Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The Fast and the Furious" poll... who owns it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The Fast and the Furious" poll... who owns it?

Ok, who's got it? I know this movie has gotten a LOT of people into tuning... and unfortunately, it's gotten a lot of those people started in the wrong direction...

I personally don't own it, but I actually want it As a movie, it's cool. It captures some of the tuner vibe, even if it is fairly inaccurate.
    I own it, and I'm proud!
    64.81%
    I don't own it, but I want it!
    7.41%
    I own it and I'm ashamed of myself!
    7.41%
    I don't own it and I'm better than you because of it!
    20.37%

I'm one of the proud owners of the first one. (not so proud of the second one). Great movie, just wish not so many people started acting stupidly on the street.
    Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
    registration is free

Comment

most people say they dont follow the crowd. most of the 1's who say that didnt start tuning til they saw that movie. i kno i didnt kno about tuning except 4 Import tuner. then i saw that movie and i wanted 2 actually do it

Comment

i own both and damn proud of it baby..
        H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Oddly, I almost went the rice route. That movie DID have some influence on my wanting to go fast. It wasn't the only influence (just driving stick was the primary influence) but I think it was positive

Comment

I own the first and second, i like the first one better

'04 SB AP2 211whp 150wtq

Comment

i had more pride in owning the very first one HAHA

Comment

1st one was def. better.
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

it came out in 2001... I couldn't even get my license until 2002...lol. So it definately had an impact on me. I already was interested in cars and would drool over the ricey stuff after the movie, which of course called for some blue lights and altezza's on my car initially but as time progressed, I eventually matured my taste and got rid of the ricey lights and now have smoked tails, one piece headlights and H22 power.

I think the movie is important to the culture.. yea its ricey and innacurate but it shows the love for import cars that is out there. It also got me the bug for manual which i had to convert when i did the swap, parents made me start with an auto CB7..lol, the movie definately made me want only a manual car. I stick by the movie as being a good thing for the culture.. even though some fools take it a bit to seriously. Just my .02

"Cars to me are meant, above all else, to be driven no matter what is done to them..."
                  - RJ de Vera

Comment

i have 1 n 2. but i way prefer 1 over 2. much gooder story line. but im wating for 3 to come out. supposed to take place in the "underground streets of tokyo japan" prolly gonna hit the cinima's im guessing summer of 06. i personally just felt there was too much animation on the second picture. hope they do better with the 3rd. but be aware that of course there will be no Vin Dizzle or the blond dude from 1 n 2....

Comment

Damn proud of it, I got it a week before it came out too. The first one owns.

Comment

I have both of em too and agree the first one is better

Comment

I own the first one... and I went through the rice stage before the movie came out. After the movie I focused more on suspension tuning... which makes no sense because the movie mainly focused on drag racing lol.... in other words, the movie had no influence on what I did to my car, but it was still very fun to watch.

Comment

hahah...what kind of options are those deevergote...
                            what about ..i saw it once..it was good...prolly watch it if it comes on HBO or Fox...thats it.

Comment

Yeah, I own that ricer movie. Hell I got the whole damn thing memorized.

Comment

Working...
                              X