Spam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spam

Just curious if we are still banning spammers? I know I have flagged a good amount throughout the months and I’ll check back on them and see the link is still there and they aren’t ban.

If you a spam enforcer I’d be happy to tell but just wasn’t sure if we were still banning them.

This is not a dig or anything, just generally curious and don’t want this great forum to get flooded with crap.
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

I offered to assist with spammers but this went on deaf ears. *shrugs*...

Comment

Yep.

Deev and I regularly see your reports and delete / ban as needed. I did a few this AM. I don't see any open reports. If there are still some, keep flagging.

Comment

Crap, missed this post somehow!

I ban any spammers found, and Nick I get all of your reports (thank you very much, by the way!)

John, Nick… if you guys would be interested in becoming moderators here, your help would be welcome. You guys are at the core of this community these days, and your presence is greatly appreciated.
        John, your offer didn’t fall on deaf ears. I just felt bad putting you to work!

But we clearly need some help around here. I’m not around as often these days. Trying to be, but my stupid admin account is absurdly slow (a known problem that vbulletin basically just shrugged off…)
        I usually camp out in the beginner forums, squashing spam and helping the occasional noob.

Comment

I would be happy to join the mod team. Though I must warn you I will be mia in dec for 9ish months. Its that time in my career where I may pay my dues. But would be happy to join
          ~Nick~
          FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
          MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Sign me up. We are all busy these days (kids, life, work, etc. ) so helps to have others help. The way I see it eventually it will just be us OGs on here as no-one will be buying cb7s anymore. I'm still shocked to see new posts / new cb7s in here.
            Just imagine .. no beginner section ..

Comment

Awesome! Glad to have you both on board!

The beginner forums still contain the spam (we still get plenty of it), but I set the post requirement to 5 instead of 30. Maybe it can go lower. I do want to encourage the newbies to stay once they’ve joined. I suppose the social interaction aspect of a forum isn’t what it once was now that social media is so popular. That makes growth here slower. But I’m happy to see so many people are still coming here to chat, share info, and find answers.

Comment

Congrats to you Raf and Grumpy, you guys deserve it. Definitely two of the most active and helpful members on here by far.

I too wish this forum would grow but sadly I don't think it will. The Accord has always played second fiddle and will never get the recognition that the Civic does, also with the age of these cars fewer and fewer exist every day. Most of the people that come nowadays aren't enthusiasts and won't stay. With the H series inventory all but gone, even fewer people will be interested in modding our chassis.

Under Construction​​​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Size9zombie View Post
                  Congrats to you Raf and Grumpy, you guys deserve it. Definitely two of the most active and helpful members on here by far.

I too wish this forum would grow but sadly I don't think it will. The Accord has always played second fiddle and will never get the recognition that the Civic does, also with the age of these cars fewer and fewer exist every day. Most of the people that come nowadays aren't enthusiasts and won't stay. With the H series inventory all but gone, even fewer people will be interested in modding our chassis.
                  Unfortunately you're not wrong. I still see the occasional CB running around, but they're getting rare, especially here in the rustbelt. I would venture to say there are single digit numbers of rust-free Accords in MA at this point. There's one for sale near me with a full Sigma kit for $5,000 and rusty quarters.

Mine was totaled 15 years ago and I come here mainly for the nostalgia more than anything. I still like the forum format rather than FB but that's simply because I'm a geezer.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post

Unfortunately you're not wrong. I still see the occasional CB running around, but they're getting rare, especially here in the rustbelt. I would venture to say there are single digit numbers of rust-free Accords in MA at this point. There's one for sale near me with a full Sigma kit for $5,000 and rusty quarters.

Mine was totaled 15 years ago and I come here mainly for the nostalgia more than anything. I still like the forum format rather than FB but that's simply because I'm a geezer.
                    I still have mine, and have been collecting parts for several years now, getting close! I will be making a build thread once I get started, hopefully (if everything goes according to plan) this upcoming spring.

Comment

Not sure why my phone posted that 3 times, sorry.

Comment

Working...
                      X