Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can’t reach ESP Owner Via email

Good evening,

I’ve been trying to reach out to ESP to buy replacement bushings, I can’t seem to get a hold of the owner after the first email reply. Is anyone else having issues?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image0.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	4977230
    For Sale Thread CLICK HERE!

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

CB7Tuner Discord CLICK ME! -- http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...02#post3285402

ESP is basically (or actually) MIA. The two guys that owned it did awesome work, but it seems like they sold the business, and the new person ruined everything.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

^ How/when did you hear that? Last I heard was when it sounded like the guy didn't have as much time, so he was only allowing smaller-batch ordering to not overwhelm himself. I'm pretty sure it was earlier this year that I got my transmission mount...

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
        ^ How/when did you hear that? Last I heard was when it sounded like the guy didn't have as much time, so he was only allowing smaller-batch ordering to not overwhelm himself. I'm pretty sure it was earlier this year that I got my transmission mount...
        Going through the most recent posts in their members store.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
        Originally posted by Stephen Fry
        'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
        Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Damn. Sucks to lose a brand who gave us so much.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I guess I’m out of luck? Man I need some kind of replacement bushing that will fill that mount.

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

CB7Tuner Discord CLICK ME! -- http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...02#post3285402

Comment

I waited nearly 6 months for a traction bar and strut bar kit, and also 5 speed swap mounts. Never received them and thank god I didn’t send them as a friends and family. I got my money back after he claimed for almost 3 months they would ship the next week. Sucks as I am in need of the swap mounts to start with my build.

This happened from last January I believe until June/July. It put me off working on the accord as I wanted to put all the parts on at once. Good luck with dealing with him.

Comment

Originally posted by ol blue View Post
                I waited nearly 6 months for a traction bar and strut bar kit, and also 5 speed swap mounts. Never received them and thank god I didn’t send them as a friends and family. I got my money back after he claimed for almost 3 months they would ship the next week. Sucks as I am in need of the swap mounts to start with my build.

This happened from last January I believe until June/July. It put me off working on the accord as I wanted to put all the parts on at once. Good luck with dealing with him.
                At least Innovative looks to have all the mounts we could need, as well as the traction bar. And honestly, while I'm glad I got the ESP parts while I could, Innovative's quality is probably better. And they've got a "lifetime warranty," so maybe worn bushings are free to replace.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post

At least Innovative looks to have all the mounts we could need, as well as the traction bar. And honestly, while I'm glad I got the ESP parts while I could, Innovative's quality is probably better. And they've got a "lifetime warranty," so maybe worn bushings are free to replace.
                  As far as I understand the Innovative bushings survive significantly longer, as well. They tapered the bushing edges and extended the center sleeve to account for the squeeze factor, so they don't get pinched and torn like the ESP ones were known to do.

I helped them during their 5spd conversion mount development and always want to support local businesses, but I never cared for the homemade clunky nature of their products and usually preferred the alternatives (Ultra Racing bars, Innovative mounts, etc). The traction bar setup was legit though, but as stated, there are alternatives.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                  - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                  - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                  Current cars:
                  - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                  - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

HASport finally made a trans mount for our cars, after it was just a 2-mount kit for so long, so I've been thinking that eventually I'll switch to those just so I can get the softer 62A urethane. The trans mount does include a weld-in bracket, though.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Hasport started making full swap mounts for the H22a recently. Id rather give them my business. I would have loved to have gone the ESP route but their wait times and horrible customer service just lost me.
                      Henry R
                      Koni/Neuspeed
                      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                      1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                      made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

I hadn't heard that ownership had changed hands. The original owners were sporadic, but at least they were generally honest. It looks like things have really gone downhill now.

I think their Member Shop is going to go away at this point. I can't allow them to continue doing business with CB7tuner approval if they're going to treat their customers this way. I'm sorry for all that trusted them and got burned in more recent times.

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post

As far as I understand the Innovative bushings survive significantly longer, as well. They tapered the bushing edges and extended the center sleeve to account for the squeeze factor, so they don't get pinched and torn like the ESP ones were known to do.
                          Yes I had that issue too. Got tired of it happening over and over. so I made a quick jig to hold the center sleeve and filled in the space with liquid nails.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                          01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                          93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                          93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post

Yes I had that issue too. Got tired of it happening over and over. so I made a quick jig to hold the center sleeve and filled in the space with liquid nails.
                            Looks like I'm going to have to rig mine like yours eventually or just buy a new set from Hasport or Innovative.

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

Comment

ESP's Member Shop has been disabled, and the username has been banned (hasn't logged on in a year anyway...)

All the data remains, however. If anyone needs info from the old Member Shop subforum in order to pursue refunds or legal action, just let me know.

Comment

Working...
                              X