be my word. Nothing else. That is an incredibly terrifying concept. It may not be likely, and even if the claim were to be taken seriously and pursued, there's a good chance that I wouldn't get convicted (studies have been done, showing a wide range of results... but many that I have read show that a significant amount of rape cases do not result in conviction.) Still, even a claim that didn't lead to conviction could do serious harm to my reputation.
    (also, for the record, I'm using myself in the example... I am not in this situation! )

Anyway, I'm just curious to hear some opinions on the matter. I know this is a male-dominated forum, so the discussion is likely to go very differently than it did with my discussion with people that had strong feminist leanings. I would like to hear the opinions of the ladies, if they would care to share (I know LadyG is always a good one for intelligent debate, without taking it to the "fuck off" point! )

I narrowly dodged this bullet, but luckily I was slick enough to get her to discredit herself. So I buried my bone in my friends ex gf..things were ok, but I guess she caught flack from him or whatever and she changed the story to I raped her, I heard about this through my friend a couple days later. I was shocked and scared, I told my mom about it and she really didnt have much advise. I was a prominent character on a yahoo chat room and told them about my problem, even though they personally didnt know me they knew Id never do something like that so what I did was call her on speakerphone while having the chat room microphone going. She answered and was all hey, so Im like so..I heard that youre saying I raped you. She denied it because she was put on the spot and I had about 30 witnesses hear her say this, I basically told her she was a dumbass and I had the whole chat room listening to her and if she decided to continue the lie it would not end well for her, at that point I unlocked the mic and let the room of females and males berate her till she hung up and I never spoke to her again and avoided her if she was at a place where I would be (same circle of friends) My friend knew Id never do that and she was scandalous anyway. Im sure if I didnt nip it in the bud and some other people cheered her on Id probably be registering every month or whatever. So yeah.. watch that ass!

Comment

So my most recent way to kill time is watching Judge Judy/Piero/etc and other shows like that. One case came up regarding the topic of claiming rape. The woman (the plaintiff) was suing for a phone bill and some other shit and somehow she came up with that the defendant (her ex boyfriend) raped her in which he I think was counter suing for defamation (spell check?) of character. In the end the actual truth of the rape came out when she dug her own grave and started to make statements that he "persuaded her" and other statements like that after she lied about having intercourse only once turned out to be multiple times. In the beginning of the case, the judge made statements to both saying "rape is a serious offence" and "lying about rape is a serious issue".

To get the full story here you go, I did my best to tell the story.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cmvs4U6POR4

This is a real problem, not that I have had an issue of it personally, but the real issues lose credibility due to some of the bullshit issues that most these Men's Rights Movements involve. Kind of like the boy who cried wolf.
      Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

I've been there. I was 18. We were dating but were only together for a month or so. We had sex twice. The first was when I was in my house taking a bath and she came over and jumped in. The second time was when I was asleep one morning she came over and climbed on. When I woke she was already naked and on top. I find out 3 YEARS LATER she was charging me with rape. It was my word against hers and I was a punk ass trouble maker and she was a model girl from a model home. It cost me about 11k in lawyer and court fines to get it reduced to aggravated assault . 2 years of felony probation and then the charges were dropped. Did some of my own research afterwards and turns out she did the same thing to a few other guys. 2k of the 11k I spent went straight to her for "damages" and in the other case she had a similar outcome. Basically a ridiculously expensive hooker. Oh well, I'm doing great now. All charges dropped and I have an awesome job, but I could otherwise be spending a rider in Cottonwood.
        '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Thank God I have never been in this position. This type of situation could cause a young man to actually attempt suicide. Just imagine being charged with rape and all you have is your word that it was consensual.

That is why we have Jergens
          Last edited by bobbycos; 03-01-2014, 02:07 AM.
          http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

I was actually near suicide. I had to take some meds because I kept having panic attacks at work. I've never had anxiety issues before and haven't since. I had a 4.0 in college and I had just got accepted into the internship program at Chrysler. My life could not have been better. It's crazy though, I hadn't talked to her in 3 years and we went separate ways problem free. She didn't want to be with someone who partied so much and I didn't really care, but as far as knew we were still friends. So when I was being told by a prosecutor in court I was looking at 7 years in Cottonwood. I had a bunch of driving and street racing stuff on my record so I was always in and out of court between 17 and 20, never charged for anything more than a misdemeanor and never prosecuted for anything more than a traffic citation. By the time I got to court I was a pretty model citizen at that point. Great job lined up and doing perfect in school.

That was actually a turning point in my life. Up until then I was a deserving kid. I thought the world owed me everything and if I did the right stuff good things would come. Once I got through it I grew up a lot and now I take 100% charge of my life and nothing really gets me down anymore because it's either my fault or an accident, either way no reason to worry or get upset. I might not be who I am today if it wasn't for that, but it sure was shitty situation that almost cost my life, literally and figuratively.
            '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Originally posted by bobbycos View Post
              AThank God I have never been in this position. This type of situation could cause a young man to actually attempt suicide. Just imagine being charged with rape and all you have is your word that it was consensual.

That is why we have Jergens
              this is why we have prostitutes.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                this is why we have prostitutes.
                Even prostitutes have charged rape.

Jergens FTW

Comment

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
                  I've been there. I was 18. We were dating but were only together for a month or so. We had sex twice. The first was when I was in my house taking a bath and she came over and jumped in. The second time was when I was asleep one morning she came over and climbed on. When I woke she was already naked and on top. I find out 3 YEARS LATER she was charging me with rape. It was my word against hers and I was a punk ass trouble maker and she was a model girl from a model home. It cost me about 11k in lawyer and court fines to get it reduced to aggravated assault . 2 years of felony probation and then the charges were dropped. Did some of my own research afterwards and turns out she did the same thing to a few other guys. 2k of the 11k I spent went straight to her for "damages" and in the other case she had a similar outcome. Basically a ridiculously expensive hooker. Oh well, I'm doing great now. All charges dropped and I have an awesome job, but I could otherwise be spending a rider in Cottonwood.
                  wow. And this story shows the real scary side of things. When I was in high school a girl claimed she was raped by a good friend of mine at a public party. This guy was chubby, jolly, great guy!! Everyone liked him. She woke up in the woods drunk and her underwear were around her ankles. She cried rape with the guy she was hanging out with that night (him). The guys name was dragged through the mud, he was embarrassed, he was humiliated, he was judged. He didn't do it and the police were involved, etc. I really felt bad for the guy.

Before the courts got involved, she cracked under the pressure and admitted that she made it all up for attention. To this day yes, people still hate her, but worst is there are still people who believe he did it. The reality is he left her early in the night to go hang with other people to have fun (which gave him his alibi) and she was mad for that reason. She got drunk, stumbled into the woods and passed out. The underwear and rape was all a lie.

So this topic hits a sensitive spot with me. There are women who do get raped and this is a serious topic for them; rape is wrong. But then there are women who dress and act like sluts and play this game which is very very wrong to do. And its a crazy world when men are defenseless against bitches who play this game for fun or when its not legit!

Comment

in this discussion we have forgotten a woman who cried rape and was proven to be a liar

Tawana Brawley

who remembers that case

Comment

I have not read any of the replies (only your original post Deevergote)

I have a situation that I regret but I did not call it rape because I did consent to it and others told me that they thought it sounded like rape but I did not because I did not refuse it. It was something I had never planned on discussing here but since you are looking for an opinion, I will post about it. January 2013 I agreed to meet a guy that I had only ever talked to online and go to a secluded location and things went farther then I planned on them going but I did not tell him to stop, it was consensual up until the end of the week when he moved on to another woman but I still did not call it rape. Very limited people know about this. If any woman (in my opinion) consents to having sex and then changes her mind to regret it and try to turn it back on the man calling it rape, that is very wrong of her to do that. Especially if there is a history of her doing it to multiple men just to get money out of them.
                      1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
                      1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
                      1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
                      1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

Comment

Wow, I wasn't expecting so many personal accounts. I appreciate everyone sharing what must have been difficult memories.

Honda_Lady, that is very much the sort of situation that I was referring to. It's a crappy thing for a guy to do, for sure. Going into a situation where you're not comfortable is always scary, but if you don't communicate that you're not comfortable, it is still consent (that goes for men as well as women.)
                        I agree with you that it wasn't rape, and that your friends were basically suggesting you make a false claim. I do also agree that it was a pretty crappy situation.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          Honda_Lady, that is very much the sort of situation that I was referring to. It's a crappy thing for a guy to do, for sure. Going into a situation where you're not comfortable is always scary, but if you don't communicate that you're not comfortable, it is still consent (that goes for men as well as women.)
                          I agree with you that it wasn't rape, and that your friends were basically suggesting you make a false claim. I do also agree that it was a pretty crappy situation.
                          I certainly have learned my lesson and will never put myself in that kind of a position ever again. This situation lead to another situation that lasted longer and made me resent both men BUT I am not the type of woman to push it back on the man because it was my decision as well. That is the problem these days, no one wants to take responsibility for their own actions, they always want to blame something or someone else for what happened.
                          Last edited by Honda_Lady; 03-02-2014, 03:44 PM.

Comment

While not making any accusations, claims, or admitting to anything either way; seems to make a good argument for the traditional "wait until you're married".
                            90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                            08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
                              While not making any accusations, claims, or admitting to anything either way; seems to make a good argument for the traditional "wait until you're married".
                              I had planned on it but I am 31 years old and after all the stuff I have gone through with men in my life, I don't know if I ever want to even live with a man much less have another sexual encounter for as long as I live. (this is not an attack, just stating how I feel now)

Comment

Working...
                              X