Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's 2023 and this 92EX is a true time capsule!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's 2023 and this 92EX is a true time capsule!

Came across this beauty on YT. Further research shows it's located in Brazil but is unavailable. Took me a while to realize the vid was in Portugese...

it appears to be a 92 EX with less than 45k miles in Bordeaux Red Pearl which has held up amazingly well here.

At first I thought the black leather interior was aftermarket. According to my 1992 Accord brochure Honda didn't offer black or leather in the USDM. So my only conclusion is that even though the "Honda of America Mfg, Inc" decal is clearly visible under the hood, Brazil must have been one of the export countries that Honda shipped to. Apparently some color combos and features offered were different which accounts for the black leather. Also it has the rare in-dash single disc CD changer...

Amazing condition. I actually think it's in better shape than mine!

https://youtu.be/bh0cgplyXJc

Apparently was being sold by a consigner but unfortunately is no longer available

Can't get the pics to link here buy here are the site pics:
    https://reginaldodecampinas.com.br/p...1992-44-000km/
    My Collection:
    93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
    00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
    04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Wow, that's beautiful. I love seeing original examples like this and yours, it is a time capsule and I hope whoever aquired this example continues to maintain it in this condition for another 30+ years. I want that interior.

Under Construction​​​​​​​​

Comment

This is really immaculate!
      http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Hmm, just noticed some few things that make me want this even more...

OEM labels still on most parts. Look at the pic where the wiper motor can be seen through the outside cowl vents. There's other parts like this too. The only signs of any wear I see are the horn buttons and driver mat.. LOL Brazil must be a very crowded place for the silkscreen to be so worn from those buttons.
        Last edited by hiptech; 01-21-2023, 08:11 PM.
        My Collection:

Comment

My guess is that the leather's aftermarket. Back when CBs were still common you'd regularly see them for sale with dealer installed leather in all the common colors. I remember seeing a 1990 LX in LBM like mine with blue leather.

I'd love to see the VIN on it to see if it's always been in Brazil.

I think I still have my cruise control operation tag somewhere as the owners manual didn't go with the car. Neither did my original key, come to think of it.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
            My guess is that the leather's aftermarket. Back when CBs were still common you'd regularly see them for sale with dealer installed leather in all the common colors. I remember seeing a 1990 LX in LBM like mine with blue leather.

I'd love to see the VIN on it to see if it's always been in Brazil.

I think I still have my cruise control operation tag somewhere as the owners manual didn't go with the car. Neither did my original key, come to think of it.
            Your right dealers did install leather in all the common colors. It wouldn't have been practical or cost effective to do a full interior color change. But one of the nice features of cars from this period are the attention to detail and that included the color matching of the interior materials including inside the trunk. That leads me to believe it came with a black interior.

But I do agree I wish the VIN and/or window sticker were available...

BTW I did notice the description doesn't mention which Accord model this is and since the EX logo is missing from the right rear valance below the taillight I wonder if that's significant?

My Collection:

Comment

Originally posted by hiptech View Post

Your right dealers did install leather in all the common colors. It wouldn't have been practical or cost effective to do a full interior color change. But one of the nice features of cars from this period are the attention to detail and that included the color matching of the interior materials including inside the trunk. That leads me to believe it came with a black interior.

But I do agree I wish the VIN and/or window sticker were available...

BTW I did notice the description doesn't mention which Accord model this is and since the EX logo is missing from the right rear valance below the taillight I wonder if that's significant?
              This is a gray interior, though. The 92-93 in Bordeaux had a grey interior. The 90-91 was ivory if memory serves me. The 91 SE plastics are much darker than this car.

Comment

This car was advertised here for around 50 thousand reais, which is around 10 thousand dollars almost. I don't know the exact amount that was sold, I believe the price has dropped a little, it was on sale for around 6 months! Here in Brazil it is common to see cars with leather interiors, I believe that Honda supplied those interested who wanted to put them on at the time. This car only has 44k miles, it really is little driven, the car was very still and with a single owner lol But I have a motto, a stationary car doesn't tell a story, but it's really cool to see such a well-preserved car. Mine Belonged to the 1st director of Honda in Brazil, My license plate is DIR = Director 0001 = First My cb7 still has the original cassette player, original cd, and the disc changer in the trunk and everything works perfectly thank God. my instagram that I created a little while ago and little by little I'm uploading the photos; We have a good and active community on facebook and whatsapp group for cb7 holders my instagram is director.cb7 There you can see the vehicle. I also have the car's manual signed by the Director at the time, I have 3 radio magazines, a diskette and a security sensor, I believe it was the alarm; When I bought the car the alarm came, but I left it at the garage with a mechanic, it probably disappeared lol But I'm very happy to have this community a little bit active, and to mention a car in Brazil big hug to the active members.

Comment

https://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb5/forum/...b7-from-brazil

my presentation

Comment

I've only ever seen fuzzy mats like that in a JDM accord.

Comment

Originally posted by hiptech View Post

I was scouring the pics to try to find signs - I have a feeling it was repainted. Not many reasons to strip and polish the spots where the emblems were. Couldn't find anything else that would have made it obvious, other than perhaps the side mirrors - the embossed area near the joint where it has the brand/text stamp looks like its filled over by a thick coat of fresh paint. I believe I recall seeing stock CB7s having a more defined imprint/stamp when they only have the original coat of paint. Could be wrong...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                      Current cars:
                      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                        I've only ever seen fuzzy mats like that in a JDM accord.
                        My OEM mats looked like those.

Comment

Can't say I've seen an oil cap of this color either. and did someone de-badge the car? It has no EX/LX/EXR on the trunk.

Comment

Wow, very nice. Keep that car far away from the salt belt. Great color. The SE that my sibling just bought, the engine bay with 61K miles is as clean as this one. No rust. Thanks for posting this car.

Comment

Working...
                            X