the ones without a/c

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the ones without a/c

to the ones without a/c.. how do you guys defrost your windows??? my a/c isnt working.. and it rained the other day.. and my windows were foggy as shit.. i had no way to defrost.. heat didnt work.. and yea.. just wondering.. i might end up just taking the whole a/c unit out.. but that would be hell in the summer..

Frost White CB7 Crew #26

i dont know how yall do that shit..i mean i have a/c but a lot of times i prefer windows down and all but i gotta have it for those other times when its way to fuckin hot like today.

Comment

my A/C hasn't been functioning for a long time so i plan on taking mine out in a few weeks lord willing. it's really not that bad, just roll down windows. as to the defrosting lol.....i just wipe it away with my hand lol but i usually never have to do that. just blast the defroster.

only time i wish i had a working A/C is in bumper to bumper traffic in NYC or Boston in the summer in 80degreee weather with sun beating down on me, with high humidity and no wind. other than that i am good
      My members ride thread

Comment

I hate to start a weather argument...but I'm going to. 80 degrees!?!?! It gets that cold? Man, I'm coming to live up there. But seriously, you can't "defrost" your windows if you don't have you climate control hooked up. Now if you still have your heater hooked up then you can do it but you also need your fan switch together too. Only thing that can be removed is the components underhood the store/carry refrigerant. If you actually have frost on them then just put stuff in your washer reservoir to get it off. I know there's special stuff but I don't live where it even thinks about getting cold so I wouldn't know.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

i just let the heater do its thing even though it doesnt do much on removing moist inside.. i have no a/c either. they charging 300 bucks for fuckin conversion and refill. id rather take time learning and do it myself.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
          1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
          2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
          2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
          2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
          2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

hm...I have a/c and Iv'e used it once in 2 years, lol. as far as defrosting is concerned. I have a/c and I don't use it to defrost. I turn it to cold, ( on full blast) then to hott.

Comment

I open the vents and let the air blow in the car, takes a min but winter isnt much of a problem most of the time for cars here...

My CB has no a/c whats so ever. lol
              Hi, I'm Shippo and I have a problem. I keep buying CB7's.

Comment

As longa as you still have heat and a blower motor, the windows will still defrost. It helps to crack the windows a bit too. If you're an idiot like me, then you don't have any heat or a blower motor so driving in rain or frosty days is not an option and extremely dangerous. Ditch the A/C, keep your heat and blower motor

My Accord History:
                91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

hey speaking of a/c. mine is in need of a recharge, but we all know that r12 or whatever it is called is illegal. so how much does it cost on average to have the a/c system retrofitted to the new freon? or do i have other options?
                  "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

you could try some shower/bathroom mirror anti-fog stuff.

http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=...ay&btnG=Search

fourthgenhatch.net

Comment

Ahh a/c who need that heavy useless trinket. Performance all the way no a/c .

Comment

Originally posted by gutterslide
                        you could try some shower/bathroom mirror anti-fog stuff.

http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=...ay&btnG=Search
                        good idea.

Comment

yea.. it was a bitch when it was raining.. i couldnt open the windows.. and all the damn windows were foggy as hell.. i couldnt see shit.. haha.. i tried the heat.. and it didnt work.. barely.. but i might try that anti fog stuff.. looks interesting

Frost White CB7 Crew #26

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                            Ahh a/c who need that heavy useless trinket. Performance all the way no a/c .
                            LOL When it's raining, I'll slightly open all 4 windows and have the defrost at full and then down to half when it's under control. If you're by yourself, it shouldn't be bad, but when you have all your friends in the car on a rainy day/night, lots of fog!

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by accordme93
                              hey speaking of a/c. mine is in need of a recharge, but we all know that r12 or whatever it is called is illegal. so how much does it cost on average to have the a/c system retrofitted to the new freon? or do i have other options?
                              I have the same problem, my AC blew last summer and i havent fixed it yet, but I want to for this summer.. i'd like to know the answer to this question aswell..
                              1993 Cobalt Blue Accord EX - Sold as of December, 2009

Comment

Working...
                              X