ESP scam update info, legal action being taken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ESP scam update info, legal action being taken

I have been watching this thread for a little while over on Prelude Power, and things are heating up it seems. Looks like things are getting worse with John since he was banned from here. Posting this for any newcomers to the CB world who may not know any better. ESPs website domain has went offline but for anyone who has already placed an order and paid, there is legal action being taken, and the more people attached to it the easier it will be. https://www.preludepower.com/threads...e-scam.463859/

Under Construction​​​​​​​​

Read all the threads. Guess I got lucky with ESP back in the day. But think we kicked him out here too. Didn't know it was him and his dad + others. He did internet/ sales & father welded. But was always shady business IMO. Hope the people get their money back as that's no way to treat customers.

Comment

I agree, horrible way to treat customers. I was going to get some ESP stuff for mine a year or two ago but changed my mind and went with Innovative instead. I have the traction bar and the mounts awaiting install.
      Last edited by Size9zombie; 08-14-2022, 10:01 PM.

Under Construction​​​​​​​​

Comment

While I always appreciate aftermarket support, their stuff always seemed like exceedingly basic workshop fabrication priced like it was engineered in a high-end Japanese tuning shop. When they fucked everyone over by selling their business and not telling anyone, I knew they were just shysters rather than actual enthusiasts

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
        Originally posted by Stephen Fry
        'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
        Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
          While I always appreciate aftermarket support, their stuff always seemed like exceedingly basic workshop fabrication priced like it was engineered in a high-end Japanese tuning shop. When they fucked everyone over by selling their business and not telling anyone, I knew they were just shysters rather than actual enthusiasts
          I've been happy with the front and rear strut bar when compared to my old Neuspeed unit. However, I was also a very early buy. Sad to see this happen. I saw a post about their engine mounts routinely failing as well now.
          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

So I purchased his traction bars and mount when he first came about. His traction bar is still holding strong. But I finally got to mount his motor mounts when I put the built motor in last year and within 500 miles they started sagging. So went back to my diy poly filled ones and haven’t looked back. Sad to see so many people scammed
            ~Nick~
            FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
            MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
              So I purchased his traction bars and mount when he first came about. His traction bar is still holding strong. But I finally got to mount his motor mounts when I put the built motor in last year and within 500 miles they started sagging. So went back to my diy poly filled ones and haven’t looked back. Sad to see so many people scammed
              same with mine. they got pinched cuz the center tube was too thin. after a while they broke apart, and banged around. I filled them in with poly.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
              01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
              93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
              93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Everyone in that thread seems convinced it's still John, when I was under the impression the brand was sold to someone else. I'm more interested in that detail being straightened out than anything, honestly.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                  Everyone in that thread seems convinced it's still John, when I was under the impression the brand was sold to someone else. I'm more interested in that detail being straightened out than anything, honestly.
                  I don't know if John still owns it. But I know I bought the motor mounts at the time John owned the company.
                  ~Nick~
                  FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                  MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Sucks to see this happen, I tried to order from them in early 2020 to get my project going. First thing he said to do was send it friends and family. I told them absolutely not and will pay the extra. Thank god I did I waited 5 months with nothing but replies saying it will be done next week. Filed a complaint with PayPal and was able to get my 1,000 dollars back thankfully.

Comment

I ordered my auto-to-manual conversion mount from them in June 2020, coated in a requested silver color, and it only took a month to arrive. Maybe it was a part they had ready on the shelf and just needed to be powder coated?

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Working...
                      X