No announcement yet.

Cars and Trucks Are Changing Forever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As far as EVs go, Lucid has my interest at the moment. I have a few family members with Teslas, and they don’t excite me at all. Crazy power, but they don’t seem all that nice. I swear my uncle’s Model 3 smelled strongly of glue when he first got it.

Mazda announced that the next Miata will be electric. I’m not happy about that, though I’ll probably never want a brand new one anyway. My 30 year old car is fine now. When the current generation is just as old, I’ll probably be dead.

Comment

I'll take a tuned-carb'ed 350 V8 making 350 hp/425 lb*ft. o' torque, transferring power through a TH400 back to a 12 bolt posi with 4.10s, no abs with discs at all four corners, no air bags, an 8-point cage, Corbeau racing seats with a 5-point cam lock harness for each seat, 17x8 - front & 17x10 - rear forged aluminum 3-piece concaved wheels at +0, long tube headers with quad cats and electrical manually-actuated cutouts, a pistol-grip style rachet shifter, all while utilizing a GM 'something'-body from 1966-1990.

While they change, I'll be old skool!
      The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
        I'll take a tuned-carb'ed 350 V8 making 350 hp/425 lb*ft. o' torque, transferring power through a TH400 back to a 12 bolt posi with 4.10s, no abs with discs at all four corners, no air bags, an 8-point cage, Corbeau racing seats with a 5-point cam lock harness for each seat, 17x8 - front & 17x10 - rear forged aluminum 3-piece concaved wheels at +0, long tube headers with quad cats and electrical manually-actuated cutouts, a pistol-grip style rachet shifter, all while utilizing a GM 'something'-body from 1966-1990.

While they change, I'll be old skool!
        You can do that now, but in a few years, expect gasoline/diesel to be heavily taxed. The last thing you'll want to drive is a carbureted pushrod V8 lol
        14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Originally posted by verothacamaro View Post

You can do that now, but in a few years, expect gasoline/diesel to be heavily taxed. The last thing you'll want to drive is a carbureted pushrod V8 lol
          I don’t imagine it’ll be too heavily taxed. Our country relies HEAVILY on fossil fuels for damn near everything. Commuting, shipping (air, sea, road, and rail), public transportation… Our fuel costs are already significantly lower than many other nations worldwide. That’s by design. Taxing fossil fuels too heavily will have a damaging impact on our economy. We don’t have the infrastructure to handle a transition to alternative fuel (electric, hydrogen, etc…), and likely won’t for at least a decade.

That said, I HATE the 16mpg my CTS-V averages, and I’m selling that beast as soon as I repair its busted brake line. My 535d makes similar power with twice the mpg.
          I miss my CB7… 30mpg and enough power to be fun. Light enough to toss around. Simple enough that I could figure it all out by myself with basic tools.

Comment

You win some, you lose some, but you live to drive another day - new or old. Although I stated my claim a few posts ago, one of these is on my radar (I'm being optimistic I can afford this someday soon ).

The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Working...
            X