Honda Parts employees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honda Parts employees

Meh.. I am in the search for OEM Honda vent visors for my accord. I know they are hard to get, but just figured I would try the dealer, to see if by some chance they had them lying around at a dealer somewhere in the US.

I asked for them, and the tard says "Honda didnt offer them until the 04-05"
    Me: Yeah they did, can you just check and see if you have any?
    him: No they didnt, you are wrong.
    Me: Yes, I have seen them, stamped with honda on them
    him: you are wrong, you can only get them at auto parts stores
    me: Can you just look in the computer under accessories
    him: you are wrong sir, goodbye.

what an asshole... I hate that dealership anyways.. for some reason they think they are all so smart.

hey brandon. i have found that they only have one side..the right side. i havent found an OEM left side yet for coupes..

um i have the part number somewhere and i checked with vintage parts llc. they only have the right side..ARGH i dont know why...but yea vent shades seems the quickest way to get them.

Comment

I think elchulo583 works in the parts department of a Honda dealership... or he's a service writer, I forget. But still, talk to him. He could probably get you a TRUE answer, and I know from personal experience that he is NOT an asshole! Far from it!

What is a vent visor anyway?

Comment

Its the window visor. goes over the top of the window...

Comment

Originally posted by aero3685
          Its the window visor. goes over the top of the window...

It makes it so you can open your window a little when its raining or whatever to let air in and so you dont get wet. I need to get some. I prob will soon =) all the honda deals are pricks. Thats for sure

Comment

I'll check for you tomorrow when I get to work.
            00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

Originally posted by mrhonda
              I'll check for you tomorrow when I get to work.
              Awesome, thanks.. pm me with the results please I've been looking for quite a while now.. and its annoying rollin w/the windows down in the rain... either that or turn on the heat to keep the fog from forming.

Comment

I seriously doubt they will have them in stock, and the chances of them being produced anymore are slim, but I'll at least find out if they were an actual Honda accessory. They can also do a search of every Honda dealer inventory in the country so I'll have them check into that as well.
                00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

Yeah, i know they still arent making them, just hoping some dealer in BFE will have them sitting around.

Comment

How about those aftermarket ones?

Comment

I have heard they are more flimsy, easily breakable, and only attach with double sided tape. If I happened to roll down a window while cruising across alligator alley.. i doubt the cheap ones would stay on.

Comment

Some aftermarket ones go inside the window slits too...

Here is your information btw:
                        http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...IES+-+EXTERIOR

Look at item number 98360 and 98361

They run $71.22 each at a dealership. Off that site you can get them for $53.42 each (that's for a 2dr '91 EX btw... I'm sure they fit all 4th gen coupes.
                        Last edited by Big Body LX; 07-01-2005, 10:39 PM.

Comment

I have the Ventshade ones, and they're pretty decent. Yes they are held on by 3m tape, but it's good stuff. I had mine installed with lifetime replacement for $60 from a local auto joint. They almost never come off, the only time I can say one came off was during the hurricanes last year. Not the first one, but the second, my car was perpendicular to the wind, meaning the Ventshades were acting like scoops in that wind. The rear passenger flipped up, leaving the bottom detached. THere was grass and little twigs stuck to the tape but I washed it off with water, and it stuck right back on, absolutely no problems since then. Honda might be +1, but likely x10 in price . And for what I got I'm glad I went with the Ventshades. In FL they are invaluable and I make use of at least the fronts 99% of the time. Therefore they have proved indispensible to me

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                          where you been, is something wrong?
                          i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Originally posted by accordaffair
                            And for what I got I'm glad I went with the Ventshades. In FL they are invaluable and I make use of at least the fronts 99% of the time. Therefore they have proved indispensible to me
                            I had them on my Camry for a while. I need to get a new set. Someone broke two of mine when they were going off on my car

Comment

Yeah, think I might call up Majestic honda. I have looked at them on there quite a few times, just never ordered them since I didnt know if they had both.. and didnt want to end up with just one. Too bad im sure they are closed till tuesday.

Comment

Working...
                              X