The C8 Corvette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
    I feel like the person who designed the front is different than the person who designed the rear. I see this in a lot of cars....

PS - fix that spam bot Deev :P
    Working on it!
    I've cleared and banned something like 75 posts/spammers this morning.
    Changed up our security settings as well... though some of these spammers tend to lay dormant for a long time.

Comment

The rendering of a potential Z06 model that af_1132 posted has Straight Success written all over it. I can see one of those parked in my 12 car garage.
      The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

If the C8 drops C6 Z06 prices, I'd love it even more!

Let's be honest here, the majority of people that buy the Vette are doing it for looks/status or dream car fulfillment. The 1% that track the car seriously or even at just a high amateur level won't care that it's an auto.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

You're probably right.

Although not a Vette, I've driven both a manual and a paddle shift Ferrari 360 Modena. I wasn't on the track, but keeping it on a bean, I'd use either one at the track. At that point, I'd just be grinning from ear to ear.

It's moreso daily driving an auto on the street is what I don't like. I hate waiting for the downshift from second to first when slowing down. I've never been in any automatic car where that was a smooth transition without any hiccup or hesitation.

On the track, that's a whole different ball game. Paddle shifting - I welcome it. Just my personal preference.

With the balance of the the C8, from what I've read, I can imagine this thing is so much fun coming out of a sweeper with the throttle pinned. Having a fuel injected pushrod V8 behind your ear lobes screaming at 6500 RPMs; I'll probably bust all over the steering wheel. JK.
          The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

In that case you wouldn't have a problem straight, some of the newer Chevy transmissions do not use first gear during daily driving due to how aggressive it is; I kept counting gears and only counted 5 over and over again until another person told me it starts in second unless you floor it or manually select first using the shifters. I have gone out early in the morning some days looking for a Scat Pack or anything of that power level to measure up against and the only day I have run into a Ferrari my car had been driving like crap due to poor fuel so I opted to sit it out as I want to lose fair so I have no excuses. Deeve is right though, having that CTS he knows there is really no place to let it eat unless you stay up into the 3-4 am slot when the drunks are off the street and the good folks in bed.
            [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Working...
            X