Guys AWD H22 CB7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys AWD H22 CB7

Anyone else check out this guys videos from time to time? He's been doing a AWD cb7.... very impressive for a home project! Makes me want to attempt it, but the amount of hackery for the rear would be just crazy!

https://www.youtube.com/@AJIMPORTS/videos

yaaa this is the video ya'll want to see. Not sure where he got the rear sub frame from but it shows how he cut the rear of the cb7 to put it in. I would guess it's the CRV rear sub frame as that's what he used for the transmission / along with a H2B adapter plate and flywheel adapter. And to see that huge sub frame welding to some cheap thin sheet metal in the rear .... i wonder how they beefed that whole area up...

Crazy!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	cb7awd.JPG
Views:	130
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	4983637

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUajz-nQxSo
    Last edited by Raf99; 02-25-2023, 10:36 AM.

Comment

I enjoy AJImports! He does have a really interesting CB build.
      http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

He's great! I know he's had a lot of troubles, but he's definitely pushing the boundaries.
        14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

I think S1built made a kit for the Preludes I don't remember if they have one out for the CB.
          Keep Pushing..

Comment

Lol I actually just looked at S1Built's Instagram & they are literally in the process of making the AWD setup. They probably have the best AWD kits out compared to anyone else.
            Keep Pushing..

Comment

They are in the process but they are also charging I believe 5k for it vs the civic dudes paying 2k max. I’ve been following aj and S1. Both are good channels and AJ shows you step by step of his progress and gives a good breakdown.
              ~Nick~
              FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
              MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Oh ya... if you were to buy parts new from say dragcartel.com it's big $$$ . I couldn't afford to do this haha.

Comment

I’ve been watching this build on social media lately. Absolutely crazy. I like that it seems to be fairly well done. I’ve seen some other crazy builds, like V8 swaps, that were very sloppy. It’s not impressive if the build compromises everything that makes the car great in the first place!

Comment

Watching his build and he had to run the exhaust under the passenger side of the car which is crazy IMO. I can't image there being enough room under there at all....

Comment

one of the conversions I was most hoping to see somebody do to a CB. been watching his build for a while now! love that its on the road and mostly together.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                      Current cars:
                      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

AWD would be tempting if it weren't for the practicality sacrifices, like losing your trunk space to a fuel cell or, as Raf mentioned, things like odd exhaust routing hurting your ground clearance. It's so cool to see people still pushing the CB chassis these days with the AWD conversions and even that wide body kit, but at the end of the day I'd just get something that was AWD from factory and designed with that drivetrain in mind.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Yes tempting, but the hacking involved here is just not worth it! I'd run the exhaust out the side vs. under the car where there's no room anyways. He had to move the e-brake cables and hack that center console too. Hack the whole back of the car out, change to a different gas tank which means he moved all the lines and electrical, pretty sure the rear shocks don't go in the same spot, ...... and the trans is already the weakest link here, adding the rest of the drive-train to it + turbo ...... eeeeek. I wouldn't trust having the whole rear subframe from another vehicle welded into that thin thin sheet metal in the rear too. Having it all one piece as it is from the factory works, but... breaking it apart like this... i don't know. Adding more weight and stress to the whole rear section. Also the exhaust has some good heat shielding above it by factory, to move all that below the passenger side, I'd be worried about it melting stuff and also hitting off the ground which would rip the whole thing off. I'm sure everything works great, glad to see someone doing it though.

Comment

Working...
                          X