I gave my 93SE to the dealer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gave my 93SE to the dealer!

Before you all start screaming NOOO you're CRAZY! It's not what it seems.

I've been doing some projects at home and one of them involves a number of DIYs including replacing an old plastic laundry sink with a stainless one and finally getting around to installing a mini-split AC I only bought only 2 years ago. With no room to move around much less work I contemplated moving the 93SE and the TSX into some temporary storage facilities but @ $350/mo for each car I found a better solution. My friend Tyson has been rotating his stock of Acuras at the local dealer for months. Their inventory is so low they are literally starved for "new" cars to go in the showroom. So when I drove by in my TSX recently I spoke with the general manager and he was very excited at the prospect of having some older "interesting" cars to show. So after completing some maintenance and detailing I brought the 93SE over yesterday and it immediately received a "few passing glances."

The good news for me is I've already been able to replace a bunch of old fluorescent lights with 4ft LEDs in the garage so that was a good start. As soon as I finish some fluid changes and do some detailing on the TSX off it goes next. I'll probably start with the sink and next go after the AC system. It's already getting uncomfortably hot out here with outside temps pushing well past 105 degrees F. So even with 2 ceiling fans in the and extra insulation by mid afternoon the garage temps were hitting 90 degrees F. Needless to say I'm very motivated to get this done!

If anyone is in the area and wants to take a peek the cars will be at Acura of Tempe here in AZ. Between Tyson's vast assortment of cars and my meager 2 it's like a mini-car show...

My Collection:
    93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
    00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
    04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Awww that is sweet. I imagine customers will take notice and have their own stories.

Comment

how fun!

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

pretty bad ass. Ive never had a car clean enough for that though LoL

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
        01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
        93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
        93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

So how many offers to buy have you had since it's been in the showroom?

Accord Aero-R

Comment

So just to recap, the 93SE is still at the showroom and I've been really taking advantage of my garage/home remodeling projects. I've gone back about once a week to keep tabs on it, wipe it down and checking out how many ppl keep stopping by to look at it. I haven't talked to anyone except the general manager and judging by what he's told me and the number of ppl who stop and ask about it, it's been a big draw for them.

Over the weekend I brought the TSX over too. After I wiped it down I took a few pics. It's amazing how all the open space and large windows really make the cars look amazing...

I stopped by again today to pick up a couple parts I ordered and while I was there I noticed that all mine and Tyson's cars now have "Not For Sale" signs. I was told there was so many ppl over the weekend asking if they were available they decided it was easier to just add the signs and not deal with all the questions. So if ppl were looking to make any offers I guess I won't be hearing about it.

Last edited by hiptech; 08-23-2022, 08:05 PM.
            My Collection:

Comment

Man those are so damn clean. Really cool seeing them in the showroom, and I'm not surprised that you're getting tons of offers to purchase either of them. That Integra in the background looks like it's pretty clean too.

Under Construction​​​​​​​​

Comment

Thanks!

What's incredible is it's now over 3 months and they haven't kicked me out yet! Though I suspect that will change soon once the the new '23s hit the dealers.

​​​​​​BTW I should have posted this sooner but the white Integral you admired did sell. It's an '89 LS that Tyson listed online. Nice car that someone got a for a very good price...

About 167k miles and sold for $5600. I think the lack of a 5-speed may have hurt it a little.

https://autohunter.com/Listing/Detai...-Acura-Integra
                https://youtu.be/bO7-1QBkbdk
                Last edited by hiptech; 08-15-2022, 07:22 AM.
                My Collection:

Comment

Your car looks so amazing! Please don't tell me that's original paint? No.. ... must of been professionally redone? (can't remember if bump stops were black on that year)

Comment

Thanks Raf!

Are you referring to the 93SE?
                    My Collection:

Comment

Yes....

Comment

Ahh got it... you threw me with "bump stops" it took me a while to understand what you were referring to. Assuming you meant "bumper strips" correct? Anyway both the SE and 10th Anniversary versions came with body color moldings.

Back in early '17 when I decided to go for it and have the car refurbished for minor things that were less than perfect. Things like replacing the side mirrors with NOS and repainted to match; re-shoot the bumpers and front chin spoiler that had a few noticeable scuffs, the rocker panels and wiper arms needed the black finish restored; the body side moldings were completely dull and chalky so they were repainted; the hood and trunk lid had failing clearcoat; since the roof and spoiler held up nothing there was needed. Added clear film to cover the entire front end including the hood, bumper and mirrors.

If you were to ask me how much of the car has been restored vs preserved I'd say on the exterior about 85% is still original. On the interior I replaced the leather for driver's (left) seat cushion, back rest, side bolsters; left seat new padding; color matched both front seats and door panels. So for the inside I'd say it's about 90% original.

Overall it's still mostly original for the paint and leather.

Here's the post with pics from back when the work was done...

https://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb5/forum/...ct-restoration
                        Last edited by hiptech; 08-24-2022, 06:17 PM.
                        My Collection:

Comment

Huh. Interesting. Clean SE there. Nice job on it.
                          Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
                          2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
                          2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
                          2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

Working...
                          X