Embarrassing Cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Embarrassing Cars

What are some car models you guys find cool that others would find embarrassing or Boring?

For me its the Hyundai Accent hatchback. Its like the budget Civic hatch that nobody wants to steal.

Click image for larger version

Name:	88749322-1a3b-4016-8b3f-63de7e53291f.png
Views:	160
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	4980942

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
    01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
    93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
    93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

100% it's the Kia Sol for me

Comment

• verothacamaro
      verothacamaro commented
      Editing a comment
      lol I love the Kia Soul

Mine are:
    Scion XB or BB
    Hyundai Veloster
    Mazda 6
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Are we talking embarrassing/boring from an enthusiast's perspective or a "normie's"? I would think that most non-car people would see driving a '90s Honda today as embarrassing, like it makes you look like you're not doing too well financially. I have that same thought every time I see some characterless appliance like a Toyota Echo in traffic.

I'm not sure if this qualifies, but I would proudly rock an EcoBoost Mustang. A normal person would probably just see that it's a Mustang and not notice or care about the engine, but so-called "enthusiasts" shit all over them. I care more about handling than power, so that lighter front end sounds great to me. And coming from Hondas, I know displacement isn't a real problem.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

LOL. V4 (eco) Ford Mustang! Hands down. I rented one and was like OMFG this thing sounds like shit and goes like it too. It's embarrassing in many ways, I rented one and drove the whole time NOT pushing the gas pedal hard. I didn't want people to know ... hehe

Edit:. well... not a V4. ha. 4-cylinder duh
        Last edited by Raf99; 10-28-2021, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Ford did actually make a V4 in the '60s, though! I think Saab used it in the Sonnet as well.

I do think it's funny how American 4-cylinders tend to sound like little boat engines.
          Last edited by CyborgGT; 10-28-2021, 03:58 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

In no particular order....
            Pontiac Aztek
            Chrysler PT Cruiser
            Plymouth Breeze/Chrysler Cirrus
            Chevy Lumina APV
            Chevy HHR
            Chevy SSR
            Nissan Cube
            Nissan Juke
            Hyundai Tiburon
            Cadillac Catera
            Hummer H2/H3
            The list goes on, there are so many.

Under Construction​​​​​​​​

Comment

^ Ooh, yes, an HHR Panel would make for a badass build! I kinda wish I had my own business, just so I'd have an excuse to build one of those as a company transport car, or a 2nd gen Ford Transit Connect with full Focus RS power/drivetrain conversion with stupid hp. I've always been a big fan of the H3 as well, especially the H3T.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Man, I want half the cars being discussed here!

The only truly embarrassing car I can think of is the Pontiac G6 GXP.
                Whale tail spoiler, extra useless plastic bits… and absolutely no worthwhile performance upgrades. It’s the most out of touch attempt at connecting with tuner culture I’ve ever seen. The only people I see driving those things are septuagenarians.

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                  ^ Ooh, yes, an HHR Panel would make for a badass build! I kinda wish I had my own business, just so I'd have an excuse to build one of those as a company transport car, or a 2nd gen Ford Transit Connect with full Focus RS power/drivetrain conversion with stupid hp. I've always been a big fan of the H3 as well, especially the H3T.
                  The HHR SS was effectively a rebodied Cobalt SS which might be one of the most unheralded sporty cars of all time. Mid to low 6 seconds to 60, sub-15 second car and a 0.86g on the skidpad. Likely a drivers race against your average H-powered CB and would likely walk away from most on a road course in stock form.

That being said, the Nissan Juke was the second worst car I've had the displeasure of driving. The only redeeming factor was that it didn't stink on gas. I had one as a rental for about a month in between trucks. My trip from MA to Philadelphia in in nearly ruined my marriage.

Comment

1988 Mitsubishi Starion
                    1988 Chysler Conquest
                    1989 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24
                    1995 Chevy Baretta Z26
                    2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP (LS3 swapped of course)

The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

ha, i remember the Z24 and the Baretta having the most comfortable seats. Was like sitting on a couch....

Comment

Working...
                      X