how to gain weight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to gain weight?

any ideas on how i can gain weight? i am 5' 8" and weigh 110 lbs. any advice plz

Aftermath of crash.

I am 5'9" and I weight alittle less than 120 lbs. Please help

I am trying to start a a routine of pushups, situps, etc. and running laps at the park. My arms are teh skinny needles and I'm trying to get them bigger.

Comment

Don't gain weight!!! I'm 5'11 and I have you by about 95lbs! You'd kill me in the 1/4 mile!

Are you looking for a general gain, or muscle gain? Protein is good for muscle, if you work out properly. Take supplemts, or eat healthy foods that are high in protein (soy products, meat in moderation, fish...)

Comment

Hey, now that I think of it.....I WOULD BE BETTER OFF IN 1/4 mile. People spend so much money to remove weight from their car, and I AM trying to gain weight?

Comment

Originally posted by abdulmo86
          any ideas on how i can gain weight? i am 5' 8" and weigh 110 lbs. any advice plz

eat motherfucker....
          Harm_Lane_Sound Long Island NY...

68 posts forever...we nuh rate the 69 ting

Comment

Whey protein, and building muscle mass.

Hit the weights and do THE MAX weight possible. If you don't have weights, do pushups, sit-ups, pullups. Do what is called "muscle failure". What you do is reptitions until your muscles give up on you. ie pushups until you honestly can't push yourself up anymore "muscle failure " it will help you build muscle mass. Hit up your local GNC and get some creatine and whey protein and hit those barbells.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
            where you been, is something wrong?
            i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Originally posted by i97supratti
              Hey, now that I think of it.....I WOULD BE BETTER OFF IN 1/4 mile. People spend so much money to remove weight from their car, and I AM trying to gain weight?
              Yeah, you're right about that!!!

I laughed when I saw this thread b/c there's also the "How to Lose Weight" thread too. I'm about 5' 9" and I weigh about 125 lbs. I cannot gain weight, I'm not trying, but my friends all think it's funny how I don't gain anything and I can eat alot (when I'm hungry).

My car is alot quicker when it's just me and alittle bit of gas in the tank!

Comment

yup they are right, drink protein drinks up the wazzu! and start excerzing alot.
                H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Sit at home, eat candy. Dont move otherwise. This will surely get you to your goal.

Comment

Yea protein shakes are teh win...lift weights too. I think my freshman 15 was pure muscle, no joke...by sophomore year I was a beast, and by the end of junior year I was 'normal' after a year of slacking.

Originally posted by lordoja
                    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

fizzbob is right.

One thing most people don't realize though, is that you can never gain much weight if your body frame type is an ectomorph, even with the right training and eating.
                      http://bodybuildingpro.com/bodytypeinformation.html

But you can gain a lot of strengh and some weight by focusing on the major muscle groups. Do bench presses, dead lifts, and squats.

But at least with the ectomorph frame, you can excell in endurance exercise. You have the advantage in cycling and long distance running.

My swap thread
                      Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

how bout dont eat...and when you do...eat one big meal so your body will learn to use all the nutrion and store it.
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I'm at 6'2" and weigh 148 lbs. Needless to say, I'm a little under the target weight for an 18 year old. I used to weigh 140 though, before I started doing push-ups and sit-ups before hitting the sack every night. It helps put ya to sleep too. At least it helps me...
                          Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
                          D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
                          ┴─┴
                          ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

Try to stay away from energy drings. They contain ingredients that although do promote mental stamina, they speed up your metabolism. Eating is the best way. If you want to bulk up at the gym you can introduce yourself to supplements like creatine and whey. Fish is a great scource because the fish oil is also good for your body. Calcium is another must. Try to get 4-5 glasses of milk or 3 cup of yogurt in you daily. Another good idea most people dont obey: When you get to the gym, Leave your Ego at the door. It doesn't matter how much you can lift. Start small then work your way up.

Comment

Eat right before you go to bed. Those lb's won't necessarily be the healthiest, but I've seen the difference on someone who would be mad if I told you guys who she was, and what happened when she ate before she went to bed. Needless to say I was not a happy camper...

Also, I dunno if this is true for a lot of people, but I noticed some people gain weight in the winter and lose it during the summer. I'm a steady 170 whether I'm working out everyday or being a lazy bastard...anyone see a seasonal change in their weight?

Originally posted by lordoja
                              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
                              X