Thought about going back in the years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought about going back in the years

I thought about getting one car and getting two. I'm thinking of getting another hatchback eg6 not one but two and getting rid of my fg2 civic si. Any ideas

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
    I thought about getting one car and getting two. I'm thinking of getting another hatchback eg6 not one but two and getting rid of my fg2 civic si. Any ideas
    older cars are a lot easier to go faster. they are lighter for starters and everything else is cheaper.

Comment

I need to find some decent ones that aren't overpriced.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
        I need to find some decent ones that aren't overpriced.
        Honestly decent ones arent generally overpriced. I'd be comfortable paying 6-8k for a clean, no rust, non modded or very small tasteful mods EF or EG. Supply and demand is the name of the game and supply is dwindling while demand stays constant.
        Looking for a new CB. Sell me yours!

Comment

Originally posted by MrTShoff View Post
          Honestly decent ones arent generally overpriced. I'd be comfortable paying 6-8k for a clean, no rust, non modded or very small tasteful mods EF or EG. Supply and demand is the name of the game and supply is dwindling while demand stays constant.
          Honestly that couldn't be me. Its a 92-95 the most id pay for one is 1400 stick as is with no mods. For 6 to 8 k it better have a swap or built motor but even then thats overdoing it.

Comment

You're going to be hard-pressed finding an EG6 stateside.
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I would keep your fg2 and find a project and go from there. Its always nice having a newer car as a daily, you rarely have to worry about breakdowns as you do with an older car. I have my 2012 civic si as a daily, and use my accord as a project car. Best of both worlds lol. Plus the new si's are a lot of fun to drive, more fun then any older Honda I have had besides my crx

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                You're going to be hard-pressed finding an EG6 stateside.
                I know.

Comment

Originally posted by Theos92VR4 View Post
                  I would keep your fg2 and find a project and go from there. Its always nice having a newer car as a daily, you rarely have to worry about breakdowns as you do with an older car. I have my 2012 civic si as a daily, and use my accord as a project car. Best of both worlds lol. Plus the new si's are a lot of fun to drive, more fun then any older Honda I have had besides my crx
                  Hmm okay imma do that. I figure if I have two eg6's but I think that's gonna be a tough one.

Comment

Old Hondas in the Northeast are hard to find cheap and in good condition. Either they're rusted to hell, or they're priced higher than they're worth. If you want cheap, look for one with a blown engine. You MIGHT find something with a good body. However, those are often the cars you see sitting in someone's driveway, not listed for sale anywhere.
                    Civics especially are difficult to find. The whole import tuning craze pretty much ensured that any available Civic was purchased, modified, and beat to hell.

Comment

Why do you have want two of the same car? I'd love to grab an EG hatch as well, but if I were in the market for two small, cheap Hondas, I'd get something else in the second slot for variety.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Working...
                      X