Funny what pops up when you search using "best preserved 1993 accord 2021"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny what pops up when you search using "best preserved 1993 accord 2021"

I half expected some reference to my 93SE to show up but not much new...

Instead some interesting vehicles did. And this one caught my eye.

Pewter 1993 Honda Accord LX FWD 5-Speed Manual 2.2L I4 16V this unit been restored and rebuilt 100%, all records are available, A CREAM BUFF, brown CLOTH, Air Conditioning, Bumpers: body-color, Front Bucket Seats, Front Center Armrest, Power door mirrors, Power steering, Power windows, Rear window defroster, Speed control, Tilt steering wheel.

1993 Honda Accord LX
    $5,888

According to CarFax:
    Purchased in 1993
    Estimated Length of ownership: 27 yrs. 4 mo.
    Current miles: 639,060 miles
    No accidents or damage reported

But the real question is why? I understand this 5-speed LX looks really good in the pics but with well over 600K miles is this price overinflated or have CBs started to actually appreciate?

https://www.premierhyundaiofseaside....b7552pc043704/

Click image for larger version  Name:	85bbff3d2b8f19b5da788d7bce3143be.jpg Views:	0 Size:	42.1 KB ID:	4977886

Click image for larger version  Name:	430c1c23becb7d7095aa4db7e6f24191.jpg Views:	0 Size:	38.7 KB ID:	4977887

Click image for larger version  Name:	b074dc257ef668220b67d1fcace9276f.jpg Views:	0 Size:	31.1 KB ID:	4977888

Last edited by hiptech; 02-13-2021, 10:59 AM.
    My Collection:
    93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
    00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
    04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

The condition of both the body and interior at that mileage is throwing me off. How is that even possible, especially in California's harsh sunlight? Clear coat's still intact, no interior fading. If that's the original paint, it had to have been garaged and only driven at night! Looks like the driver seat might have some faint staining, and the cruise control buttons are the only ones showing signs of finger wear. A freshly rebuilt engine on top of that? Depending on the quality of the rebuild, I don't think it's too horrible a price. Something about that mileage, though.

Locally, I haven't noticed the prices of average-quality CBs increase either. I just paid $1500 for a rust-free wagon last January. The clear coat's gone on the roof and hood, but still.
    Last edited by CyborgGT; 02-13-2021, 11:27 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Read closely "...this unit been restored and rebuilt 100%..."

It's appears well done but as CB7S go it's not significant. My question why?
      My Collection:

Comment

I read that, and assumed that by "unit" they were just referring to the engine, not the whole car. Engine rebuilds definitely aren't unheard of; a friend had a shop do a full stock rebuild on a first-gen Forester motor years back. But a full restoration of a car so insanely common but that gets zero attention from the collector community is indeed confusing.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

"CREAM BUFF"?

CB7s are appreciating some. They're not as plentiful as they once were, and finding one in pristine condition is difficult.
          Still, this one is DEFINITELY overpriced with that mileage. Impressive condition for the mileage, if that interior is original... but still.

I'd be very curious to see a full list (with proof) of every part that was replaced. A 100% restoration is a MASSIVE undertaking. It's not likely something that would have been done in recent times by anyone that didn't intend to keep that car for another 30 years.

Also, gotta love that BROWN cloth.

Comment

I sent a message asking for details. Maybe there is hope for Ruby yet!
            90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
            08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Nicely done actually!

Comment

They just called me (sent a message via their web page). Airline pilot owned. Sales guy said rebuilt engine, transmission; new paint. Supposedly original interior. He's going to get some pictures of the engine compartment and underside and pictures of the service records.
                90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

I’d love to know the secret to keeping that interior looking perfect with that many miles.

Comment

Originally posted by Fleetw00d View Post
                    They just called me (sent a message via their web page). Airline pilot owned. Sales guy said rebuilt engine, transmission; new paint. Supposedly original interior. He's going to get some pictures of the engine compartment and underside and pictures of the service records.
                    "...rebuilt engine, transmission; new paint..."

That was my take. Even with my obsessive & meticulous attention, climate controlled garage, monthly detailing and car cover it was impossible to keep some surfaces from oxidizing and failing paint clear coat. Given the pics there was no way a car with this many miles could have survived looking this good without some restoration.

Do share what you find out about the drivetrain. But one thing is inescapable, the mileage.

My Collection:

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      I’d love to know the secret to keeping that interior looking perfect with that many miles.
                      As would I...
                      My Collection:

Comment

Only thing I can think of is lots of long trips, not a lot of getting in/out. One of my daughter's had a 2008 TSX with 278,000 (I know, less than half of this one) and the leather driver seat only had some wrinkles - remarkable condition for the miles. Maybe always had seat covers on?

Does a CB record miles if towed on all four wheels behind a motor home?
                        Last edited by Fleetw00d; 02-13-2021, 08:39 PM.

Comment

All I can say is that arm rest must have been in the up position the whole time. My accord only has 190,000 miles on it and the very edge of the arm rest was worn pretty good. Was really maroon anymore, more like a blackish color.
                          I noticed he doesn't have a floor mat for the driver side. Wonder if they were just taken out for pictures.
                          ~Nick~
                          FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                          MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Some of the pictures they sent to far. Not rusty, just looks like a used CB. No engine photo yet. Sent more than a dozen pages of maintenance records, receipts, but they are too blurry to read.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2623.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	4977919
                            Attached Files

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2641.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	4977922Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2642.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	4977923 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2645.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	4977924

Comment

Working...
                              X