• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bye Bye New Orleans

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WEATHER/08/2...ina/index.html

im sure everyone heard about it..
    going to be crazy
    mayor of new orleans said "everyone take a look at all the monuments and everything, cause it wont be the same in 24hours"

My ride RS6 HELLA Bi-xenon ECE retrofitted CB7
    www.maketradefair.com

holy shit......damn.....RUN!!!!!! Naw that sucks dude....sorry to hear.
    1991 Honda Accord Ex
    Pics of the beast!

::::198.4 WHP and 146.6 WTQ Currently weighing in at 2700lbs...best time: 14.8@92mph::::

2003 BMW 330I Sport.....Daily Hustler....

Road Race #1
    Totoro Squad #2

Comment

Yup, winds of 175mph, gusts about 200mph, and the pressure is at 902mb. That is one of the lowest.

They showed a picture of it compared to hurricane charley from last year in florida.

Hurricane winds stretch out 105miles from the center on this, only 30 on hurricane charley.

The storm surge right now is expected to be at 20-25 feet, New Orleans is below sea level, anything under 3 stories is most likely going to be under water.

The worst thing about it, they just had a news reporter that was in the area, he said he was really scared about the current situation as there is gridlock on the main highways leaving the area, all the way backed up to the coast. He also saw many people just driving around goofing off instead of taking it seriously.

Comment

Only three Category 5 hurricanes have made landfall in the United States since records were kept. Those were the Labor Day hurricane of 1935, 1969's Hurricane Camille and Hurricane Andrew, which devastated the Miami area in 1992. Andrew remains the costliest U.S. hurricane on record, with $26.5 billion in losses. Camille came ashore in Mississippi and killed 256 people.

Only 3! This one is gonna rock New Orleans.
        Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
        -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
        MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

Holy Fawk!!

The world is slowly coming to an end
          ________
          BED BATH AND BEYOND GIFT CARD
          Last edited by accord4thgen; 05-12-2011, 10:25 AM.
          無限WESTCOAST FUKINWITCHU ACCORD4THGEN 1990 CB7 Coupe無限

Comment

FUck that man the 504 is home say it ain't so God say it aint so

Members Ride Thread

Comment

this is one of the reasons why i live up north....might be cold in the winter, but its dry in the summer!

Comment

Originally posted by accord4thgen
                Holy Fawk!!

The world is slowly coming to an end
                I agree with you. This year was supposed to be the first or second of an about 10 year cycle of increased hurricane activity. Anyone wanna trade spots with me ?

Comment

Hey dont we have a member from New Orleans?

Well good luck to you.
                  Henry R
                  Koni/Neuspeed
                  1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                  1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                  Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                  made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

oh man Charlie fucked up our area of Daytona pretty bad. Out of power for 5 days. If you are on the same power grid as a hospital you get power back first. I wasn't. Feel sory for LA.

A wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn.
                    Frost White CB7 Crew - Member #4
                    Official Ebay Whore Crew #9

Comment

i am yalls member from new orleans and thanks for the concern i just got done evacuating to my brothers apt. about 4 hours north east of the city it took me 8 hours to drive it with all the traffic. well not much anyone can do now except sit back and watch the show. i got the honda out of harms way but its hard to move a house. anyway just keep us in mind and hope for the best out of a bad situation.
                      92 Accord LX coupe

JDM H22A w/lsd
                      I.H.E <nuthin to pricey
                      stage3 dual friction CF clutch
                      fuel pressure regulator
                      tokico blues all around
                      eibach SL's in front/PK in back
                      16'' Konig Holes wrapped in Kuhmo 712's
                      Powerslot rotors in front w/ebc pads

Comment

Originally posted by aero3685
                        Yup, winds of 175mph, gusts about 200mph, and the pressure is at 902mb. That is one of the lowest.

Sounds like those winds are almost as fast as my car
                        Magnaflow exhaust for cb7's for sale

Comment

The mayor is being a bit dramatic by saying that, but this is some serious stuff. I'll keep my eyes glued to the news, but whats the most hard to hear is the families that have to ride it out because they don't have the money/resources to evacuate. They are about to have the ride of their life, and it very well may end their life. If you have a car, get out. And if you can, take some people that don't have a car with you.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                          where you been, is something wrong?
                          i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Well kiddies, I hope you got your pics at the last Mardi Gras, because August 28th pictures and August 29th pictures are going to be completely different.
                            Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
                            2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
                            2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
                            2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

Originally posted by VtecAbuser
                              i am yalls member from new orleans and thanks for the concern i just got done evacuating to my brothers apt. about 4 hours north east of the city it took me 8 hours to drive it with all the traffic. well not much anyone can do now except sit back and watch the show. i got the honda out of harms way but its hard to move a house. anyway just keep us in mind and hope for the best out of a bad situation.
                              keep it safe and good luck to the east coasters
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                              X