No announcement yet.

One Of My Lastest Projects...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not going to those extremes as it sometimes gets down to single digits here. Even if I did tent it, Heat & Mass Transfer taught me convection will eventually make the inside just as cold as the outside environment. I would have to build a full greenhouse to negate the cold weather. I still have a few more additions for next year, but for now, it's not anchored down. The weight of the garden itself is enough to hold it in place.
    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

I wasn't thinking about going through the winter, just extending the growing season some. As far as anchoring it, just thinking about pressure from the dirt on the uphill side.
      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

I see. I guess that was an oversight on my behalf. My bad.

I have already told myself whatever happens in the garden up to the end of November, that's what it's going to be for 2021. I still have my orange tree and my strawberry plants to handle over the winter. Next year, some Fox Farms soil and fresh seeds should be lit.

On another note, this is the freshest most crispiest lettuce I've ever seen and smelled in my life.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Alright, Old Man Winter is poking his nose into things. Last night we had temperatures as low as 30°F, so it's safe to say it's a wrap for the 2021 growing season. The soil level has dropped about 5" in the garden, but this was to be expected. I knew things had to settle. My plans for next March/April is to get about 20 cubic-feet of Fox Farms soil, get some nutrients (N-P-K), and grow a bunch of stuff.

It's recommended not to turn soil, but I'm going to do it anyway because I have so much of it in my garden. This way, it gets mixed well ready for the new soil to sit on top next year.

In the interim, I have 4 specimens growing indoors: Valencia orange tree, bell pepper plant, 4 strawberry plants, and a tomato plant. I'll post some pics in a hott one.

Here's a bonus. This guy really got big in only a few months. He must be eating good.

This is him on July 9th.

This is today. He's like 6" long now.
          Last edited by Straight Success; 11-04-2021, 08:34 AM.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

So, I just tilled the soil in preparation for winter and the start of the next growing season which will probably be somewhere around the first week in April 2022. I was able to harvest the little bit of cilantro that grew, and no exaggeration when I say this, that was the freshest most flavorful cilantro I've ever eaten.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

whats in the bottom of the hill?

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
              01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
              93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
              93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

I don't fully understand your question. What's in the bottom of the hill??? Do you mean down the hill of the yard from the location of the garden?

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
                  I don't fully understand your question. What's in the bottom of the hill??? Do you mean down the hill of the yard from the location of the garden?
                  yes, looks like it goes down deep

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                  01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                  93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                  93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

It's been a minute, but some major progress has been... you know!

- D. Chappelle

Comment

This seems to be coming along very well!!!
                      http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Man that is so awesome. I bet your getting great satisfaction seeing your hard work paying off!
                        ~Nick~
                        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                        MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAccord View Post
                          This seems to be coming along very well!!!
                          I'm in agreement. Thanks for noticing.

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                          Man that is so awesome. I bet your getting great satisfaction seeing your hard work paying off!
                          Thanks. I was/am satisfied. It felt good to eat fresh produce directly from the source. It was even better when I was able to share with strangers, neighbors, friends and family. Too bad because I moved. The house sold and the garden stayed.

No worries. I have plans to build a 100'x25' mini farm/garden in the future. I have it laid out and all.

Has anyone seen my house design (BTW, I made minor updates since the last video)?

Here's an old iteration:

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Working...
                          X