No announcement yet.

how to gain weight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it takes a lot of time and devotion to gain weight if you've got fast metabolism. i mean, you really do have to eat ALL the time..

i focus more on toning up. i don't mind being thin, but i don't want to look pathetic. eating 3-4 big meals per day and working out 3 times per week has helped me in the past... its a very small gain as far as weight, but you'll build some muscle.

Comment

eat eat eat eat eat that is the key word to get big.
      during the day
      eat small meals every 3 hours.......
      if u don't have the time to eat that often then drink proteine shakesss.
      or have some protein bars with u ($3 for one)
      work out at the gym.. u will notice a big difference 12 weeks after u start...
      are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

You have to take weight gainers (it is sick) and you have to be consistant with exercise. My friend takes those and now his body literally transformed from a twig to a trunk sized arms. all from working out and weight gainers, of course this took a few years of dedication.
        hahahahah

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
          Eat right before you go to bed. Those lb's won't necessarily be the healthiest, but I've seen the difference on someone who would be mad if I told you guys who she was, and what happened when she ate before she went to bed. Needless to say I was not a happy camper...

Also, I dunno if this is true for a lot of people, but I noticed some people gain weight in the winter and lose it during the summer. I'm a steady 170 whether I'm working out everyday or being a lazy bastard...anyone see a seasonal change in their weight?
          i eat b4 bed and i liek it becuz i dont gain weight and i get some crazy ass dreams.
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

dude you are making this harder than it needs to be
            step 1: go to doughnut shop and buy a dozen glazed/filled etc
            step 2: eat all of em
            step 3: repeat
            FA1

Comment

like fizzbob says eat increase slowly . like im up to 3000 calories and its tuff to keep up .. weightgainer is trash and dont buy anything that has to do wit musletech overpriced crap.. for protein get optimum nutritons whey its a good protein and taste is easy to mix in a shaker..breakfast should be ur biggest meal for me it is 2 whole eggs and 5 eggwhites wit oatmeal and etc throughout the day .. for foods go to costco or bj's get eggs, tuna, chicken breast, almonds, cottage cheese , etc.. also remember this the equation for getting big FOOD + Training + time = results

Comment

I have been up and down with supplements, creatine, whey protein shakes, etc...I'm 6'3" and 155-160. The downside to all of them is they are temporary muscle. if you build with them heavy, you lose them the minute you stop taking them. Creatine is good for quick bulk but its considered water weight. another thing too alot of people dont appreciate the seriousness of taking supplements is taking them properly. Taking them without proper eating or water intake will cause serious liver and kidney problems. Remember, those weight gainers and such are not normal things that you consume in your daily diet and it can be a big downfall for abusing them...a friend of mine drank nothing but weight shakes and worked out but didn't drink water nearly enough and now a year later has a bad kidney stone problem because of excess buildup in his kidneys.

The best thing i've found is just eating right (fish, red meats, rice, potatoes), drink lots of water (your body is 85% water, good way to help put a couple pounds on), drink milk to strengthen your bones, and stay active.

Alot of trainers at a local Gold's gym here have told me to work out 1 of 2 ways: Negative weight training and pyramid weight training...

Negative Weight Training: Requires a partner, you find your max bench and put an extra 5 lbs on and then fight the weight all the way down. repeat for 5-7 reps, rest for a few mins, and then repeat 2x.

Pyramid Weight training: Start out with very heavy weights (just below your max, something you feel comfortable putting up 3-5 reps. rest for a few mins, and then go a little lower in weight but more reps...maybe 5-7 reps this time...rest for a few and then work up to a lower weight but higher reps...10-15 depending on how low you go.

One other thing to remember: Your metabolism will slow down eventually. You wont stay thin forever if you eat properly. Just be patient, it happens to everyone and anyone who you know who once was thin when they were younger will tell you first hand.
                "Once a CB7 Tuner, Always a CB7 Tuner"
                Former h23 swapped accord owner...

2002 Acura 3.2CL
                20" Rims and Brembo Brake Kit - Ridin classy and slow

1994 MKIV TT Supra
                BPU+++ (under the knife, getting nastier)

Comment

Originally posted by brawl
                  I have been up and down with supplements, creatine, whey protein shakes, etc...I'm 6'3" and 155-160. The downside to all of them is they are temporary muscle. if you build with them heavy, you lose them the minute you stop taking them. Creatine is good for quick bulk but its considered water weight.
                  Creatine is naturally found in foods and replenishes and creates more ATP for your muscle cells to use. It does aid in muscle growth and a lot of the growth you'll see may be water. However, you won't lose muscle when you stop taking creatine... you'll lose the excess water. And I've never heard of anyone losing muscle by stopping their protein shakes. If you keep lifting you won't lose it... your gains will be slower however.

Anyway, like many of the others have said, your DIET is the most important thing. I'd say it's 80% of what you need to do. Obviously if your daily calorie intake is higher than your daily calorie expenditure, you're going to gain weight. The key is a clean bulk. High protein, mid-low carbs, lower fats. You can also cycle certain foods and supplements for better results.

Comment

Working...
                  X