Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Former Honeywell Tempe office building being demolished...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Former Honeywell Tempe office building being demolished...

Nothing out of the ordinary these days but still sad. My wife worked for the company back in the late 80's early 90's while I worked over at Intel. Anyway I was out taking the 93SE for an early Sunday morning drive and was surprised to see this since I was unaware they were tearing it down. At first I thought another gas main explosion occurred as one did early last summer at a nearby local business. But after I did some checking I discovered this was scheduled for demolition and will be redeveloped into an industrial space. No biggie but kinda of sad since the company was such a large technology presence here in AZ for so many years along with Motorola, Intel, Sperry, DEK and others.

In fact my first job after moving here in '78 was working at Motorola Government Electronics Division (GED) in prestigious Scottsdale as a mechanical drafter (yes that was a job back in the day). I was pretty excited when I received my first assignment working on the "The Galileo Project" for NASA but I digress...

Took these pics earlier this morning (except for the first shot showing the building prior to being demo'd). It's pretty dramatic to see in person.

My Collection:
    93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
    00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
    04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

I've visited that site a few times working with Honeywell as a supplier to GE Aviation.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

I thought you might chime in... I recall you mentioning a visit to this location once.

Curious about your thoughts on Intel expanding into Ohio?
      My Collection:
      93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
      00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
      04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Comment

where I live in S.FL was near an old IBM corporate office. a few communities were stared here to house the then new tech business workers. like my community. its where the first PC was created too. tech companies change locations a lot it seems

https://www.refreshmiami.com/massive...of-innovators/

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
        01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
        93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
        93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by hiptech View Post
          I thought you might chime in... I recall you mentioning a visit to this location once.

Curious about your thoughts on Intel expanding into Ohio?
          Good for Ohio I suppose, if they actually find customers for all those chips.
          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Working...
          X