I finally got a real job.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finally got a real job.

After 108 days of not going to work at all (due to school) and over a year of not working more than 30 hours, i finally have a FULL TIME, meaningfull job!! woo!

Im working for a company called Vanson Leathers that is based out of my home town, they make Leather Racing suits and jackets, along with consumer apparel. Im in the graphic design department, where i create all the custom lettering, logos, patches etc for the racing suits. I absolutly love it, although i am a computer science major (mostly programming) my *realistic* dream job has always been in graphic design. In this job i get to use my photoshop skills, as well as learning Corel Draw (im already fairly proficient in Adobe illustrator, and i hate corel). about 75 percent of my job is doing Vector graphics. However I do get to take all the product photography as well, which is awesome. Iv never had any training, or even practice for that matter in photography, but its amazing what a 9 megapixle camera and a full studio can do for your photography skills lol. if anyone has any good photography tutorial web sites let me know i really want to learn everything i can.

as you can see im very excited

Im going to be cutting back on the turbo kits for a while i think. i work 9-6 everyday, and since the post office closes at 5 its going to cause a big problem. To anyone i have parts for right now, im very sorry for any delays that might occur, please understand my position. i will get everything out ASAP. If anyone is still interested ill still do it of course, but the turn around time may be slightly longer. ECU chipping wont be affected.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

SWEET MAN!!!!! thats kewl

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
    bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

It's about time...

j/k... good job man... sounds like a cool job. Hope it sits well with you...

So how about a CB7Tuner.com motorcycle racing type jacket?
      Last edited by ZigenBallZ; 05-20-2005, 11:01 PM.
      RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

Originally posted by ZigenBallZ
        It's about time...

j/k... good job man... sounds like a cool job. Hope it sits well with you...

So how about a CB7Tuner.com motorcycle racing type jacket?
        heh, iv only been there for a week, but well see what happens in the future. however, we do have a computerized plotting cutter, so i can make vinyl graphics, decals and such.

Comment

awesome dude, glad your doing something you actually enjoy!

Comment

i so want a dream job... call centers are the center of hell

cools , thats good luck... good for you man

Comment

any samples of the work you've made with photoshop? i'm thinking about getting into graphic design, i have skill below my belt, but no experience or degrees.

look at my website in my signature if you wanna see what i've made in photoshop.

Comment

dude congrats on your job!! best part is you are doing what you love, or at least you enjoy it! you sound so enthusiastic!!!!! ENJOY
                To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

I'm happy for you, man. There's nothing better than doing what you love and getting payed for it. Not eveybody gets such a great opportunity!

"And the coldest ones that we thought husky
                  they be like I dont know his name but he aim like Wayne Gretzki
                  that's funny cause I dont play hockey
                  I play Horse upon the mic and watch them all copy"
                  -Canibal Ox

Comment

congrats on the job... vanson leathers as in streetbike gear? you should hook me up with some good prices ^^ i been lookin to get a set of leathers
                    2007 Subaru WRX Limited - Stage 2

Comment

Awesome man! Congrats! I hope I'm as lucky in finding a job that I actually like!

Comment

so now that your rolling in some money, should we be expecting anything big coming from your car?....h22 head possibly....
                        Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Congrats on the job. Working somewhere that you like is great, and having room to move up is even better.

Does the company have a website? I want to price out a jacket for starters, and the pants can come later. Guess I have to get the bike first, but I do have my eye on something, just gotta secure my promotion to pay for it

Comment

cool man! Yeah i wanna do something in web development/ IT Hence thats what im going to school for. Or cars or opeining a store or something

Comment

Originally posted by aero3685
                              Congrats on the job. Working somewhere that you like is great, and having room to move up is even better.

Does the company have a website? I want to price out a jacket for starters, and the pants can come later. Guess I have to get the bike first, but I do have my eye on something, just gotta secure my promotion to pay for it
                              yah www.vansonleathers.com From what i have seen the web site compeltely sucks, in the next few weeks ill be slowly re designing it when i have free time.

the Jackets they make are TOP quality, there is nothing better. And the prices show it lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X