Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Do You Think You Would Respond Mentally?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Do You Think You Would Respond Mentally?

Let's say, for sake of argument, you work really hard towards your goals; I mean really hard. Three or four years later your efforts eventually pay off. You are now worth a million dollars almost two times over at this point. However, attributable to some dirty ugly behind the scenes underhanded sh!t, sh!t that is out of your control, your total net worth shrinks to the point where you only have $0.79 to your name a year later - all your assets are now gone as well.

However, the following year, you will bounce back and your status as a millionaire will be solidified once again.

Now place yourself in that transition time between losing everything and rebuilding. How do you think you would handle your life’s situation mentally? Would you be strong enough to rebuild?
    Last edited by Straight Success; 11-19-2020, 11:15 PM.
    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Came from nothing, of course I could rebuild. Hopefully having learned a few lessons in the meantime. That's life!

"worth a million dollars" in general is a nonsense term, if you're talking about stock values or volatile assets that can instantly deflate like that. Ideally it would have been distributed in ways that are legit but since we are assuming it wasn't, then I would not have had much emotional investment into the level of "worth" (since it's all relative anyway) so I don't think the FALL would be too difficult mentally.

P.S. if you're going through some crap, be strong and hang in there. Unfortunately no level of hard work ever will technically meet any ethereal threshold of "enough work to pay off" - ya gotta keep at it. You'd hope it gets easier in time, but you can't assume that it will. Keep pushing through, adjusting your understandings and levels of expectation as you go. You'll hit the right thing when the time and circumstances are right

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
      Came from nothing, of course I could rebuild. Hopefully having learned a few lessons in the meantime. That's life!

"worth a million dollars" in general is a nonsense term, if you're talking about stock values or volatile assets that can instantly deflate like that. Ideally it would have been distributed in ways that are legit but since we are assuming it wasn't, then I would not have had much emotional investment into the level of "worth" (since it's all relative anyway) so I don't think the FALL would be too difficult mentally.

P.S. if you're going through some crap, be strong and hang in there. Unfortunately no level of hard work ever will technically meet any ethereal threshold of "enough work to pay off" - ya gotta keep at it. You'd hope it gets easier in time, but you can't assume that it will. Keep pushing through, adjusting your understandings and levels of expectation as you go. You'll hit the right thing when the time and circumstances are right
      Naw, I'm as good as God will have me right now, Mike. Attempting to reach these goals are seriously frustrating, and life gets hard at times, but I keep going and pressing forward.

The above is operating under the understanding that the money was all legit and liquid (well, bank balances totaling the net worth)...

Remember, hard work towards dreams; no shady sh!t!
      The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post

Naw, I'm as good as God will have me right now, Mike. Attempting to reach these goals are seriously frustrating, and life gets hard at times, but I keep going and pressing forward.

The above is operating under the understanding that the money was all legit and liquid (well, bank balances totaling the net worth)...

Remember, hard work towards dreams; no shady sh!t!
        You're right! Can't be in any better a place, then where God himself has placed us.
        I ran my business for over 30 years, had to re-invent atleast several times, and alot of people were still really pleased. That, in and of itself was an incredible reward.
        However, I've never done "million dollar" deals before, lol ... and I've always wondered why some people do, specially ones who risk the way that they do.
        It has to be so stressful, and depending on tolerances ... you get what I mean ... ug!

I couldn't even imagine trying to run any kind of business today .. given The Worlds "circumstances" .. wow, and I was a Wedding Photograher, lol!
        Million dollar deals? ... shady or not, ... I know nuthin ... But I do know "hard work" really well ... and it works!
        Just eat well, work out .. rest right, and don't stress the small stuff ... it really is true ... it's all in God's hands anyway ..

Stay safe SS ... Hope you and The "Ohana" have a Great Thanksgiving Day!

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Judging by first three months of this year, i was set to make comfortably in six figures. Cut to March 16, my entire industry is gutted and I literally only get one week of work until September. I go from living in a Marriott, paid for by my employer, visiting the cocktail bar across the street several times per week, paying down all of the debt I have, sending money and gifts to my wife back home, to having one measly unemployment paycheck between us (she STILL hasn't gotten anything) for months on end, maxed out credit cards, and in debt to both sets of parents.

All you can do is buckle down, take a breath, and rebuild. Your skills and your experience don't go away, and that's your real moneymaker. We're coming out of this almost as good as we were last year (better in MANY ways), and prospects are even better.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
          Originally posted by Stephen Fry
          'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
          Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

On November first of last year, I lost mostly everything. The bathroom fan caught on fire and lit the other two apartment units on fire. To make matters worse, the girl I really liked called it quits a week later. I was able to find an apartment two days later, but I remember this particular moment when I looked around and there is was only one blanket in the whole apartment. In those moments, attitude is everything. There are a two dichotomies a man can espouse. (I'm oversimplifying here) One is that of victimhood and a sense of entitlement. The other is that of gratitude and servitude. I saw it as an opportunity to reinvent myself in everyway...physically...mentally....spiritually. A book I always resort to is, 'How a Man Thinketh'. Its a short read, but it'll shift your mindset...if you put in the work. So how would I deal? Easy. I'd rebuild again, moving forward.

Comment

It wouldn't phase me at all that's how I'm treated in life everyday I wouldn't even blink.

Comment

Working...
              X