at the track last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

at the track last night

my buddy and i finally got are little project out to the track last night. here is a little run down of our project. 93 civic ex coupe, gutted and cut up, 1/8" plexi windows, 1 gal fuel cel, 13x22x8 m/t, skinnys on the rear, b20z vtec swap with gsr head and ls gear box, engine is nearly bone stock. mods to the engine are integ type r intake manafold. aluminum flywheel, aluminum crank pully, dc header(short a- pipe dumps out right in front of the shifter). the car with the drivetrain weighs 1610lbs. we made 2 shake down passes with it last night. best pass was 12.40@ 108 mph! this car was built from all junk we had lying around the shop. the only thing we bough for this car was the skinnys for the rear. we also have a msd 2 step rev limiter, a fully locked spool for the tranny, gsr gearing for the tranny, weisco 14:1 forged pistons, and crower stage 4 cams not yet installed.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=22013
    cb7tuner.com Cleveland division

That's quick! Nice setup and it's cool it's all from extra parts and whatnot Sounds amazing and keep it N/A too

Comment

nice.... i bet its not he prettiest thing tho ...pics?

Comment

Nice. Next time you guys go to the track, take a cam with you...i wanna see this shit happen.

-Jordan

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

thats tight
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

no its deff not pretty but the car was only $100.00 to start. ill post up some pics this week.

Comment

Originally posted by cb9tunerguy
              no its deff not pretty but the car was only $100.00 to start. ill post up some pics this week.
              Yeah, please do! I like to see projects like this

Comment

well we had the coupe back out at the track last night, we put the locking spool in and the msd/2 step rev limiter. we mad 4 passes with it and the best time turned was 12.18@108.7 mph. 60 foot time 1.675. we spent every run tweaking on it, messing with the air pressure and every pass was quicker and quicker. we are going to spend the next couple of weeks rewiring the car and finding more weight to take out of it. we are looking for a fiberglass one peice front end if anyone knows someone with one for a couple hundred dollars, pm me. its ok if its a little messed up. any way here are some pics as promised.

Comment

or if someone has a good link to where i can get a new one this would help out too. im also looking for a used optima yellow top for a civic.

Comment

damn this shit is sick!!!!

12.1 with parts you had laying around...now thats just fucking awsome.

14:1 c/r is rediculous.What are you guys tuning with?

I smell 11's-good luck!

ILBB

EDIT:I vote ITB's
                    People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
                    The world needs to be reset.

Comment

I would suggest messing with the rear bumper. cut the middle of it out, and add some sort of diffuser like those one BW rear kits. at the speed you are running, I am sure it catches some air and slows you down. If you can, try running a pass w/o the rear bumper, and see if it would make any difference before tearing it to shreds.

Comment

Originally posted by aero
                        I would suggest messing with the rear bumper. cut the middle of it out, and add some sort of diffuser like those one BW rear kits. at the speed you are running, I am sure it catches some air and slows you down. If you can, try running a pass w/o the rear bumper, and see if it would make any difference before tearing it to shreds.

I forget what magazine i read that in, but it was a magazine that was working on an eg hatch project.They swore up and down that by drilling holes in the rear bumper, it shaved .2 tenths of the 1/4.pretty good shit if you ask me.

ILBB
                        People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
                        The world needs to be reset.

Comment

we got a gs-r ecu from locashracing. only ecu mod is a 9k rev limiter, but he have the high in the 2 step pilled at 8200. i want to mod the rear bumper for wind but my buddy doesnt right now so we are gonna leave it for the time being.

Comment

CF hood and trunk will lighten it up. as well as cutting out any unnecessary crap in the trunk.
                            (RIP)1993 LX Sedan
                            Frost White Crew Member #36

JDM Beating Stick Owner #1
                            My (old) Ride

Comment

Originally posted by cb9tunerguy
                              we got a gs-r ecu from locashracing. only ecu mod is a 9k rev limiter, but he have the high in the 2 step pilled at 8200. i want to mod the rear bumper for wind but my buddy doesnt right now so we are gonna leave it for the time being.
                              is that when you drill those holes in the bumper?
                              i never knew what those holes were for (speed holes )
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                              X