Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's time to refresh this site. We need some new ideas, and some new moderators!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tell the technically inclined know it alls on this board to actually help instead being d!(ks to the newbies.

Comment

Originally posted by marinemp1978 View Post
      Tell the technically inclined know it alls on this board to actually help instead being d!(ks to the newbies.
      Sounds like you're still nursing a bit of a rump bump...

It's funny, because the "technically inclined know it alls" tend to ask me to tell all the newbies to stop being lazy.

Perhaps we can find a way to meet in the middle.

Comment

I want to help in anyway possible. I love my cb and this community. I have seen the decrease in activity from to day in signed up, until now. I wish we could advertise, that would definetly attract people here. Basically if we could get the people on the Facebook page to start using the forum they would become less of an idiot.

I'm from Texas and I've noticed there are about a handful of us in the regionals section. If we had more official CB7tuner merchandise (snap backs, visors, car decals, t shirts, travel sacks, tool bags etc) the more our site name is out there, there more people will want to check out the site. Basically once every member is out there repping the community at meets and whatnot we WILL attract other enthusiast. We need to get attention drawn back to the CB chassis. Once we get people noticing this platform again this site will be booming again.

That's just one idea of mine. Plus I want a bunch of cb7tuner merchandise.

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe View Post
          We have a giant presence here in the North East, we can definitely get something going like we used to.
          I'm not so sure about that....

Originally posted by lordoja
          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
            I think we can. We haven't tried at all since the last farmington meet.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneAccord View Post
              I want to help in anyway possible. I love my cb and this community. I have seen the decrease in activity from to day in signed up, until now. I wish we could advertise, that would definetly attract people here. Basically if we could get the people on the Facebook page to start using the forum they would become less of an idiot.

I'm from Texas and I've noticed there are about a handful of us in the regionals section. If we had more official CB7tuner merchandise (snap backs, visors, car decals, t shirts, travel sacks, tool bags etc) the more our site name is out there, there more people will want to check out the site. Basically once every member is out there repping the community at meets and whatnot we WILL attract other enthusiast. We need to get attention drawn back to the CB chassis. Once we get people noticing this platform again this site will be booming again.

That's just one idea of mine. Plus I want a bunch of cb7tuner merchandise.
              I've been meaning to revamp the CB7tuner Cafepress page. Their prices can be a bit obscene, and I price most things so low that I make little to no profit off of them... but you're right, it'd be good to have more stuff!
              That could be a good contest to run. The artistically-inclined members could perhaps create some new design ideas.

Better organization in the regional sections would also be helpful. When this site first started, the regional sections had active moderators, and meets were planned regularly. Now, meets are a bitch and a half to organize properly... but if we can get enough people doing it, we could definitely increase interest.

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
              The NJ presence is actually probably greater than it's ever been. There are a TON of NJ guys appearing, at least on Facebook.

Comment

To everyone suggesting ways to improve the DIY section, I urge you to be realistic. We set up a system back in April of last year that attempted to pay users for the creation of DIY guides. It would have been a way for those adventurous people to help the site and simultaneously stir up some interest in the forum. It never happened. lucifer1 was the only winner as he was the only one that actually submit a DIY. Others submit threads that were, and continue to be, very technically informative, they just weren't DIYs. The following month we got nothing. Even still, there's been nearly nothing on that front. We were offering to pay the members for the DIYs and it didn't happen. Just keep that in mind when brainstorming ways to generate activity there. I don't mean to be a negative Nancy, but I think we need to start elsewhere before that.

The meets, I think, are where it needs to be. Rebuild the community before the technical stuff. Also, instead of meets, you could have wrenching days where you set up a meet at someone's shop or house and have people show up there to do work and have work done on their cars. Some people need others to physically show them what needs to be done and also borrow tools from. Collectively, things would get done on each person's car. I've occasionally met with the Chevy guys in town when they were working in my neighborhood. It combines the community of the forum with the technical aspect that we need to keep alive.
                My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                  To everyone suggesting ways to improve the DIY section, I urge you to be realistic. We set up a system back in April of last year that attempted to pay users for the creation of DIY guides. It would have been a way for those adventurous people to help the site and simultaneously stir up some interest in the forum. It never happened. lucifer1 was the only winner as he was the only one that actually submit a DIY. Others submit threads that were, and continue to be, very technically informative, they just weren't DIYs. The following month we got nothing. Even still, there's been nearly nothing on that front. We were offering to pay the members for the DIYs and it didn't happen. Just keep that in mind when brainstorming ways to generate activity there. I don't mean to be a negative Nancy, but I think we need to start elsewhere before that.

The meets, I think, are where it needs to be. Rebuild the community before the technical stuff. Also, instead of meets, you could have wrenching days where you set up a meet at someone's shop or house and have people show up there to do work and have work done on their cars. Some people need others to physically show them what needs to be done and also borrow tools from. Collectively, things would get done on each person's car. I've occasionally met with the Chevy guys in town when they were working in my neighborhood. It combines the community of the forum with the technical aspect that we need to keep alive.
                  I was amazed at the lack of interest in the DIY competition last year.
                  I think we need to take a page from the Members Rides book. We enforce a very strict format there, and it's been largely successful. If we can get some momentum going, and get everyone to stick to a solid format, we could be in good shape.

Wrenching days are a good idea. I mean, most of us do it informally... but if we could promote the idea and actively try to organize such meets, it could be good.
                  That could also play into DIY creation. Whoever isn't turning a wrench can document the progress. The last time I had a wrenching day at my house, only 2-3 people were doing the majority of the wrenching. The others (another 3 or 4) just stood around, either not knowing what to do, or not having anything TO do.

Sorry, I didn't really want to go into detail with brainstorming in this thread... I just wanted to get a feel for those that are interested in stepping things up, and how they feel we should do it. These are some great ideas, though!

I'm going to give this thread a few days to generate replies and ideas. Then I'll figure out who fits our needs the best. I'm not going to be able to make everybody a moderator, of course. Though I may promote people to Regional Moderator if their region is lacking. Especially if they're interested in promoting meets, wrenching days, or even just hangout days (a rainy-day get-together at an indoor go-kart track, a trip to the junkyard, or hell... just hanging out for a BBQ, some burgers, or a couple beers.)

I'm thinking it might be cool to organize some video game stuff as well.
                  "Racing teams" for the most commonly played online racing games (Forza and Gran Turismo, I figure)... with online "race meets" where we all play together. Might be a bit far-fetched, but it could be a fun way to integrate the Computer/Gaming subforum into this community in a more car-related way!
                  Ryan, that's your domain, so give the idea some thought. See if it might actually be a feasible idea.

Comment

A wrenching day doesn't mean you're walking onto the set of overhaulin, it is also a meet/bs day as well! My local b-body guys run a Mod/BS day every few months in the good weather. Of course it helps that the guy who usually hosts the day has a fully equipped automotive shop with 3 lifts, alignment rack and all.
                    1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Wrenching days usually result in a few people working, and a bunch of people not working. Ideally, it'd be cool to have enough space to work on 2-3 cars at the same time. That way, the people that aren't elbows-deep in a particular car can float around lending a hand where needed.

Still, it'd be cool. I have a lot of work left to do to my car (cars, plural, if I don't sell this hatchback soon!), so a wrenching day at my house would be a good start!

Comment

I would love to participate more in building the community even though I'm still new. I'm almost finished with my schooling so I should be able to have more free time to work on my car and build cb7t relationships. I'm usually in the norcal regionals and it would be nice to have events thrown like car/track meets. Maybe hit up thunder hill or something. And CB7 Tuner national meet would also be nice. Just a thought although I know how difficult coordinating could be. Hopefully I can work my way up to a mod once I have more experience within this community.

Comment

What about individual sub forums for the diy section, it would make searching a bit easier... I'm on a 9th gen civic forum and their setup is a DIY forum then a bunch of sub forums for the different type of mods rather then the current ext, int, ENG etc.
                          MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=202004
                          1992 Accord EX(Canadian)Seattle Silver sedan

Comment

Deev, I know you are not a fan of it, but a For Sale section really does bring people to the site. These people may be looking for parts, but would have never found the forum otherwise. Those people then may join, and then start contributing to the other areas of the forum.

That all being said.....For Sale Sections can go to hell in a handbasket quickly, if not handled properly. I'm guessing that's probably one of the reasons why this forum doesn't have a FS section. A strict set of rules (and moderators to enforce them), are really needed to allow that section to run smoothly. It can be a pain, but its also a benefit to the community. It allows everyone on the forum to have a collective area to sell their parts to other CB members, instead of random forums, FB pages, etc. that seem to be geared toward the other Honda chassis.

HondaSociety for example has a very smoothly running FS section. Posts that don't follow the rules are deleted. Its pretty uncluttered, easy to find specific threads, and is really the only reason myself (and many others) have been able to get our hands on rare and quality parts for good prices (since on eBay and other sites prices can be so inflated). I'm all for them if they are run properly.

Just my 2 cents.

Comment

@ Corweena

Members with 30+ post already have access to this.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=118
                              Last edited by Tishock; 03-27-2014, 04:03 PM.

Comment

I 2nd subforums in the DIY section. If for no reason other then making it easier for mods to manage and find quickly.

Ya we also need to be realistic, a wrench day isn't a day with xzibit. It's just guys hanging out, showing each other ways to do things and actually wrenching on each others(someones) car.

Maybe we could modify the newb section...or registration...

like i.e. when you sign up, if you take the 30 post route, then after 30 posts then all is normal but if you want you can skip 30 posts min but you don't immediately get access to every section....and it takes longer to get full access...

gives guys options...

or something like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X