CB7Tuner dead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
    I still pop in pretty regularly to see what people are up to.
    Same here. I'm typically hear almost daily. I haven't had my car since 2007, so I've forgotten more than I remember about the cars.

There's a wagon near me with an F20B for like, $2,500 that tempts me, but I just don't have the time right now to mess around with a project like that.

Comment

I still come on here occasionally. Mostly for information these days but I really wish I could see cb7tuner thriving again. Alot of us would be on here for hours a day for fun back in the day
      I still probably would be if it where easier to post pictures and it was more active
      Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
      93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

Comment

Hopefully the update will make mobile users more willing to visit. I know it's a pain using this pre-smartphone software on a smartphone (most of my posts are from my iphone, and it sucks!)
        Picture hosting is still a possibility, but we need to figure out how to do it properly... so we don't overload our server or cause security/stability issues.

If we get more traffic, things will liven up a bit. I'll also be either decreasing the beginner requirements significantly, so that will get new users into the full forum faster. I'd do it now, but it would require changing the status of ALL users with a post count above the new limit (I'm thinking 5). That might cause things to crash and burn... so I'm not even trying it until we have a 100% proven, stable backup in place.

Comment

I am no tech savvy person. So please ignore my ignorance, could someone who has a server at their home, save a backup to the site on their server? Or maybe portions of it?
          ~Nick~
          FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
          MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

This place ain't dead... It's just not as robust as it used to be. I stop in about 0-7 days a week on average. It depends on what I have going on.

As far as servers, they're easy to build and maintain depending on the data levels. Mine, well... A 20TB HD is relatively cheap these days, all things considered. Pick up a second one for a backup.

What does the data storage and bandwidth look like on this platform and an updated platform?
            The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
              I am no tech savvy person. So please ignore my ignorance, could someone who has a server at their home, save a backup to the site on their server? Or maybe portions of it?
              In the past, I've taken full extracts/backups of the database, and saved them to my PC just for safety's sake. Which reminds me, time to do that again...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
              Current cars:
              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

i still check in when i can. later.
                Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
                  This place ain't dead... It's just not as robust as it used to be. I stop in about 0-7 days a week on average. It depends on what I have going on.

As far as servers, they're easy to build and maintain depending on the data levels. Mine, well... A 20TB HD is relatively cheap these days, all things considered. Pick up a second one for a backup.

What does the data storage and bandwidth look like on this platform and an updated platform?
                  The update shouldn't change much, but if we manage to do in-house image hosting, that could change things.

When things were hopping around here, hosting images ourselves would've ended us. But now that things are slower, it should be doable.

My plan, if we can swing image hosting, is to get volunteers willing to go through the DIY, Members Rides, and other important sections. I'll set things up so the images can be saved, tags changed, and images re-uploaded on our server. There are SO many pictures that have been lost over the years due to cancelled accounts or defunct hosting platforms (like Imagestation.)

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
                  In the past, I've taken full extracts/backups of the database, and saved them to my PC just for safety's sake. Which reminds me, time to do that again...
                  You truly are the best, Mike

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    The update shouldn't change much, but if we manage to do in-house image hosting, that could change things.

When things were hopping around here, hosting images ourselves would've ended us. But now that things are slower, it should be doable.

My plan, if we can swing image hosting, is to get volunteers willing to go through the DIY, Members Rides, and other important sections. I'll set things up so the images can be saved, tags changed, and images re-uploaded on our server. There are SO many pictures that have been lost over the years due to cancelled accounts or defunct hosting platforms (like Imagestation.)

You truly are the best, Mike

Care to share more details on the technical? I'm assuming the only issue here is bandwidth costs and not cost for space / storage. But did no-one think of non-linkable pics prior?

What's the bottleneck now?
                    Own our server / need spare hardware?

Seems you have a bunch of folks wanting to help....

Comment

Getting a head start on helping in some way with the DIYs, I've started the install on my power folding mirrors. I've only got the weekends to go out to the car, but I should have a good write-up and photos for this old DIY in the next couple of weeks:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=65159

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I know one issue that should be addressed ASAP is the login page. Each browser I use keeps telling me I'm signing into an insecure page...
                        My Collection:
                        93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
                        00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
                        04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Comment

That may be addressed with he update. There’s little need for a secure connection here, though. Just don’t use the same login info for this site as you do for your bank!

Comment

Hey guys, I still try to visit the site at least every Friday. Sometimes I just
                            get so busy with work that I forget to come on here.

I still love this community either way. I still have my CB with the Euro R.
                            It is sitting in my girlfriend's driveway since I just bought a house & I am
                            saving up some money to redo the whole driveway/parking pad.

I'll have to say like a few others on here whenever I pull out the CB it definitely
                            is something people stop & take a look at. There is maybe one other CB that
                            I have seen in Baltimore that is decent. I do see ran down beater CBs but
                            I still just appreciate that the F22s are still going strong.

Anyway, I do agree that maybe the site needs to be updated. I know this site
                            was way before I got into Hondas or any cars but, maybe there could be
                            some type of special event or something special to bring people here.

I do agree with everyone talking about most people are on IG or FB but,
                            we just need something that gives us a "niche" with something that can
                            only specifically be seen here.

I agree with better image hosting abilities. (I am talking about this like I
                            know anything about computers) but, as you can tell Videos have really
                            become a thing of IG or FB. So maybe we could have an easier way to
                            post & view each other's videos. I see plenty of people who post their
                            YouTube videos on here. They seem to grab your attention more than just
                            words but, I guess that is the point of a forum to discuss stuff.

I know the decal is set in stone with everyone but maybe we could develop
                            a layout to the site that really pops & grabs your attention? Or maybe
                            different colors than black & red?

Also, would there be anyway to get the Accord of the Month going?? Maybe
                            it could be like not the best looking one or fastest but just a current CB
                            in the spotlight, or a thread that has been really hot lately. Idk just random
                            ideas.

I would love to participate in a group discussion or something to help
                            brainstorm more ideas from everyone!

Idk! Sorry guys I was just putting some random ideas out there!

Either way I still love this site & hope that it stays around for the future!
                            Keep Pushing..

Comment

OOO maybe we could have a page specifically for sharing videos??
                              Keep Pushing..

Comment

I do pop in every so often to lurk; lately its been about once every month or two; haven't owned a CB7 since 2012-ish.
                                Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
                                2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
                                2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
                                2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

Working...
                                X