Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1980 Volvo Bertone 262C... I want it!

eBay link

This thing is awesome. I wasn't even aware that Volvo made 240 coupes, and then I learned that Bertone chopped the top and raked the windshield.
    The auction ended without a sale (reserve not met) at over $5000... but the car is practically brand new!

Give me a 240 Turbo coupe over that any day of the week. The problem is finding one with a manual transmission.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I want this: http://www.carsforsale.com/used-cars...w-nh-226583875

And I have always liked and old Volvo. A member on here has one really low as I recall. I just can't remember who it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
        Give me a 240 Turbo coupe over that any day of the week. The problem is finding one with a manual transmission.
        The 240 Turbo coupe is what started me on the path to finding the 262C. The chopped top and raked windshield are what do it for me, though. It takes the boxy 240 body style, and gives hints to the old P1800 (which I also adore.) It's almost as if the 262C is the missing link between the sleek P1800 and the boxy 240 that became Volvo's most famous design.

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
        I want this: http://www.carsforsale.com/used-cars...w-nh-226583875

And I have always liked and old Volvo. A member on here has one really low as I recall. I just can't remember who it is.
        You might be thinking of TracieS's Benz (similar brown boxy look.) If there's a Volvo on here, I'm unaware! HappyGilmore had Volvos back in the day... we occasionally drool over old pics on facebook. He found a Bertone 740 in the junkyard a while back. A sad find.

The Maserati BiTurbo confuses the hell out of me. It looks like a cheap crappy little car (and it is, honestly...) but it's a Maserati!
        They're terribly unreliable, but I'd still like to see one fully restored and running properly.
        I'd love to see a BiTurbo in the condition of that 262C!

Comment

It was TracieS's benz that I was thinking about. That 262C is practically brand new. It's condition is extremely impressive.

And I never knew Maserati's were unreliable honestly. But I know now!

Comment

Really? They're notoriously unreliable! Pretty much every Maserati ever made is a lawn ornament waiting to happen. New ones have Ferrari engines (great performers with a very short lifespan.) Maserati makes Jaguar look like Honda!

That being said, I desperately want a Maserati.

Comment

Don't remember those cars . I don't like it, the windshield is too angled back, the whole top is disproportionately sized. The normal tops looks way better.
              Manual Belt Conversion-Variable Intermittent Wipers-Steering Volume Controls-Rear Defroster Antenna-JDM Climate Control-MDX Steering Wheel-Lighted Mirror Switch-CL Trunk Solenoid-CL Homelink-Shaved Hood Squirters-Foglight Wiring Diagram-Door Panel Removal-Puddle Lights-Ambient Lighting-Door Speaker Install-Window Seal and Regulator Cleaning-Prelude Cluster-Mirror Tweeter Pods-Illuminated Window Switch -More Coming Soon

Comment

Originally posted by lucifer1 View Post
                Don't remember those cars . I don't like it, the windshield is too angled back, the whole top is disproportionately sized. The normal tops looks way better.
                Chop top.

Comment

I had a 245 wagon. I wanted to like it. But I was bitten by the b-body bug right before getting it, and the 245 just had all sorts of issues right off the bat. Those two things just completely turned me off volvos. Someday maybe I'll try again....if I don't get a Series III XJ6 before then.
                  1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Nice find. There are a couple of rare coupes like that from late 70's/early 80's. The guy I get my Volvo parts from has one but it is quite rusted, although I must admit older Volvos look better with a bit of rust

I have a 1981 Volvo 242 at the moment that I might do a +turbo setup on. Would be nice to try it with that 6 cylinder instead since I like the traditional body style a bit more.
                    Last edited by TheFunk; 08-26-2014, 04:04 PM.

RIP my last two CB7s.
                    New rides:
                    '82 Volvo 245 drift project
                    '87 Volvo 244 daily
                    Born2DieApparel.com

Comment

Do you have any pics of the 242? I'd like to see!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                        Do you have any pics of the 242? I'd like to see!
                        Unfortunately not many right now, still needs a LOT of work before I am willing to show it off.
                        This is the only one I have on my phone. No side shot:/

I took the tinted corners off and restored the originals since then. Debating on where or not to go all black with the front end like I did on the last one.
                        (Plastidip)

^thats the one that caught fire and exploded.

RIP my last two CB7s.
                        New rides:
                        '87 Volvo 244 daily
                        Born2DieApparel.com

Comment

Ouch. That sucks!

The 242 looks cool, though. I want to see it once you've done more to it!

Comment

Ouch. That sucks!

The 242 looks cool, though. I want to see it once you've done more to it!
                            You certainly shall, but all of the K-Jet debugging has been frustrating and I have yet to even do a good wash/wax on the body.
                            The rear quarters are rusted pretty bad, I honestly don't think I'll do anything about it though, just throw on some OEM alloys, lowered springs, turbo it, and drift it until the wheels fall off.

RIP my last two CB7s.
                            New rides:
                            '87 Volvo 244 daily
                            Born2DieApparel.com

Comment

Really? They're notoriously unreliable! Pretty much every Maserati ever made is a lawn ornament waiting to happen. New ones have Ferrari engines (great performers with a very short lifespan.) Maserati makes Jaguar look like Honda!

That being said, I desperately want a Maserati.
                              If you buy a BiTurbo I will drive down to NJ for a long weekend and sit on your front lawn pointing and laughing for 3 days and then drive home.

I don't know why I have such a dislike of them...but outside of the 60s Ghibli and 70's Merak/Bora, I have very little desire for them. I can't really explain it either...it's like my general blase attitude toward Aston Martins as well.

Shrugs.

Comment

Working...
                              X